Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 2013 - early days - part 2!

(1000 Posts)

Couldnt fund a second part to our thread! Has anyone else started part 2 somewhere else???

Anyway...

Also sleeping badly!!

Yes, I will get to work on organising our list according to due date and post later!

Re fifty shades, queen, u wont hav to do mych skipping to find the rude bits, they're shagging and spanking on every other page!

Bunny222 Wed 20-Jun-12 21:42:44

Hi all hope youre doing ok. Glad we've got a new thread. Fr those that have been pg before, where is best for maternity jeans/trousers?

Splinters Wed 20-Jun-12 21:49:36

I have various lumps in my boobs that come and go depending on hormones etc and they're lumpy right now, just not BIG. I want MAHOOSIVE TITS!

<runs off cackling at own crudity>

MrsRT Wed 20-Jun-12 21:52:14

I've got itchy nips too! My boobs have gone up 2 cup sizes, DH is loving it but on strict instruction of look but do not touch, they are SO painful! Sorry for the TMI ha!

LoisLame Wed 20-Jun-12 21:55:30

Hi everyone - Hope you all had a good day.

Typed a msg earlier but my phone deleted it angry Haven't read back yet but just wanted to answer Bunny - I had 2 pairs last time so can only speak for them. One pair of under bump early maternity jeans from New Look which were good to begin with but got very uncomfortable very quickly as I got bigger, especially sitting down. My second pair were over the bump carpenter jeans from Mamas and Papas and I loved them --so much I wore them for a good 3 months after giving birth too--And they have a sale on at the moment so a good time to have a quick look.
This time I'm worried I won't find maternity jeans to fit me (size 24), so would appreciate any recommendations.

perfectshadeofgrey Wed 20-Jun-12 21:57:13

Bunny - i got some from gap last time and they were great. Lasted me for ages and looked great. They were kind of skinny preg jeans if you know what i mean smile

Bunny222 Wed 20-Jun-12 22:04:19

thanks Lois and perfect shades - will check those out :-)
mrsRT with you on the itchy nipples, this really isn't a glam game is it?!

Finally, splinters your post really made me laugh! I am a DD cup anyway so terrified as to what size they'll become. DH also on a 'look but don't touch' policy - so sore...!

loveschocolate Wed 20-Jun-12 22:24:23

Showed by bf a photo of my wedding dress today - she commented that it made my boobs look a decent size (I'm normally pretty flat chested) and it was due to an illusion and the way the dress is cut. mmmm. Didn't enlighten her. Stressing in case I put much more weight on in the next week as have put on 7lbs already as the only way to control the nausea is to eat. This may be the end of my size 8 figure :-(

Nausea has been better the last 2 day. Not sure whether to be worried or if I'm just getting better at managing it.......

morecoffeemorecoffee Wed 20-Jun-12 22:31:16

asha great news on your scan! Glad it all went well smile

mollusk I have had a drop in symptoms today aswell. I told Dh I was worried as my symptoms have eased off.

WhosPickleisThatOnion Wed 20-Jun-12 22:35:38

grin splinter sure you will get them!

Itchy nips here too! Driving me mental! Also gone up a cup size already, loving it though as was C cup to start with so not massive. Not letting DH touch either though!

lois I didn't know you could get early maternity jeans and stuff but goog to know, may have to check some out soon as all my normal pants feel really tight when the bloating is at its worst.

When is the wedding loveschocolate?

FidgetPie Wed 20-Jun-12 22:53:19

Hi, i'm also suffering from evening bloating. I'm off work this week and next - am a bit worried it is going to be obvious to colleagues when I go back! That is the main symptom so far - I am tired but as I have a 2YO DD I am often tired!

Me and my DH each told our closest friend today (on the grounds that if I miscarried we would tell them that). So it is starting to feel a bit more real now.

Re maternity clothes I found Next were good and you can order stuff in to any store (the online range is bigger than what stores stock), try it on and then if it doesn't fit they refund you.

fidget I've only told my parents and a couple of close friends on exactly the same grounds as you- if something were to happen they're the people I'd want to know anyway. Thanks for recommending next, will have a look smile

BeanDunne Wed 20-Jun-12 23:09:43

8 of you lovely ladies have joined the facebook thread now we just need the rest of you
here is the link to me and ill add you

morecoffeemorecoffee Wed 20-Jun-12 23:15:43

Have sent you a f/r on facebook bean smile

WhosPickleisThatOnion Wed 20-Jun-12 23:24:54

I really like GAp clothes, if you join their VIP thingy you only need to pass on your email and you get 15 and 30 percent off at different times throughout the year. They have really good sales too, I get jeans for ds there too as he is so skinny most other jeans hang off him.

carries Thu 21-Jun-12 06:12:28

Found you all! Wondered where everyone had gone, I'm a bit slow in realised that 1000 posts are the limit. confused

Caved in & told MIL & SIL - they were round last night. MIL is shock but supportive. SIL was over the moon. She's single with no DC. Her 2 of her friends just had Babies so she is glad to have another nephew/niece. Telling my folks today. As its my 38th birthday it's my birthday present to them.

My main symptoms are near constant period type cramping with needing a poo! Wanting to eat fruit. Tired. Very mild nausea (hope it doesn't get any worse). I was really down yesterday re cramping but as I've no bleeding, trying not to worry.

bean I'll add you later when not on phone smile

carries happy birthday! smile hope you have a lovely day. I think most of us on here have had some cramping and I've had the needing a poo thing too! blush

Major TMI alert ladies but have to ask to here goes... DH and I dtd last night for the first time since my bfp. I seem to have increased sensation 'down there' and it didn't take very long to orgasm blush but then afterwards and still slightly this morning I had quite sore cramping, like af pains. Is this normal or has anyone asked similar? I'd be mortified to ask a doctor this so need advice from you ladies smile

BeanDunne Thu 21-Jun-12 07:07:04

OMG queen i was going to ask the same question. Sensation is great pain afterwards not so much. I think it was mentioned in the earlier thread but just cant remember by who.

eggandbean Thu 21-Jun-12 07:08:06

Oh hello everyone! Confused me having to find a new thread, argh! Like the sound of facebook group... so bean I just search for you and add you as friend for now and then you invite us to a group, is that right?? (off to try and do that now..)

Pinkie29 Thu 21-Jun-12 07:45:38

Queen/bean! That's exactly what happened to me! I had an orgasm in my sleep blush and woke up with this really bad cramp in my uterus! I googled a bit and it's very common so nothing to worry about, I'd imagine it's to do with the increased blood flow and when you orgasm the uterus contract slightly but it's not harmful to our mini residents

WhosPickleisThatOnion Thu 21-Jun-12 07:50:54

I read about the increased blood flow too, don't think it's anything to worry about.

WhosPickleisThatOnion Thu 21-Jun-12 07:51:36

Egg if you look through the thread bean has put a link to herself so you can find her easily.

pinkie & bean glad it's not just me and that it's normal! Phew! Would have hated to have to ask my doctor about it! I guess we can all just enjoy the increased sensations then? But how will we ever go back to 'normal' sex afterwards?! grin

Askja Thu 21-Jun-12 08:38:42

Added myself.

Have completely gone off tea which is a bit drastic as I normally live on it! Need to find something else to drink.....

Bunny222 west mids, pg with DC#1, Due 26th Jan
HulaBoola (Boola for short), Oxfordshire, pg with DC#1, Due Feb 1st
perfectshadeofgrey London, pg with DC#2, Has DD, Due 2nd Feb
MrsRT Bristol, pg wtih DC#1, Due 2nd Feb
Haywire Wales, pg with DC#2, has DD(4), Due 2nd Feb
loveschocolate North Somerset, pg with DC#1, Due 3rd Feb
Askja Manchester, pg with DC#2, has DD(1), Due Feb 3rd
ZanyWany East Midlands, pg woth DC#3, Has DS(11), DD(8) + DSS(5) and DSS(2), Due 8th-15th Feb
CrazySexyCool123 Bristol, pg with DC#1, Due 12th Feb SBC (SlightlyBabyCrazed), Sussex, pg with DC#1, Due 12th Feb
MustBeDueSomeBetterFeet Bedfordshire, pg with DC#1, Due 14th Feb
Pinkie29 East Midlands, pg with DC#1, Due 14th Feb
eggandbean Leeds, pg with DC#1, Due 14th Feb
FlyingSubmarine Suffolk, pg with DC#1, Due 14th Feb
carries Glasgow, pg with DC#3, Has DD(8) and DD(5), Due 14th Feb orangewellies Southeast, pg with DC#3, Has DD(4) and DS(2), Due 15th Feb Queenrollo Lincolnshire pg with DC#2 has DS (6), Due 15th Feb (i think)
DinkyPengiun Newcastle upon Tyne, pg with DC#1, Due 15th Feb
Spottypyjamas Yorkshire, pg with DC#1, Due Feb 15th
morecoffee Cornwall, pg with DC#3, Has DS(6) and DS(4), Due 16th Feb
QueenOfTheDrama Merseyside, pg with DC#1, Due 18th Feb
SomethingWittyNot Kent, pg with DC#2, has DS (21w), Due Feb 19th ish sonics littlemisssnowshine Belfast, pg with DC#2, Has DS(nearly 2), Due 20th Feb
Manchester, pg wtih DC#1, Due 20th Feb BeanDunne (AmazeballsSuperFandango), Ireland, pg with DC#1, Due Feb 21st
crabapplebobbin Manchester, pg with DC#2, Has DD(2), Due 22nd Feb
Splinters Oxfordshire, pg with DC#1, Due 23rd Feb
LoisLame West Midlands, pg with DC#2, Has DD(22m), Due 25th Feb

morecoffeemorecoffee Thu 21-Jun-12 08:39:22

I'm a bit scared about having sex blush I've always completely not wanted it at all in the 1st 3 months << paranoid about ANYTHING causing a mc>> I know this is totally irrational and that its perfectly safe, but as I didn't in my last 2 pregnancies, I'm avoiding it this time. I do remember the increased sensation though.......grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.