Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second time shagger graduates!

(12 Posts)
kurlyvoice Thu 28-Jun-12 18:46:23

Setting us up with a comfy home for the next eight months, full of cake and other pg-friendly goodies!

Link to future grads here

bunnygirl80 Thu 28-Jun-12 22:41:33

<has a look round then slinks back off to the ttc taking her blue cheese, rare steak and wine with her>

pixiestix Fri 29-Jun-12 14:42:23

<comes in for a stalk>

<wrestles the wine from Bunny>

kurlyvoice Fri 29-Jun-12 21:02:20

Do you think that watching Wimbledon (particularly tense 5 setters) is bad for the baby.....?!?!?

haloflo Sat 30-Jun-12 18:22:49

Ooh you be careful kurly!

I wanted to vomit into my toothpaste this morning. I am taking this a Good Sign.

kurlyvoice Sat 30-Jun-12 18:26:39

That does seem to be a good sign, Flo! I cracked open the rich tea biscuits yesterday to help me get up... and then the omelette I made for DS just now really turned my stomach!

haloflo Wed 04-Jul-12 20:04:45

How are we all? I booked my appointment with the mw today. Earliest date was a week on Tuesday when I'll be 9 weeks. Seems ages off, I want my scan date now!

Apparently I have to see the gp first (as in gp at 3.15, midwife at 3.30.) Really no idea why!? Er hi I'm pregnant, brilliant, now move along to the midwife.

kurlyvoice Thu 05-Jul-12 09:04:39

Ooh, Flo, I've got my midwife appointment the same day! I'll be 7 weeks then, I think. I don't have to go to the doctor though - just rang up and they said congrats, here's an appointment!

I hope all is ok with you. I'm feeling sick and tired here, and bloated... And I've been awake since 4am, which doesn't help!

haloflo Thu 05-Jul-12 11:50:36

4am?! Baby or insomnia? We were up at 6 this morning and I thought that was bad. I am still feeling sick and very bloated but I am still pleased about that! I hope no one guesses before the scan.

I am trying not to nap today as it took me ages to fall asleep last night.

kurlyvoice Thu 05-Jul-12 18:25:45

Insomnia! Baby had been awake since 2 with DH and he had exhausted every back to sleep idea except milk, so put him in his cot to make it. He had a bit of a screech (which was what I heard) but was asleep before the milk was even made. Hoping it's a better night for everyone tonight!

I've bought a new pair of trousers and floaty top to try to help disguise my already-bloaty-tummy at school. But I did tell my parents today which helped to make it a bit more real. They'd be a tower of strength if anything did go wrong and helped by clearing up the house a bit today once they understood why the washing up pile was a bit high!

haloflo Thu 19-Jul-12 12:40:04

kurly How are you? Sleeping any better? I told my mum yesterday and she was really happy for us. She then took DD for a walk round the garden so I could hoover and make tea. So much easier than picking her up every few minutes when she gets grumpy during the pre tea slump.

I haven't got any maternity trousers left (all were so worn I had to throw away) so i'm living in dresses/tights and leggings.

My first appointment with the MW was good (as predicted visiting the GP was a waste of time) They have changed the order somewhat and took my bloods then. I wasn't expecting that but they are done now and it feels all official that i'm pg! Scan date is 3rd August so 2 weeks, 1 day. Hurry up!

Oh and the worst pg symptom has struck. I don't want tea or coffee!

kurlyvoice Fri 20-Jul-12 12:31:23

Hi halo! Sleeping a bit better, thanks, though always find it hard to go back to sleep after getting up for a wee. DS is back to sleeping well, thank goodness, so that does help.

I had my bloods taken too, though they did that last time, but was a bit sad to be told that they won't check for the heartbeat until 20 weeks. sad I loved that last time, especially recording it for DH to hear as a surprise.

Sorry that you've gone off tea and coffee. I did last time but not yet this time around. I'm finding I need to eat almost every hour otherwise I feel so sick. And DS has had some horrible nappies which I've nearly thrown up over.

I had some sad news yesterday. One of my loveliest NCT mummy friends had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I didn't know she was pg, but had suspected she would be soon as we've all been quite open with our plans for no.2. She's being so amazing about it but I just kept crying. And it makes me so scared about whether this little pip is ok.

Last day of school today, though, and then lots of busy sociable things to keep me occupied. I hope I get a scan soon - jealous that yours is so soon, but very pleased for you too! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now