Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in October, living in London... it's going to be an uncomfortable summer...

(30 Posts)
Londonmrss Wed 20-Jun-12 16:02:39

Just wondering if anyone wanted to get involved with a London-based club. I live in East London, am 27 years old and am due on 26th October with my first. Anyone else?

Sastra Wed 20-Jun-12 16:21:26

Hello hello. Currently in East London, though moving sahf in the next few weeks. Due 26th of October with my first (girl!) and I'm 28. Very excited about being in contact with other London mums-to-be.

bettybat Wed 20-Jun-12 18:33:13

Hi! I'm in Beckenham, very near to Crystal Palace/Penge/Dulwich etc - due on October 16th smile

Sastra Wed 20-Jun-12 18:46:03

Oh, hurray Betty. We'll be neighbours grin

EarnestDullard Wed 20-Jun-12 18:54:31

Hi there <waves>. I'm in N. London, due on 6th October with DC2 (already have 2yo DD). Already have a hyoooge bump this time and not looking forward to feeling hot and (more) uncomfortable.

Babygirlpw Wed 20-Jun-12 23:14:47

Hi there. I'm due with my first on the 22nd october. I'm in SW London.

Excited, nervous and every other emotion under the sun!

Londonmrss Thu 21-Jun-12 09:54:10

Hi all! Nice to meet you.

Squeeker Fri 22-Jun-12 09:51:55

Hello to all you pregger ladies!

I'm 28, live in South London (Camberwell/Peckham way) and due on 17th October with my first.

Good to see some other local mums-to-be on this thing...

goodsenseofdirection Sat 23-Jun-12 14:06:36

Hello hello! i'm in east london too, 31 and due on 20 october with my first.

Londonmrss Sat 23-Jun-12 23:38:40

So how are we all? Scans all gone well? Do you know what you're having- mine's a girl (wasn't bothered either way, but very happy to know so we can now refer to her as 'she' rather than 'it'.
Are you all working? I'm still wondering whether or not to take time off during the Olympics as I think it could potentially be a pretty miserable commute on the DLR. Am really hoping to save my holiday for the start of maternity leave though...

ShellWeDance Sun 24-Jun-12 09:14:32

Hi all,

Am also in East London, 33, due with my first, 19th October. Great to find some London Mums!

Sastra Mon 25-Jun-12 17:42:39

Hey Ladies,

Can I ask, how much weight have you gained? I've just weighed myself and an really horrified sad

Londonmrss Tue 26-Jun-12 11:48:37

Hey, not sure how much. At my 16 week appointment I'd only gained about 3lb, I'm guessing I'm up to closer to a stone now. It all seems to be flab though as I still don't have a proper nice bump- just a chubby belly. What about you? Proper bump yet?

Sastra Tue 26-Jun-12 12:08:11

I do have a proper bump now. I think ive just started to look pregnant to those that don't know me (I've looked pregnant since about 17 weeks to friends etc)

ShellWeDance Tue 26-Jun-12 12:35:58

I haven't dared weigh myself but the last couple of weeks I was eating like there was tomorrow so I'm sure it's not going to be pretty!

EarnestDullard Tue 26-Jun-12 16:57:05

I dared to weight myself this morning and sort of wish I hadn't sad Didn't gain anything in the first trimester, but now at 25w I've put on almost 20lbs. I've had a proper bump since about 17w this time; last time it was nearer 20w.

PollyIndia Sun 15-Jul-12 18:28:43

Also east and due 27th sept but suspect baby will be late. Anyone walthamstow or hackney?

Emmiedarling Sun 15-Jul-12 20:16:39

Im in putney, anyone fancy a coffee at some point? I'm 28 weeks and 28 years old! (first baby) xxx

rowingdowntheriver Sun 15-Jul-12 20:21:51

Hi, I'm 25 weeks and due on the 29th Oct. live in Wimbledon and would be happy to meet up if there are others in the SW that are keen

Babygirlpw Sun 15-Jul-12 20:49:07

I'm 26 weeks and in Tooting. I'd be up for meeting!
Hope all your pregnancies are going wellsmile

Sastra Sun 15-Jul-12 20:56:54

Hey all! Well we should sort something out. I'm moving south (gulp) next weekend but after that I'd be up for a meet grin

Babygirlpw Sun 15-Jul-12 21:31:58

Sastra-where are you moving to?

Sastra Sun 15-Jul-12 21:48:44

Sunny Crystal Palace!

Emmiedarling Sun 15-Jul-12 23:47:18

I'm keen i'm keen! Get me off the sofa please!!!

Orenishii Fri 20-Jul-12 08:26:31

Hi all - was BettyBat - due Oct 16, in Beckenham smile

Anyone else feeling a little...OK, this is definitely going to happen? I guess we all must be in the third trimester now, and I've had a week of Braxton Hicks. I've also been very sick, tired and heart burny. Wah!

Things bothering me:

Shouldn't I be going to ante natal classes?
My midwife doesn't seem that concerned about seeing me - I'm still only 27 weeks/almost 28. I guess things don't ramp up until you're in the 30+ weeks?
I really should start the hypnobirthing...
Do I need to start going to things just to meet people? NCT classes seem so expensive just to meet people...

I guess it suddenly feels a bit all real but there's still so long to go - at least a couple of months! The lack of midwife seeing disconcerts me but I don't know what to expect. I am seeing her next Tuesday but I made that appointment. Is this normal?

Anyone up for a meet up in South London? I am slow, waddling, incoherent, feeling suddenly a little bit alone despite having family and DH, but apart from that - really good company! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now