Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - nearer the end than the beginning

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Thu 28-Jun-12 18:31:58
izzybizzybuzzybees Fri 29-Jun-12 17:54:01

Just marking my spot!

Glad to see your scan went well DH

Congrats on your little girl capedcrusader. I have an anterior placenta too which is reassuring because now I know why I haven't felt much movement. I know the gender isn't always 100% but I'm as sure as can be that mine's a boy. There's no mistaking what I saw on the screen wink

shelly I've got to have scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks but it's really good news that there were no obv problems now because it's now much less likely I'll have problems down the line smile

DebussyHead Fri 29-Jun-12 19:57:23

New thread alreadysmile

Place marking.

ShellyBobbs Fri 29-Jun-12 20:31:16

That's really good DH, also more scan photos for the album grin

Yeah I've got so many now! Going to put a few in frames and the rest in a photo album.

My ds' scan is in a frame on the windowsill and it's so faded from the sun you can barely make it out.

Sophiathesnowfairy Fri 29-Jun-12 21:08:48

DH21 your earlier post about swelling down there!blush YES, I haven't had this in my other pregnancies and I don't like it much, is v uncomfortable. I did find another thread in childbirth about it so I think it's totally normal.

Love Efffie Loads.

Congrats on all this weeks scans.

Evilwater Fri 29-Jun-12 21:21:29

Hello everyone,
I've had some cravings, for donuts and ice cream. I ate 5 donuts, one after the other! I've never eaten that many, ever, and now I'm thinking about a ice cream.

As for swelling, the only place seems to be my feet when I'm at work. As for lower down, I havn't seen it for a while.

Evil

sophia phew! Glad it's not just me then! It isn't nice to look at tbh so I'm quite glad I can't see it really anymore lol.

The waxing didn't hurt as much as I thought it would but it's a bit sensitive now.

ShellyBobbs Fri 29-Jun-12 22:09:15

Evil I really laughed at that, my current thing is Subway veggie deli's with spicy everything on, it's costing hubby a fortune smile

I have had a swollen vag for a bit now, but if hubby asks it will be indefinitely as it's a very good excuse not to see the snake! Haven't had sex for about 6 or 7 weeks now the poor thing..........

WestWinger Fri 29-Jun-12 22:23:37

Marking my place. Didn't realise we were on the new thread already - thought the other one had gone quiet!

Lane81 Fri 29-Jun-12 22:33:38

hello new posters!

we're thinking about martha or eva at the moment for our little girl, but worried the second is too popular now. sure we will change our mind a hundred times!

horseylady Fri 29-Jun-12 23:46:16

Congrats on the scans!!!! Still no name thoughts here!!

We had a girls name sorted and are a bit stumped now we need a boys name.

GTbaby Sat 30-Jun-12 00:37:00

Marking spot

My feet are swollen today. Sucks. N lots of leg cramps last night. Coupled with first stretch marks n generally feeling crap not been a great week.

Night night x

We've got a list of about 4 girls names but there's one I love and I think dh is coming round to it, he says he likes it now than when I first said it but you'll all have to wait til she arrives to find out!

IM GOING TO SPAIN TODAY YAYYY!!!
We're leaving in about 4 hours grin So I'll be offline til next sat, there'll prob be a new thread by then! I'll do my best to catch up when I get back.

A big good luck to all those who have scans coming up this week can't wait to find out how many more pinks/ blues we've got!

Wishing everyone a good week and happy, healthy pregnancies smile

SwissArmyWife Sat 30-Jun-12 07:09:15

DH Have a lovely time you lucky woman!! (I'm not jealous at all... wink )

Oh dear, swelling and stretch marks and cravings... Isn't pregnancy wonderful?
The only part of me that is swollen is my tongue, but only in the mornings confused I wonder why.
Stretch marks are abundant on my tum, and that's from last time! I dread to think what i'll look like after this one! Palmers tummy butter is a godsend though smile

Lane I really like the name Martha, Eva is nice too but is quite popular! Hope you settle on one before the big day smile

Anyone elses toddlers waking up horribly early at the moment? It must be the light with my DD, i'm considering getting a blackout blind for her room to see if that makes any difference, does anybody else use one?
I need more kip!

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 30-Jun-12 07:45:46

swiss I have a travel blackout blind for DS from the gro company and it works a treat. We don't use it in the winter. The girls have a standard blackout rollerblind from Dunelm which works well too but they have early rising in their genes unfortunately. So here I am with dds watching noddy while the boys in the family snooze in! I was happy with 7:15 though. Better than 6!

SwissArmyWife Sat 30-Jun-12 08:16:51

5:30 every day for me at the mo sad 7:30 was her usual waking time before and I know i'm she's not getting enough sleep, so I may well invest in a blackout blind, thanks smile

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 30-Jun-12 08:30:41

Oh 5:30 hope you get to have a feet up at some point!

WestWinger Sat 30-Jun-12 08:38:07

I use a blackout blind and it is a godsend for daytime naps, getting to sleep when it's still light outside and for a lie in in the morning. DD usually sleeps in until about 8 unless we wake her up. We got one from Sunbuster here which was about £40 for our window but I love the fact that you can fold it up easily during the day.

Have a great holiday DH!!!!

SwissArmyWife Sat 30-Jun-12 09:31:27

I'm going to get a travel blind first and see if it works smile 8am sounds like a good time to me!
Thanks Sophia, I do too!

Thanks westwinger only an hour till we leave but we've done everything so we're just sitting around waiting!

Ds seems to wake up around half 6 atm which I can cope with but 8am would be a luxury!

horseylady Sat 30-Jun-12 10:07:56

Dh have fab holiday! Swiss generally a sign of dehydration swollen tongues.

I'm shattered sad

Catbag Sat 30-Jun-12 10:19:54

I managed to get a full 10 hours sleep last night. Feel more alive this morning than I have done in 6 weeks!

This thread is not accepting new messages.