Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 2013 - early days - part 2!

(1000 Posts)

Couldnt fund a second part to our thread! Has anyone else started part 2 somewhere else???

Anyway...

Also sleeping badly!!

Yes, I will get to work on organising our list according to due date and post later!

Re fifty shades, queen, u wont hav to do mych skipping to find the rude bits, they're shagging and spanking on every other page!

haloflo Wed 20-Jun-12 12:37:57

Room for another? I was on the March 2011 thread which was fab so wanted to join you guys too. I am 5+1 with DC2, DD1 is 14 months. Due date comes up as 19 Feb.

Although we were TTC it came as a shock as it happened quite quickly and while I'm still breastfeeding (I am convinced I'd need to wean to get pg)

Feeling tired (but that's normal for me as DD wakes at night!) and a bit sick. Boobs are defiantly sore and I keep prodding them to check

I'm really worried something will go wrong so trying to keep busy. I very much doubt ill be able to keep up with this thread but I wanted to pop in. x

MrsRT Wed 20-Jun-12 12:39:49

I'm finding the not drinking hard, before being pregnant I was the first one to be on the wine on a Friday afternoon and having a sneaky cigerette or 10! So it's certainly raising a few eyebrows that I'm having a coke rather than a glass bottle of vino! I'm actually avoiding social situations as people are guessing! Roll on 12 weeks, I feel like I'm in a tangled web of lies at the moment ha ha.

WhosPickleisThatOnion Wed 20-Jun-12 12:42:04

Hi halo I had ds in march 2011 too!

HulaBoola Wed 20-Jun-12 12:44:59

slightly that made me giggle - brilliant! I'm sure you don't look like you need to diet!!

HulaBoola Wed 20-Jun-12 12:47:36

I'm with you MrsRT. Who'd have thought 12 weeks would take so dam long!!

zanywany Wed 20-Jun-12 12:49:18

Welcome newbies

I don't find it hard with regards to what to tell people about not drinking I'm just used to having a glass of wine or 2, or 3 to unwind at the end of the day.

I ended up telling my DC's on Monday which was early but I had confided in one of my closest friend swho teld her dc's shock and so I was really worried that they would spill the beans. My DS (11) took it really badly so full of guilt and worry at the moment. I then had to tell my XH as my DC's wanted to confide in him. Feels so frustrating as I just wanted to get used to the idea, between DP and myself but feel that my hand has been forced.

I know what you mean about worrying about theings going wrong Halo. I will be very relieved when I get my first scan and also once I am at 4 months

queenrollo Wed 20-Jun-12 13:05:26

i'm going to tell DS(6) on friday. He doesn't like babies so I'm not expecting a happy response to be honest.

very dry mouth here to! but had that with DS to.

So sorry dany

That's ok boola, i'll just have to clean my cupboards out or something to get my OCD fix!

My DS is in toddler tantrum hell at the minute, i think we're right in the eye of the storm of lying on ground, yelling, kicking, screaming, hitting, throwing stuff sad Hard to cope while feeling a bit under the weather and preg but hoping to have the worst over and hopefully also have him toilet trained before i get to last trimester and i'm just too massive to be of any real use lol

Mummy needs a lie down now after our busy screaming morning wink zzz - also, new preg symptom - needing to wee ALL the time!!

HulaBoola Wed 20-Jun-12 13:21:33

Littlemiss it sounds like you have your hands full enough! I honestly don't know how I'd go through this if I already had little people. So shattered, so useless. I take my hat off to you all.
I've got the wee thing too!!

haloflo Wed 20-Jun-12 13:21:33

There will be much relief come 12 weeks. Until the next stage of worry begins!

I am telling no one. I might tell me mum a few days before my scan but for my it's a secret which I've blabbed all over MN

Oh no, early waking from naptime, gtg.

morecoffeemorecoffee Wed 20-Jun-12 13:26:12

Welcome halo

zany poor you! I can't believe your friend told het dc. I hope your son's ok. What a difficult position you are in.

rollo good luck telling your son! I have 2 boys aged 6and4 and they have both been banging in about wanting a baby brother or sister for about 2years so I can't wait to tell them! We are going to wait until after the 12wk scan so we have a picture to show them.

Off to see the in laws later! We are not going to say anything though. Want to wait a bit longer!

ive got the wee thing to! really kicked in yesterday!

perfectshadeofgrey Wed 20-Jun-12 14:19:28

WhosPickleisThatOnion and haloflo I also had DD in March last year grin

morecoffeemorecoffee Wed 20-Jun-12 14:25:40

Saw my midwife today. She's lovely and is the same mw I had when expecting dc2. Took bloods and bp. She said I will get a scan through the post. Est dd is 18th Jan due to long cycle! Makes me 9weeks! I wish! Scan should tell us what my actual dates are as I'm pretty sure I'm only 5/6 wks. She said if my scan is quite soon I will get another at 12wks. I won't be seeing her again until I'm 15wks! Ages to wait.

Marking my place for later!

morecoffeemorecoffee Wed 20-Jun-12 14:36:52

Forgot to add above, mw said I will need to see consultant after 12wk scan as I've had 2 previous sections. She said my csection this time will be at 39 wks!

Morecoffee - 39 weeks? Is that a bit later than normal for elcs??

I dont even see GP til next week so goodness knows when i'll see miswife and get a scan envy hopefully soon enough tho!

morecoffeemorecoffee Wed 20-Jun-12 16:10:42

Yes,its normally 38wks. When I had dc2 they made me wait until 40wks!! Will see what the consultant says.....

i wil have to see a consultant to but i really want a VBAC

Hi all, new thread yay! Somehow I think we're going to get through many of these before our due dates! grin

So sorry to hear your sad news dany

littlemiss re the book - I'm only up to chapter 4 but really enjoying it so far!

Off to catch up with the rest of the thread...

we should set up a facebook group. never get full up that way grin

Good idea something - maybe after the 12wk scans once we all start telling people though? Don't want to be outed by facebook!

can create a secret group so that only peple who are in the group can see the post and whos in the group. the group and memebers are not searchable grin am a memeber of a few and i love love them! especially for a good SIL/MIL rant!

yayy just sold my icandy for £280! only need 80 more in the pram fund! grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.