Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - nearer the end than the beginning

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Thu 28-Jun-12 18:31:58
Catbag Thu 28-Jun-12 22:34:58

applepieinthesky I've one anterior placenta and one posterior- the baby with the posterior placenta is kicking me in for about 22 hours per day, the anterior one I only feel every other day maybe. While I'm grateful that I don't have to deal with both kicking me in all the time, there is something reassuring about the constant movement of the lower twin.

CandyPop I'm sure my bump has doubled in size this last week. In fact, MIL told me as much. I'm the same size I was at 36 weeks with my youngest daughter! shock And yesterday my bump started below my ribs. Today it's definitely an inch or so higher up. Can't believe how fast they're growing!

Kyzordz Fri 29-Jun-12 00:15:24

Marking my place smile we've not chosen a name yet although I do have a list and a strong feeling of what we'll go with but when my youngest sister was born my mum had her name chosen right the way through and then she changed her mind last minute! We know we're having a boy so we've just added nice names to our list as we've found them and we can go from there smile

Weight wise, I haven't checked for a couple of weeks but I hadn't gained any the last time I did check, from when I had the booking in appointment. I should check again really! I certainly feel massively heavy and I'm sure I've started waddling already! How lovely! I've also started leaking from my nipples already, am assuming this is ok, I'm 20+5 and it started about a week ago and is happening more often :S it's only clear looking stuff though :S

TheDetective Fri 29-Jun-12 00:23:58

Yes, it's normal to leak colostrum. And normal not to either!!

I'm not leaking but I can hand express already grin.

brew anyone?!

TheDetective Fri 29-Jun-12 00:30:45

Anyone else able to hand express? Btw, unless you are used to doing it, it takes practice! I'm guessing mums with older children who have breastfed before may be able to do this! I've been trying now and then since early on but only got anything this week.

I hand express with other people every day of my life pretty much! So I'm well practiced in the art ;)

Im going to start expressing at 36 weeks.

I can hand express but I haven't got milk atm, I read it wasn't good to do that when preg because it can trigger contractions?

Sophiathesnowfairy Fri 29-Jun-12 06:59:54

Welcome catbag and brockle

I can't believe you lot, you will be the ones who have the baby and pop back into shapeenvy I am usually 5 8 and just over 10 1/2 stone which is a happy 12 and sometimes a 10 on top. I have already put on a stone a halfsad and I know it takes me 18 months to get back to normal.

Well done to all of you who manage to keep to a similar diet, I just hit the fridge in the first twelve weeks and spend the rest of the time trying to break the bad habits.

We have names but we will decide finally when it appears. Was cross though as have a friend of Facebook who posts everything about her pregnancy and posted the name. AND IT WAS OUR NAME! But DH says it doesn't matter if that is what we want we will use it.

Off for a rainy drive up to BRum for the day, get hair done and the calgel on my toenails hooray. NO more bending over the bump.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Fri 29-Jun-12 08:34:31

Morning all! No leaking from me yet. Didnt know you could express in advance - can that be frozen and used to feed baby? Might be worth starting to build a freezer supply before if possible?

Lilliana Fri 29-Jun-12 10:11:03

Welcome to cat and candy

Candypop we share scan dates and EDD dates!

No leaking yet ... wasn't expecting to deal with that for awhile yet! Thank god for MN or loads of things would be catching me unawares! Isn't the first milk clostrum (sp?) that baby needs? Is it a good idea to express this?
<has no clue>

Mainly here to mark place

Scan today, not til 4:40 though sad getting my hol wax as well, never had one when preg so will see if it's any more painful!

Is anyone else feeling a bit swollen 'down there'? It feels bigger and more bulgy then normal! confused

mcsquared Fri 29-Jun-12 12:17:08

Thank you to everyone who was so reassuring on the last thread about the 20 week scan! I had it on Wednesday and all well, it's a boy. : ) I just knew he was a boy right from the beginning, and have always referred to the baby as a 'he'. Makes baby names harder though because Indian girl names are so much prettier!

I do have to go back in three weeks, though, because his head was firmly in my pelvis, he was fast asleep and we couldn't get him to move! So the sonographer couldn't get a look at his face/head properly and wanted to bring us back to double check. Feel a bit more reassured now! Saw him suckling which was lovely.

It's amazing how just over a week ago, I was just starting to feel small kicks, barely noticeable and now they're strong enough to get my attention!

CandyPop Fri 29-Jun-12 12:25:41

Hi lilliana! What time is ur scan? Mines at 4pm. Are you finding out the sex of the baby??

Cant believe we're half way through already! I'm just waiting for the scan to give us the all ok then will start buying stuff :-)

Lilliana Fri 29-Jun-12 12:36:48

Ours is at 3.30 Candy. Not going to find out the sex (I think - not sure if I or Dh won't cave at the last minute!) are you? We bought a cotbed and furniture last week as it was on sale and didn't want to miss out. I did feel abit funny about it but Dh is convinced all is ok and we would be silly to pay £150 extra for it in a weeks time!

Glad all went well Mcsquared, lucky you to get another look in a few weeks time too wink

DH ouch, just ouch! I had my legs waxed before I got married (luckly a fwe months as a practice) and every folicle came up in tiny blisters that burst whenever my trousers touched them - it was the most painful thing I ever had done and lasted for about 2 weeks. Have never been near a wax strip since!
Hope the scan is all ok

CandyPop Fri 29-Jun-12 13:33:18

Oohhh lillianna, we're practically having it the same time smile yes we're finding out! Like the idea of calling it a him/her rather than it smile

I've been researching buggys and really love the iCandy strawberry but the who travel system with maxi cosi carseat costs £1k sad

Good luck DH with ur scan today !

ShellyBobbs Fri 29-Jun-12 14:52:01

Catbag Welcome smile

MissMummy It's a beautiful cake twin smile

DH I absolutely love the name Effy for a girl. It's a no goer as hubby just laughs in a WTF way and I don't even know what it's short for smile

No boys names at all, we didn't last time so glad our little Erin popped out!

ShellyBobbs Fri 29-Jun-12 14:53:04

Doh, didn't see page 2 blush .......

MissMummy1 Fri 29-Jun-12 15:29:17

I'm sure Effy is a Scottish girl's name!

daisychain76 Fri 29-Jun-12 15:58:35

I love the name Effy. I wanted to use it if we have a girl (but spelt Effie) but DH is refusing and DM's first reaction was "it sounds like you're swearing" (effing!) I think spelt Effie its short for Josephine or Elizabeth.

ShellyBobbs Fri 29-Jun-12 16:35:09

Yes same reaction re: swearing! Ah, the Scottish connection, could play on that one being half Scottish...............Ooooohhhhh it's growing on me even more now.

capedcrusader25 Fri 29-Jun-12 16:36:23

Effie always makes my DP laugh, it reminds him of Mrs Doubtfire! Had my scan today. Everything is great, my placenta is anterior hence why I can't feel baby much at the moment. Feel great now, really happy. We did find out - I couldn't resist!! X

ShellyBobbs Fri 29-Jun-12 16:37:50

So what is it??????????????????

capedcrusader25 Fri 29-Jun-12 16:52:01

shelly you sound like my mum did smile Well after being convinced it was a boy, its a girl! Well, probably...not 100% n all that but I was very shocked grin

Back from scan, everything looks perfect and she said the blood flow to the placenta looked fine so that's a relief.

Still have the extra growth scans but hopefully they'll just be a good excuse to see her again!

caped yay welcome to team pink woo!

ShellyBobbs Fri 29-Jun-12 17:16:26

Haha, I'm so impatient but strangely didn't find out myself smile

Good news DH, how often do you have to go for growth scans?

capedcrusader25 Fri 29-Jun-12 17:19:03

Aah glad all is well DH grin Well I was pretty sure we wouldn't find out, she didn't even ask. I just had an urge to find out so asked her. Couldn't stop myself! X

This thread is not accepting new messages.