Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BROOKING NO ARGUMENT for pain-free sneeze births and an abundance of empty birthing pools - pt 12!

(992 Posts)

I think this is the first time I've ever started a brooking thread! shock <hopes she doesn't break MN>

That's it, I'm officially losing the plot.

That last post was meant for post grads. And it took me an age to type on my phone.

I'll pop upstairs in a mo and sort out fb for everyone smile

Just got up and had a glug of fluid come out blush - no contractions though so it could be leaky waters (it was def not a big gush though, just a glug) or it could be a preggo's ample supply of cervical fluid i suppose. Now just sitting with a pad on and seeing what happens!

What do I do if I keep glugging but have no contractions, phone the midwife in a few hours dot advice?

TheLittleFriend Sun 07-Oct-12 09:18:48

Exciting fluff! Maybe give it an hour or so to see if anything else happens, then ring Mw or mat ward for advice. Very excited for you grin

I completely forgot to comment on cakes delivery, self absorbed or what! blush

I was surprised how long it took to get you to hospital too - you were lucky they transferred you when they did! emcs sounds scary Mary, but I'm glad it went well smile

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Sun 07-Oct-12 09:31:41

Fx for you fluff. Probably too 'ick' but, er, did you smell it? Waters have a straw-like smell, different to wee or other emissions...

I'm still being sick. Very weak now. Dd is having a sleepover at GP's, we were meant to be getting on with clearing the junk spare room and sorting baby stuff, no chance of that now. Rubbish sad.

Well no more glugs typical! smegs it didn't smell of much of anything, so definitely not wee. It was a lot for CM but maybe it was just that hmm

Aww smegs take it easy sad don't overdo it, just get lots of rest.

<a bit late to the party>
Huge congrats to cakes and baby Isla, what a lovely name. Sorry to hear about the dramatic entrance but I hope you are healing well? Looking forward to seeing you on the post grads thread (which I am equally crap at posting on).
Can someone pm me re the fb group?

PM'd you Ninja smile

thank you fluuf, have friended you.

Thanks for adding me to the FB group Fluffy!!!

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Sun 07-Oct-12 17:02:02

Ooh Fluff sounds very exciting, newborn snuggles very soon smile when I was in labour with ds2 I thought my waters broke and very proudly went off to the mw for checking (had been having contractions for 12 hours, I have very long first stage) she had to discreetly tell me I had actually peed myself a little bit blush it was the very large baby engaging.

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Sun 07-Oct-12 17:05:04

Sorry didn't mean you peed your self fluff, yours is very likely to be your waters, I just wanted to share my funny humiliating story, there are not many times in polite conversation you can drop that little anecdote in smilesmile

clickingtock Sun 07-Oct-12 17:25:19

Good luck Fluffter - BROOKING for a mild and pleasant sneeze and soon.

Cakes - what a shame re' the EMCS as you were doing so well to get to 9cm, but like you say, a happy gorgeous amazing baby is all that matters. Good luck with getting back on your feet and getting home.

Smegs - had that one too. Sick for 24hrs but stomach dodgy for about a week. Good luck. Try to keep hydrated even if sick all the time.

Scarlett - your gender prediction story sounds so familiar. DS is 80% insisting that we're having a DD this time, though I'm laying money on a DS2 and am mentally prepared for that outcome. DP says he'd be v surprised if we got ourselves a girl. But there you go. I'm still certain that either is bloomin marvellous, just give me that baby. Oh and remember those nappy armageddons - nothing for it but a bath...

Just had a parking ticket - 8 minutes late (time on mobile was out by 5 mins). W*nk. And strange chest pain seems to have developed into a trapped nerve under shoulder blade or badly pulled muscle. Grrr. Was doing pretty well with this pg until week 28...DP now away for a fortnight so I will have to grin and bear it. Sleep is the tricky bit and am shock by how much paracetamol I have taken in this pg though never more than 2 tabs a day and not every single day. Feel v guilty... sad

TTFN, thinking of Cakes and Fluff in particular.

Fluffster - I've accepted your friend request. Ready for action on the group assuming you're not mid-sneeze grin

<waves to everyone else>

Fluff - Jen has got me on the fb thing - thanks smile

TheLittleFriend Sun 07-Oct-12 20:33:29

Right, I'm going to do a new thread before we run out of room. Hang on...

TheLittleFriend Sun 07-Oct-12 20:39:06

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now