Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2013... under starters orders

(997 Posts)
herhonesty Fri 27-Jul-12 13:56:29

so tested positive on thursday am for a due date of ... 1st april.... anyone else? early days yet but after 2 years of trying for no. 2 i am very excited!!

JaquelineHyde Tue 28-Aug-12 00:18:26

Lets make sure we fill this one up first though shall we...waste not want not and all that grin

SneezySnatcher Tue 28-Aug-12 07:25:57

So sorry Blondecat and Mrstwinks sad

alwayshopeful13 Tue 28-Aug-12 07:51:54

Morning all. Well I don't know whether it's the return to work after 2.5 weeks glorious time off (0620 alarm was quite a shock to the system this morning) or the tiredness from not sleeping well, but I feel utterly grim this morning. Honestly, the smell from coffee cup belonging to the fellow passenger opposite is making me want to wretch.

Thank goodness for MN to distract me!

Have reassurance scan Thurs so counting down to that, while also trying not to think about it too much.

Hope all you lovely ladies are well this morning.

6+4

ratbagcatbag Tue 28-Aug-12 08:58:59

So sorry blondecat and mrs twinks, agree with everyone here who says do what you feel is right for you and your family and ignore insensitive drs. A friend who mc really early planted a rose bush called sweet dreams (I think it was that) in her garden, just something small and symbolic for her.

Itatfirstidontsucceed. Yep if I turn over in bed to quick, stretch too far after yawning or sneeze I get a sharp twinge like a pulled muscle really low down and a dull ache for a few minutes afterwards.

9+1

aufaniae Tue 28-Aug-12 09:44:41

So sorry to hear your news mrstwinks and blondcat sad

CamelKnees Tue 28-Aug-12 10:13:36

Really sorry for your losses blondecat and mrstwinks

HiHowAreYou Tue 28-Aug-12 15:50:41

Sorry blondecat, I missed your news before. sad

kellestar Wed 29-Aug-12 10:08:03

Sorry to hear your news blondecat and mrstwinks

Feeling pretty grotty, nausea and trapped wind. MiL is going to pick up DD after lunch. We'd normally go to toddler group but not feeling up to running about so have gone back to bed, have put the TV on with cbeebies while I groan in discomfort.

The last time I watched the TV in the bedroom was the night I went into labour with DD.

Will see you over on the new thread soon.

9+0

CatchAsCatchCan Thu 30-Aug-12 11:18:13

Hi everyone, I've joined this thread late (first post on MN! grin). Have been ttc for over 18mos, and had all but thrown in the towel (and was being instructed by my GP to get a load of blood tests and a scan done to see what the problem was) when suddenly af didn't show up, and realised what was going on!

A day after a ppt (last week), I started spotting. I had a mc 3 years ago the day after a ppt, so was convinced it was happening again, but whereas before, I only had a day of spotting and then it came out, this time, the spotting hasn't got heavier or red. Just 7 days of brown, always there when I wipe. No cramps. confused It's confusing and disconcerting.

I phoned up my GP (who's on holiday angry how dare she!), and spoke to someone else who I've never met; he basically just said there wasn't anything to do, and if it got worse, go to A&E. I already had a scan appointment booked for next week (booked it when I didn't know I was pg yet for the fertility issues), so I'm just going to go along to it and hopefully see something reassuring. The GP I spoke to seemed convinced that they wouldn't be able to see anything (it'll be 6.5w), but maybe we'll see a little flicker? I'd be happy with even just a yolk sac, though.

As for symptoms, I suppose in a way those are freaking me out more -- really only have had sore breasts so far, with a little bit of fatigue and some crying, but no nausea, and even those symptoms have waxed and waned a lot. Every day I wake up and check my boobs, and get kind of scared if they're not sore enough! I know it's early days yet.

I'm so sorry to read your news, blondecat and mrstwinks.

CatchAsCatchCan Thu 30-Aug-12 11:23:23

Oops, forgot to say specifically, 5+4 today.

Giddypants Thu 30-Aug-12 18:11:34

Everyone is on the new thread now smile think there is a link a few posts up, didn't want you to think we were ignoring you x

zeebee1 Sat 01-Sep-12 09:07:45

Hi all
Sad news my end- had a couple if scans over the last couple of weeks and even though we saw a heart beat of one of the fetus' it has now stopped and they are both getting smaller. Absolutely devastating news for us - we've been TTC DC1 for 3 years now and this was our 3rd IVF attempt.... So playing the waiting game now for them to pass naturally or to have a D&c next week....
Pls take me off the list.... Good luck to everyone else here - hope things are smooth running for you all..
Zb

NobbyD Sat 01-Sep-12 13:05:21

Oh zeebee I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you sad

Been on hols and trying to catch up with all posts but had to respond to zeebee. Sad news.

HaveALittleFaith Sat 01-Sep-12 13:55:54

zeebee I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope the wait isn't too long and make sure you take care of yourself.

JaquelineHyde Sat 01-Sep-12 14:03:16

sad Zeebee I am so, so sorry. Please look after yourself over the next few weeks.

Do not give up hope, your time will come, I'm just sorry that your time wasn't now. I will look our for you on furture antenatal threads. Lots of love xx

HiHowAreYou Sat 01-Sep-12 14:56:40

That is sad news Zeb. sad
I wish you the best of luck for the future.

LoobyLou33 Sat 01-Sep-12 19:05:36

Zeebee I'm very sorry to hear that. How sad and difficult after all those attempts. My sister has a friend who's been through similar (several IVF rounds) and also had an ectopic pregnancy, but she finally succeeded and is 8 months now. I hope you get there too. We'll miss you. xx

Teapig Sun 02-Sep-12 09:35:06

I'm so sorry Zeebee. Look after yourself and don't give up hope. As others have said your time will come I'm sure, I know that doesn't make your loss any less heart breaking. Take care xx

Tattinger Thu 06-Sep-12 20:35:23

Hi, can i join too please. Expecting number 3 on 28th April. Totally bloated all the way from bottom to top of tummy. Nausea just beginning, had it bad for the other two pregnancies. Live in central west London, w2 x

HaveALittleFaith Thu 06-Sep-12 20:50:15

Hi Tattinger this is the old thread, we're all over here come on and join us!

shomes Tue 02-Oct-12 14:09:56

Hello all,

Was a bit reticent to come on here after C in January at 12 weeks but would like to join the group please!

We are 13weeks and 4 days and very excited after having the scan on friday. This is our second baby and i'm starting to get fat already!!!

Hope your all well x

Congrats Shomes grin

This is an old thread, we're all over Here now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now