Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Due in August Thread... Part 6!

(1000 Posts)

Hello ladies, come on in grab a biscuit, wine and/or brew... rest those puffy cankles, sore bumps and aching backs wink and let's hope this thread sees the arrival of some babies!

MrGeresHamster Sun 05-Aug-12 08:43:34

Ham loving the idea of a beach bum baby! He sounds do cute. Don't worry too much about the jaundice. My mum has told me to look out for it as she naturally had babies with jaundice (all four of us had it at birth). Apparently when it came to DC4 she lied to the Midwifes that the baby was looking yellow so that they would start treatment straight away. Blood test confirmed jaundice before my DB showed signs, my mum just wanted to get going with it, she just produces babies with jaundice. None of us had any problem with the treatment nor had any lasting effects... except maybe if you count being sun worshippers all four of us!

Absolutely lashing down with rain here. Is that a sign of imminent labour ? <grabs straws>

hamncheese Sun 05-Aug-12 08:57:47

Thanks guys. I wish I'd known to do that hamster as my mum said it about him early on and both me and my bro were jaundiced when born! Will know for next time (and from that you can tell its all good as I'm not like NEVERAGAIN haha)

Weekipper Sun 05-Aug-12 09:02:51

At the moment everyone sounds quite positive must be the effect of Team GB! DH joked he'll step up to the plate every time we get 6golds in a day. I didn't find it do funny hmm

Ham bit envious of you with Sandy to snuggle and I'm sure you're dying to get home.
geek least you can chat to the others in the ward and the comings and goings will provide some interest compared to being on your own. Hope you're getting lots of visitors and treats.
mrsmiggins what you describe sounds like me! My swollen feet etc has gone right down, loo visiting up, heartburn still in action! I'm due on Thursday. Fingers crossed-legs open!

What kind of blanket can you use for swaddling like Ham talked about? I gave Muslins which are biggish and thought might try that as its a bit warm here and our flat is toasty at night. (no heating on)

Weekipper Sun 05-Aug-12 09:03:39

do funny= so funny!

Whiteangel Sun 05-Aug-12 09:21:00

Good morning all, I'm still pregnant! Think we've tried everything on the list apart from pineapple and castor oil now with no joy! Harumph! Enjoyed watching the athletics last night and then there were lots of fireworks around the valley. Not exactly sure why but was good to watch. Very misty this morning. Can hardly see the houses opposite, someone has stollen our lovely view! My dad has extended my deadline until 3:30am Monday which is when he gets in the van to go down to London for the week so come on baby, get a wriggle on! DH is in a good mood, he decided to try the bedroom thing last night and has agreed to buy presents for the midwives. Not that he is tight ...
Really lovely to hear how well you are doing ham. Sorry Sandy is a little jaundiced but sure he will be super fit and healthy by the time you get home. Glad the feeding is going well xx

susiegrapevine Sun 05-Aug-12 09:21:22

weekipper muslins are good for swaddling and I'd say the right size tho my ds was small when born.

Feeling a bit tired and tearful this morn, prob cos I woke up in the night feeling hot and sick - cos I ate too much dominoes blush! Very annoying am pregnant and really can't get away with stuffing my face!

Also very annoyed with dh this is the 3rd night in a row he has come to bed really late - getting progressivley later! Arrrg what would he do if he came to bed at 3 which he did last night (playing computer games by the way) and then I went into labour at 5am like I did before. He'd be useless to me arrrrgggg he's like f**king child. Will have to lock down his account and put parental controls on I think.

Whiteangel Sun 05-Aug-12 09:23:46

I've bought a couple of swaddling blankets which are ready shaped but not sure they are necessary. Hopefully the midwives will help us with that sort of thing?

frillylemons Sun 05-Aug-12 09:42:21

Lovely to hear from you Ham!! I'm glad Alexander is doing well, even though he has a bit of jaundice. I'm sure it'll clear up quickly. smile

I am scared for my life today confused For real. Although I kept reminding him, DH forgot to send his grandma a birthday card and now his mum is fuming. We are going up to see her later for a cuppa and DH thinks she is going to bring it up. I know I should've organised a card, but I wanted him to do it because I kinda think it is his responsibility. Anyway, he forgot and now I am scared. My MIL never ever ever asks how I am or the baby and I am scared of her blush DH is straight with her which helps but I just sit there staring at my feet! Oh help!

MrGeresHamster Sun 05-Aug-12 10:11:01

Frilly can you fake some kind of pregnancy related malady (sickness, diarrhoea, over heating, sore something) and send your DH up on his own to face the music...? His mum, his grandma, his forgetfulness, his responsibility...

frillylemons Sun 05-Aug-12 10:12:44

Well she lives 10 mins out in the country an we were going to walk the dog at the same time...maybe I'll just let him take all the flack wink He has been standing up for me a lot recently as his mum is a bit mean to me and I'm a doormat scares of her grin

Vinolover Sun 05-Aug-12 12:40:47

Definitely let him take the flack Frilly! Hopefully your MIL won't cause too much of an atmosphere where you visit. Mine's being funny too at the moment but thank goodness I don't need to see her at the moment.
Hope you enjoy your walk smile We went for one this morning but I think I may have over done it yesterday and I really struggled today.

Ham your baby sounds absolutely adorable and I too am jealous of your snuggles. I'm so glad you're loving every second of it, there really is no other feeling like it is there.

Another day here and still no sign of an imminent arrival but I shall crack on with the eviction techniques smile Everyday is another day closer to meeting him and I know it's not going to be long now.

Anybody else sad like me and desperate to take their pram out for a spin????

Whiteangel Sun 05-Aug-12 13:13:16

When we went for a walk around the block yesterday I noticed all of the overhanging bushes and cars parked on pavements. Maybe if I knock off a couple of wing mirrors they'll learn their lesson! Thundering again here! About to have my Bombay Bad Boy. Will report back later. BiL is convinced it will work!

therumoursaretrue Sun 05-Aug-12 13:30:39

ham lovely to hear from you, your wee man sounds absolutely adorable!

My contractions were off and on from Monday - Thursday. Started off regular and then got more painful but sporadic and have now stopped altogether. I am in such a mood though as DP isn't here and I am so anxious incase they start again and he isn't back from Holland.

Also TMI but I've had a lot more discharge the last few days. Is this a sign!?

Signet2012 Sun 05-Aug-12 13:39:21

This may come a little late in the day, but I am sat next to a cot, a moses basket, little people clothes all in their own wardrobe and drawers... with a hospital bag at my feet rocking in a rocking chair..... I think this means, I'll be having a baby soon!

Shit!!!!!!!

Nursery has been done for a week now, 37 weeks today. Hospital bag has been done since last night.

It feels so real now! I had a minor meltdown last night at the prospect of becoming a mum. Does anyone else not dare to believe its true yet? I can't shake a feeling of doom that something is going to go wrong and I am not going to be a mum really, is this normal?

So excited but as a first timer so scared!

frillylemons Sun 05-Aug-12 15:11:19

Signet, I know exactly what you mean! This is my first (will be 37 weeks on Tues) and I am sure those feelings are totally normal! Thank flip for MN eh?

Well, it went fine with MIL. She ended up inviting us for lunch and we took her a mini rose plant as a thank you (we locked ourselves out of the house this morning blush) and she didn't even bring up the birthday thing smile

I was careful not to mention my baby shower which is next saturday (it was arranged for when she is seeing a musical in London. Oops then!) and all was well smile

Lovely to hear from you Ham and am sure wee Alexander will be just fine very soon. Bet you can't wait to get him home now though.

Glad all ok with MIL Frilly. These things are sent to try us...! Not trying to sound smug, but am so pleased we got all our birthday presents bought and delivered in advance of the entire family birthday craziness that is July, August and early Sept!

Had an eventful afternoon: at 1430, one game into the Murrah match, DH called to say that the dog had stepped on a fishing fly and had this horrible thing stuck in her foot. Poor girl. So an emergency trip to the vet for her to be shaved, sedated, fly yanked out etc. Back an hour later, and DDog is zonked still! Can't wait for the bill to come...joy. Really makes me cross though that people can't take their rubbish away with them, as it could have required surgery had she eaten the stick that the fly was attached to.

Signet, I too know exactly what you mean. I go through lots of mild panic feelings to feelings of OMG, there'll be a baby here soon and I don't want to cock it all up! But I'm sure it'll all come naturally and we'll both learn on the job. I hope.

Was very very sore last night very low down, so am hoping baby might be dropping finally. Also had backache too, but all gone today. Made some nice jam and watching the tennis now. Burgers for supper. Hurrah.

Sorry for long post! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend and we see some more babies soon smile x

Vinolover Sun 05-Aug-12 16:54:30

Glad your MIL was ok in the end frilly. It's such a relief isn't it!

I've had lots of low down pains too miggins and back pain but only have a few tightenings today. It's all pointing in the right direction though smile

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday afternoon.

Lovemarmite Sun 05-Aug-12 17:03:58

rumours I had what seemed to be contractions for a few days and they've gone but a lot more discharge and I'm a mess with crying.
DH was mucking about and rubbed my bum and it made me cry as LO was kicking as well and both made my back really hurty and then what seemed like a big BH happened. Oh dear, my tears just roll now!
Then sat on the sofa and boo'd again as I tried to do some gardening and I was too big and cumbersome to do anything at all. Managed to repot a few plants but ended up wearing more soil than went into the pots, ah my love of gardening is a 'oh sod it out there' from now on until I can.

DH hoping I can start the eviction plans but am feeling too tired for anything at all.

Lovely to hear from you Ham and hope sandy is out and back in your arms asap. And you get a few hours kip x
Bawl your eyes out afterwards too? Oh no, more crying, bring it on then!!!

frillylemons Sun 05-Aug-12 17:04:50

grin Thanks ladies!

Vino, you mentioned low down pains...are they like period pains? I've been having them a lot recently. My friend who has 2 DCs said its a really good sign...confused

Ambi Sun 05-Aug-12 17:26:53

Here you all are!!! I was on a thread from BFP but it petered out and I figured that the Aug PGers were really not very chatty. Then I find this! D'oh!! Clearly a bit late to the party and missed all the goss these months but I'm due 27th with DD2.

MrGeresHamster Sun 05-Aug-12 17:39:17

Hey Ambi and welcome!

Ok, so today I've been having pains. Different to the BH and period pains that I've been having for the last couple of weeks. At first I thought baby was doing lots of stretching but actually its the bump tightening along with more like period cramps then period pains. These cramps are definitely focused in the groin. Undercarriage 'feels' heavy and (TMI) damp. It's been happening all day, regularly but not constantly. Refusing to get myself excited and haven't mentioned it to DH.

Is this something... or nothing...

Due Tuesday...

Ishop are you sorting out new thread again...?

MrGeresHamster Sun 05-Aug-12 18:13:55

Ok so realised that ishop will probably not be able to start the new thread as she has successfully moved into the postnatal thread. So I've set up number 7... You'll find it in the antenatal threads.

tashaw28 Sun 05-Aug-12 18:34:06

Let's finish

tashaw28 Sun 05-Aug-12 18:34:18

This thread

tashaw28 Sun 05-Aug-12 18:34:36

First wink

This thread is not accepting new messages.