Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

PART 3!! Sept-2012 Baby Bus!! Christmas-and-New-Ye ar-Shaggers-all-aboa rd!

(992 Posts)
TinkerMaloo Thu 14-Jun-12 19:15:50

Cant see another one anywhere on the board and part 2 is full up (finally) so here is part 3! (unless I'm just being a moron and missed it?)

Chat more please ladies, we are too fat and useless to do anything else! ;)

Congratulations Pickles! I'm exactly the same, thought I'd be strict and now am baby-wearing and co-sleeping- they're tiny for such a short time so why not get in all the cuddles you can smile

Pickles77 Fri 21-Sep-12 20:59:37

Hi, my baby arrived 8 days ago at 37+5 and she's an angel.
I have big issues putting her down though. I've gone from a gina ford reading, strict sargent major frazzled pregnant lady, to a co sleeping weepy camera obssessed nhs direct ringing lunatic yummy mummy.
It's the best job in the world.

no I have not taken up drinking

Macaroons Mon 17-Sep-12 14:34:36

congrats to more arrivals, and good luck to those still waiting. the baby will be born when he/she eventually wants to!

since some of us have given birth, and the others are on their way, I've set up the new thread for us September mums under "postnatal" as it's time to move on!!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1564546-September-2012-babies-warmest-welcome

see you all there!

cjbk1 Sun 16-Sep-12 09:26:18

*mums

cjbk1 Sun 16-Sep-12 09:26:05

congratulations to the fresh(er) mum! we'v decided to call bub3 Ava Bluebell and she's been so easy it's like a dream.i did hav a bit of an epic fail last nite tho;was reading kindle while bf'ing to keep self awake for safety, fell asleep dropped kindle(which was dh's birthday present from us blush ) then when woke up stood on it and cracked screen! was very upset and had lots of bad dreams and crying in my sleep sad

stelleyespan Sat 15-Sep-12 12:08:41

Nicola was born at 01:07AM on Wednesday 5th September 2012. Nicola weighs 8lbs 2oz. I will sit on the naughty step for being so slow telling you.

funchum8am Sat 15-Sep-12 10:43:56

Congratulations Rachel and moogs, sounds like you are both doing great (despite terrible first midwife moogs.)

No news here but DH is off to play rugby this afternoon and will no doubt break a bone and have to be taken to a different hospital just as I go into labour or something!

Sorry to hear feeding is tough for some - can you see a bf counsellor or call La Leche League helpline?

Thanks also for sorting the new thread Thali - I can't believe we are moving to post natal, after all this time!!!

Oh my goodness twizzle congrats. I hope you and your dh have got over the shock and your dd will be out of special care soon for home.

Rachel I thought they were expecting you to have a small baby? 7lb7 doesn't sound small to me. Congrats. Pass as much as you can to the other half and try and catch up on some sleep.

That gives me hope moogs as I haven't had any signs whatsoever. Was at a family function last night and if I had one more relative ask me if I was having any twinges I was going to scream. Your original mw sounds like a right bitch. One of my fears is being kept in quite early on (previous cs too) and having to be by myself on a ward in pain with strangers around me. On the other hand don't want to labour too long at home as I do want my scar kept an eye on. Congratulations on your dd and so glad your experinece turned out ok in the end and you got the vbac you were looking for.

MadMonkeys Sat 15-Sep-12 10:01:31

Congratulations moogs!

moogs1000 Sat 15-Sep-12 05:21:28

Hi all. Lots of good news to read about! Hang on in there if u r still waiting...I had absolutely no warning sign before I started in labour, went to bed woke up with cramps and that was it, no mucus plug, waters or anythin.
Went to hospital in early hours after about 3 hours of regular pains at home (download a contraction app, brilliant! )only 2cm but previous csection so kept me in. Put me on ward husband sent out. Not a nice experience being alone and in pain! Coped ok with tens, paracetomol, codeine for about 4 hours, mw wouldnt examine me or let husband in still at this point still!
An hour later I was crying in pain, scared being alone and contractions thick and fast. Finally another mw looked at me (or heard me, lol) and went mad at other mw sayin why isn't she on labour ward, needs more pain relief etc. Wheeled me in a chair to labour ward , while someone dashed to find dh.
I was 7cm at this point, completely lost my head in pain...awful really but only cos dh wasn't allowed in.
Mw I had from Then on was fantastic! Ended up having epidural (amazing, brilliant, can't help thinkin maybe I could have been better if I'd had support throughout though...who knows? )
Dilated really quick after that and baby girl 6lb 5 arrived after 12 hours from first pain to end.
Even though it was awful until had dh and angel of mw, it was all worth it and still can't believe I've done it!
Now its just bf to get through...a whole other story ha ha. Poor, poor nipples.
Sorry for long post. Good luck to all who r due. X

Rachel130690 Sat 15-Sep-12 00:28:38

So good news people. My baby boy arrived tonight at 10.03 pm weighing 7lb 7oz and he's gorgeous. I think we are calling him Herbie Edward but not 100% sure.

Went in yesterday morning 6am to be induced, had pessary at 7ish, had a sweep about 2pm and another pessary last night at 8.20 pm, didn't sleep great but managed a few hours. Was told I'd have my waters broken today and drip but they were busy with c-sections so wasn't told when. Had waters broken at 12.40 and had few pains, Sri started an hour later, no gas and air at this point. I managed to 3.30 before looking g&a, pains got worse and requested diamorphine about 4.15pm, when mw went to get doc to sign it off things got crazy contractions got worse and ended up calling mw back they thought I was fully dialated at this point but was 4-5 cms, doctor came in and they had to turn drip off and doctor preformed some procedure where they take blood from baby's scalp to make sure they okay. Everything came back normal.
I then got my diamorphine after 5 when they seen everything was okay. Things progressed along was in and out of bed whilst being monitored, was told about 9ish I was fully dialated and needed to push. Started by sitting up but then ended up lying down, then baby was pen at 10.03 pm, kicking me in the way out very strange feeling.

He's now out for the count lying on me cause he refuses to lie in own bed. Managed to be induced and everything without an epidural which I'm so happy about. He's gorgeous but heavy smile

Just so happy but I am exhausted and need my sleep sad

Macaroons Fri 14-Sep-12 21:52:59
Macaroons Fri 14-Sep-12 21:46:54

Shall I set one up under the post natal section, given some of us have given birth, and the others are all on their way?

I'm struggling with breast feeding at the moment, my DS always seems to be hungry (a feed every 2-3 hours, each lasting roughly an hour), and when he's hungry he's very aggressive towards my nipple sad it really hurts! Any tips out there? And how often do you feed your baby and for how long? how do you teach your baby to be gentle on the nipples? envy

Good luck to those still waiting for their babies to come out! Will be watching out for more baby news!

Thali34 Fri 14-Sep-12 21:23:48

More baby congrats!!! I refused a sweep today at 41 weeks. We really wanted to give nature a bit more of a chance but hope won't regret it. I think I might be having contractions actually tho not sure if they are the real thing. Have had quite a few twinges over last few days that haven't developed into anything.

Realised we'll soon be at 1000 posts and will need a new thread. Does anyone know how to set up the next one?

Happy weekend labouring and still-expectant and also new mums! smile

Oh and in sweep news, I've been offered one at my 40 week app. Not looking forward to it as midwife is rough with blood tests ouch. DH is on a boys night out tonight - I won't go into labour....will I?

Congrats twizzle you sound great - hope you make a good recovery

Macaroons Fri 14-Sep-12 12:56:07

Congrats twizzle and glad both yourself and your little girl are fine in the end! Must have been scary at the time!!

funchum8am Fri 14-Sep-12 12:10:20

Congratulations twizzle both on the arrival of your little girl and on sounding so magnificently positive about such a difficult experience!

cjbk1 Fri 14-Sep-12 09:13:37

ballroom yes they are and I cldnt have stayed in that ward one more night.....
twizzle what time was she born? mine was born at 11;48(not 50 according to notes) on Monday

Smallgreenone Fri 14-Sep-12 01:07:42

Congratulations twizzle what a trauma you have had, glad you and your little girl are ok though. Hope you recover well and get her home soon xxx

twizzlestix Thu 13-Sep-12 21:50:54

Not posted for a while but baby twizzlestix was born on 10/09/12 at 41+ 2 weighing a little 6lb 10oz

She was born via emergency c-section. It all escalated so fast it had to be done under a general anthestic so neither Mr Twizzle nor I saw our gorgeous girl born but at least she was alive! The birth sounds hideous but truly despite it all, it was fine because she is beautiful and here!

She had wrapped the cord not only around her neck but her arm and shoulder too!!! After a 12hr 'latent' labour (turns out my tricky girl was back to back!)and another 14hrs in 'real' labour at the hospital, we got to 8cm and waters broke to show thick meconium. Her heartrate was so worrying they wanted her out in 25mins hence the GA! My poor DH suffered more than I at that point as I was off my face with pain and gas and air whereas he knew what was going on. He also had to wait outside during the procedure worrying about me and baby sad

She has spent days since birth in special care but is doing very well.

Are they the stingy, blood-thinning injections? Didn't realise you had to do them at home yourself. I suppose I was kept in so long after my cs I didn't need to do them after I was discharged.

Hope it all went well for you today rachel .

I didn't bleed or anything after my sweep - had some fluid type stuff that had a slight pink tinge this morning but it didn't progress to anything. No tightenings. Nothing sad Every now and again have a vague achey, cold feeling in my back but actually feels like the start of a kidney infection which I'll need to keep an eye on as I would be prone to them.

Madmonkeys my friend's lo was sleeping through some nights at a couple of weeks old which I thought was unbelievable. Ff baby. My other friend had a baby one week ago and she is only getting up once a night!! How come mine was never like that? He screamed night and day with colic until he was three months old when it suddenly stopped like magic overnight.

Littlecherublegs Thu 13-Sep-12 10:53:50

I had a sweep yesterday at 40+1 - it was fine actually. Wasnt sure what to expect and was thinking it might hurt more than it did, but it was fine - just a bit uncomfortable and obviously not very nice but if it gets things going then it'll be well worth it!
I was bleeding a bit afterwards (which is normal) and was told it could take 48 hours to take an effect so am hoping tomorrow might be THE day though am not overly hopeful as midwife said although the cervix was softer and thinner, it was closed.
Ah well, time will tell!
Also, I have been booked in for my induction for 22nd if nothing does happen by then so at least that feels like there is a definite light at the end of the tunnel and I know for sure something will happen then if not before! Eek, makes it all seem very real!! smile

MadMonkeys Thu 13-Sep-12 10:23:43

Hey, ladies, less of the descriptions of sweeps, I'm having one on Tues if nothing has happened before! I had DD at 38+3, so I've not experienced a sweep before... I'll be 40+1 next tues so the mw said she might as well do one and see what happens. I kind of feel overdue already, just because DD came early. I've had a few period pain aches and tightenings over the last couple of weeks, but nothing significant.

Congratulations to all of you who have already popped! Hope your little ones are behaving themselves. My 10 week old little niece is already sleeping through - 8-9 hours a night! Incredible. I never really believed such babies exist until now!

Argh, good luck Rachel. You must be so fed up by now!
It was my due date yesterday and still nothing.
Also, I've not had any phone calls or texts asking if anything's happening. Glad I'm not being badgered, but come on! Not even my mum!

Anyway, I've organised a bump photoshoot for Friday, which I'm kind of nervous about, so that means sod's law will kick in and she'll arrive today! [hopeful]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now