Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2013... under starters orders

(997 Posts)
herhonesty Fri 27-Jul-12 13:56:29

so tested positive on thursday am for a due date of ... 1st april.... anyone else? early days yet but after 2 years of trying for no. 2 i am very excited!!

Ratbagcatbag Thu 02-Aug-12 15:36:51

Can I ask another daft question to alloys lovely mumsnetters?

When working out due date they do it from date of first day of last period, which is approx five weeks ago for me, so am I technically five weeks pregnant? Or does it count from day conceived which they think around 6th july, so 3 weeks preg?? And which do they base the twelve week scan and expected delivery date on??

Apologies I appear to be absolutely clueless blush

Ratbagcatbag Thu 02-Aug-12 15:37:15

Alloys = all you

Flosshilde Thu 02-Aug-12 15:53:24

Due date is from first day of last period, so you will be 5 weeks pregnant. You spend the first two weeks of pregnancy not being pregnant. All your scans, etc are based on this.

Average human gestation is 38 weeks, but a pregnancy is classed as 40 weeks.

Confusingly, my friends medical books were all based on date since conception so when I tried to tally up my scan pic with the pics in there I wondered why they didn't match...

Ratbagcatbag Thu 02-Aug-12 15:58:07

See you learn something new everyday, I genuinely though you were pregnant for 40 weeks.

So my twelve week scan will actually be 10 weeks in size, my brain hurts lol, but thank you for filling me in. smile

Pontouf Thu 02-Aug-12 17:56:52

Hi all, how're we all feeling? Welcome to all new peo

Pontouf Thu 02-Aug-12 18:38:12

New people - sorry stupid iPhone!!!

I am finding I'm completely exhausted most of the time. Have got my parents staying at the moment and am trying really hard to stay up and chat in the evenings but I'm working ten hour shifts and have a 20 month old (and obviously am 5+2) so am struggling a bit!

Aussie, yes I'm having far fewer symptoms this time round. With DS I was vomitting at 3 and a half weeks but I'm only getting mild nausea this time round. So maybe I'm having a girl??! I think although i'd like a girl, I'd be just as happy with another boy - boys are fab! DH and I would like at least three anyway.

Giddypants Thu 02-Aug-12 18:53:14

Hi can I join please dc2 due 3rd April I'm about 5 weeks seems like such a long way to go!

JessieEssex Thu 02-Aug-12 20:29:51

Can I join too? pontouf we chatted briefly on my 'is this line really a line?' type thread last week! Currently expecting an EDD of 6th April. this will be DC2 - DD is 23 months. Had my first twinge of morning sickness this morning...

Scouseandproud Thu 02-Aug-12 21:31:10

Evening!

Hi Giddypants and JessieEssex

Ratbag was Alton Towers any fun without being able to go on the rides? We had a trip planned for later this month but DH can go with his mates without me I think, I bloody love oblivion and would be quietly miffed standing holding stuff while they go on everything envy.

I'm so damn dehydrated at the minute, but the nausea has gone at least.

Does anyone know if we get bounty packs on second children?? How sad that I'm interested to know if they've changed in the last two years ha!

Giddypants Thu 02-Aug-12 21:42:21

I love Alton towers, don't know how you stomach oblivion though, we used to go with a group of friends every year for a double header front row on Rita is the best! But since we got old and had kids we haven't been able to get there! Think it was 5 years ago last time we went. Not been on 13 or sub terra, but I will, I am determined grin

Pontouf Thu 02-Aug-12 22:28:37

Hi Jessie, great to see you over here! My EDD is 2/4/13. Congrats again on the definite BFP smile

Welcome also to Giddypants.

I agree with Scouse, I bloody love Oblivion and Air and Nemesis and Rita and..... well all of it and could not face going if I had to watch everyone else have fun while I held the coats!

Giddypants Fri 03-Aug-12 10:28:05

Thanks for the welcomes, I'm really freaking out this morning, I didn't have many symptoms when pg with DS but I had the sore boobs thoughout and from an early stage, I know they say each pregnancy is different but this time I have had hardly anything, my boobs felt a little tender yesterday but nothing today.
I feel like I'm loosing my sprout sad could bf make them less sensitive?

I go on a few days break on Monday back on Wednesday if I still feel the same i'll see if I can get an early scan at the EPAU, I had a mmc in 2006 went to 14 weeks and was devastated at my dating scan don't want to go through that again

timetomoveon Fri 03-Aug-12 10:37:50

Giddy - I'm having a panic today as well as my boobs are really hurting any more. I don't know about the bf, sorry.
Hope you're ok x

timetomoveon Fri 03-Aug-12 10:38:15

sorry should say *aren't really hurting any more.

Flosshilde Fri 03-Aug-12 11:09:27

Giddy and time - my boobs barely hurt at all yesterday but were back to their usual agonising selves this morning. I can't remember it fluctuating the first time round but it must have done.

I can understand your worries particularly with a previous mmc for you Giddy, I was thinking earlier that it must be one of the hardest ways of having to deal with a mc. And I was thinking about mmc as my mind was running through all the things that could go wrong with this pregnancy...

Giddypants Fri 03-Aug-12 11:22:00

The wait is just agonising, if someone said that it was going to end early I could except it and move on, but it's just the not knowing!

FunkyMonkey1983 Fri 03-Aug-12 12:01:01

Hi all, hope everyone is doing ok. I've not been on the thread much as the sickness is quite bad for me at the moment and looking at a computer screen seems to make it worse! I had my booking in appointment with the midwife yesterday and she's sending me for an early scan as she thinks I'm further on that I thought!

So I might be 7 weeks already, not 5 but I guess I'll find out next week!

timetomoveon Fri 03-Aug-12 12:20:14

Giddy - I totally know what you mean. My first pg ended in mc at 11 weeks - once I got past that with ds,I felt a lot better but that seems such a long time away atm.

areyoumad Fri 03-Aug-12 12:21:00

Normally post as ratbagcatbag

Things aren't great today, me and DH had a huge row last night, turns out he's been miserable for months and was thinking about leaving, now feels trapped as I'm pregnantv sad Crappy crap day today, just talking today and he thinks weve grown apart and are getting worse, he's really unhappy sad

BonaDea Fri 03-Aug-12 12:44:01

Ratbag - so sorry to hear that. You must be so upset. Perhaps you should think about going to get some counselling as a couple to see if this would help? The timing is just awful for you sad. Hugs from me.

Giddypants Fri 03-Aug-12 14:32:33

That's awful ratbag could you sit down together and try and hash things out?

Flosshilde Fri 03-Aug-12 14:45:52

Ratbag - I am so sorry to hear that. Not sure what to advise really. I can only suggest couples counselling like Bona did. You have time on your side before the baby comes at least.

areyoumad Fri 03-Aug-12 15:16:54

Just had some tough chats, I think I'll be hiding this thread soon as I won't be having a baby anymore, or have a house or husband for that matter. Wow, how quick it can change from what you think is ok.

Thanks for everyones support though and I wish you all good luck with your pregnancies.

BonaDea Fri 03-Aug-12 15:28:04

Ratbag - just don't rush anything. Take your time to make these tough decisions.

timetomoveon Fri 03-Aug-12 16:21:32

Ratbag sad Just want to echo what BonaDea says - take your time. Hugs from me too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now