Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

PART 3!! Sept-2012 Baby Bus!! Christmas-and-New-Ye ar-Shaggers-all-aboa rd!

(992 Posts)
TinkerMaloo Thu 14-Jun-12 19:15:50

Cant see another one anywhere on the board and part 2 is full up (finally) so here is part 3! (unless I'm just being a moron and missed it?)

Chat more please ladies, we are too fat and useless to do anything else! ;)

MadMonkeys Thu 14-Jun-12 19:43:15

Hello again ladies, well here we are on thread number three and starting or about to start the third trimester, which seems rather fitting!

I'm getting a bit tired these days - anyone else? The gaviscon is still keeping the heartburn at bay, which is annoying DH as he has to put up with me making puking noises every night when I chew those revolting tablets! Anyone else think that time is galloping forward in great big lumps? September doesn't seem too far away now...

funchum8am Thu 14-Jun-12 19:44:17

I know what you mean about the bump comments - lots of people have commented "aren't you getting big?" etc today even though they have seen me all week at work. I don't mind too much but I think it's going to get annoying if they keep saying it over and over again. I am so sorry to hear so many of you are suffering with ankles/backs/SPD/lack of sleep/too much to do....I feel pretty lucky not to be coping with a toddler on top of bump type inconvenience. Still got it all to come one day though (all being well).

cakeladyc Thu 14-Jun-12 19:50:16

Yay new thread! I'm currently sitting on my gym ball waiting for dinner to cook although tbh I really don't feel like it!
funchum one of my closest friends said that to me today, even though I see her a work 5 days out of 7! Weird eh!
Anyhow just popping in, have nice evenings ladies!

I think people see what they want to see when it comes to the size of you. In the space of a week I've had a raised eyebrow when asked of my due date and asked if there's twins in there and a couple of days later my neighbour telling me I'm very neat??

Thanks for the wellwishers - funeral went as well as it possibly could do.

I'll check out that website Loup as dp and I are still thowing around the names. I don't like every single one of his suggestions and him mine. Bonus is he is changing his mind about whether to find out the sex or not as I may well have him convinced to find out now.

Been really getting stuck into getting more bits and pieces now. Today got bed and blankets sorted, tomorrow I'm getting bath support, couple of bottles (just incase even though I'm planning to bf) and some more clothes. Realising I didn't have long to go if this lo makes an appearance as soon as their big brother gave me a kick up the bum to get sorted. Now all I need is a bigger house with another room to put it in grin Unfortunately house hunting isn't as easy to do.

A plus - don't want to speak too soon but pregnancy acne isn't as bad now and seems to be calming down a bit.

Just marking my place so I know where to come...nothing to add at the moment!

We tried the name matching thing tonight and didn't get one name between us!
I only chose 4 and he chose 3.

So I have taken to my lovely spreadsheets and made one up to keep a track of any names we decide to like one day. Just need to figure out how to access it on my phone, it's a cloud thingy I think, and away we go!

I've been very tired these last couple of weeks. I'm slightly low on iron so probably that mixed with interrupted sleep from pelvis pain. Oh, and lugging all this extra weight around all day.
Although the nap I had while supposed to be working earlier helped a lot!

After returning to work last year I was allowed to use the first aid room to express milk. Well, they didn't fit a lock on the door straight away and I ended up replacing the afternoon feed with formula.
I kicked up about it and now there's a lock (better late than never) so am tempted to start using the room for a sneaky nap. It's got a nice bed thing with a pillow, and if you keep still for a few minutes the light turns off!
I could just tell them I'm in the loo! Who would dare question it?!

Pickles77 Fri 15-Jun-12 07:31:52

Can I join your thread please? I'm due September too and I'm getting rather miffed that I'm still not showing sad but not so miffed now that I didn't find out until 21 weeks and I'm impatient and time is flying now!

TinkerMaloo Fri 15-Jun-12 08:41:18

Hi Pickles welcome along for the ride!

(I wish I wasnt showing lol, am bursting out of all my maternity things already!)

Pickles77 Fri 15-Jun-12 09:20:57

Don't make me jealous lol grin

Loup23 Fri 15-Jun-12 09:54:09

Have now tried to post twice and lost it both times angry third and last time lucky....

Thanks for new shiny thread tinker, tried to post on the old one last night before realising we'd reached 1000 and had a small panic! I also see that moronic as I am I have missed an pm from you - sorry blush will respond now!

Welcome pickles sorry can't help, there is no mistaking my bump, wish I could hide it sometimes as feeling increasingly massive. How many weeks are you? I didn't start to really show until 22ish I suppose but since then there's no stopping it and I am in the camp of "please stop telling me how massive I am" now!

We're off to stay with friends for the weekend and haven't seen them since we got pregnant so waiting to be greeted with a "wow, you're massive" from them! But looking forward to having a weekend away and some nice Yorkshire Dales fresh air!

Have decided I'll take fybogel every day for a while now as after hideous experience yesteray (will not burden with tmi) I'm starting o freak out about how painful labour will be blush.

Hope everyone has a good weekend x

Pickles77 Fri 15-Jun-12 10:23:03

Hahaaa all i get is, are you sure you are? Im 25 weeks today!! and im sorry to say i dont feel pregant at all sad Apart from a slight lack of apetite i wouldnt have known, but this is coming from the girl who didnt know until 21 +3!

cakeladyc Fri 15-Jun-12 11:13:55

Pickles I have to ask - how did you not find out until 21 weeks!

flipflopper Fri 15-Jun-12 11:28:40

Hi all!
Hope you are all well, I'm doing ok, getting really tired of work now- 5 weeks to go! Cant wait to have lots of lie ins in auggust!

Ive started to get some aches and pains, think I am starting with sciatica, I keep getting a pain in my lower back and down my right leg.
Also, i keep getting muscle pains under my bump, sort of in my groin, and it takes me ages to get going when I stand up! I feel like an old lady! Does anyone else get this?

I'm looking forward to my 4d scan next thursday, we are taking the children with us too, so hope it will be a good bonding experience! Anyone else having one? macaroons did you say you were having one?

Welcome to pickles77! I am also intrigued to know how you didnt find out you were pg until 21 weeks!? I knew from about 4 weeks, so it really is a long old slog, although time seems to be flying now!

Pickles77 Fri 15-Jun-12 11:39:07

Hi, I'm very intrigued about your 4d scan! Let me know how it goes.
Well I had no symptoms, no weight gain, all my periods. And id only had sex with the xp twice this year, all protected! Very crazy. I worked out I might be about 8 weeks- eventually after a short period in April, so went for my dd scan and got a very big shock. Nice shock now tho smile

TinkerMaloo Fri 15-Jun-12 11:46:45

Wow thats amazing Pickles! I could really go for what would feel like a 20 week pregnancy!
All three times I have known about 2 days after my period was due, this time I think I even knew before my period was due, as breastfeeding DD was making my nipples feel really weird...

Loup Sorry to hear of your Fybogel reliance... My bowels are not my best mate at the mo either! but dont worry, labour doesnt hurt! ;)

Pickles77 Fri 15-Jun-12 12:18:43

Haha in some ways I wish I'd known in others I'm glad I missed it. As
My partner left me I'm only just starting to enjoy my pregnancy and I'm getting impatient now. I think I'm even looking forward to labor <*shudders*>
I'll be a bit bored now too as had to take early maternity sad

It's my first, so please educate me ladies. Like I don't know why fibroygel is?

TinkerMaloo Fri 15-Jun-12 12:21:25

its a lumpy gunky packet of stuff (a bit like wallpaper paste!?) to help you poo... hopefully you wont need it!

Mikyahrose Fri 15-Jun-12 12:32:37

Wow not finding out till 21 weeks - thats pretty amazing.

All is well after my fall yesterday, got a very swollen ankle, but oddly it doesnt hurt too much and i'm managing to walk on it fine. Bumps fine too - can feel him kicking and moving about in there.

I really wanted a 4d scan, but dp wasnt that fussed - in the end we bought an amazing new juicer and agreed that i wouldnt mention the 4d scan again. I think maybe somewhere we have our priorities wrong. The juicer come, soup maker, come ice cream maker come blender is fab, but more money than we're planning on spending on any item of baby stuff. Which, we still need to pull our finger out on and start buying.

I've been so lucky sympton wise - so far everything has gone very smoothly.

I'm loving my bump (sorry girls) and am looking forward to it growing even more! (please feel free to remind me of this in a month or so's time when i'm uncomfortable)

TinkerMaloo Fri 15-Jun-12 13:09:19

Glad all is well Mikyahrose falls are scary!

I think I'm the only one that doesnt want a 4d scan! I dont like the idea of seeing his little face before he is born... (and they are a tad pricey to boot)

I love my bump too smile My friend had an invisible pregnancy and stayed completely flat til she was about 2 weeks from giving birth and has no stretch marks (lucky cow) but she says she would rather have been a great blimp of a thing like me.

I will leave you all in peace now as my delivery has finally arrived so I am going for a sleep (bliss)

Loopyhasanotherbean Fri 15-Jun-12 14:46:58

mainly lurk thesedays, as what with looking after a boisterous 19 month old who has discovered tantrums and is teething, and being nearly 28 weeks pregnant with lots of back/pelvic/sacroiliac pain/spd going on, i don't get to sit down at the laptop for that long - so generally read but don't post....but DS at nursery for a few hours and so making the most of it.

Yes to feeling massive. Was overweight to start with, although i was exactly the same weight as when i fell pregnant with DS, so had actually lost all of previous pregnancy weight. I vowed to try and eat better in this pregnancy so i wouldn't put on too much, and stumbled across a pregnancy weight gain calculator online. For months i hadn't put on enough, so had a blip diet wise a few weeks back and started to eat some crap. And now i can't stop! By next Tues the most i should have put on is 13.1lbs, but i weighed myself today and have put on 16lbs. But i look like i have put on way way more than this, and i swear that i look like i am 9 months pregnant. I just don't get it, as i haven't put on as much as other people i know, and i'm just hoping when i get to the 29 week midwife appt, the fundal measurement is right!!

We shan't have a 4D scan, didn't have one for DS and we always said we'd do the same thing or not, for each child. Things that we did spend money on for DS included merino sleeping bags (which i highly recommend - prevents overheating, led to DS sleeping through overnight, and they come in one size newborn-2 years and can be used all year round, so unlike cheaper bags, you don't need different tog ones and lots of different sizes so actually worked out much cheaper in the long run!) and we also had some professional photos from a woman near us who got our details via the bounty club and is a part of the cherubs scheme. They weren't cheap but we have amazing photos that we will cherish forever, and far better than anything we could have taken ourselves. We don't really need to buy much this time round, have bought some more of the closer to nature bibs, as they were great for keeping milk from running down and causing rashes (but DS's ones have been washed so many times they have lost their softness and the velcro doesn't stick as well so ds2 is getting new ones), size 2 nappies (have lots of all other sizes in the loft from bulk buying earlier in the year), and we need some more spoons that change colour in heat, as DS has chewed his when teething. Other than that, i think the only thing we might buy is a swing, as i think it would be handy to have somewhere slightly high up to put DS2, so that DS1 can't get at him too easily....and hoping it might mean DS2 sleeps better than DS1 ever did - as DS1 would not sleep in the daytime unless he was being held, anytime i put him down he would wake screaming!!! and have heard good things about the swings. But i think thats all we need smile

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Fri 15-Jun-12 15:05:26

Hi everyone, I've only just discovered this thread! Thought it might be a good place to post to save cluttering up the pregnancy board with my inane drivel.

How's everyone feeling? I'm 25+4 and still vomiting, plus I think I have a bug; bleugh!

ladygagoo Fri 15-Jun-12 15:36:08

ahh Happy Birthday to you shoeprincess for yesterday. God isn't it so annoying when people tell you how huge you are...... grrrrrr (although in fairness I know I am looking rather rounded) doesn't mean they should say it though.
I am feeling far more comfortable today though in a new pair of maternity jeans and a new bra.... now in my 5th set of bras! I bet there are still more size changes to come though - gulp, now on 36G when I first started at 34DD.

Thanks for all your engagement congratulations - had to take my ring in to be re-sized, apparently I have tiny fingers so at least there is still one skinny part of me grin I also managed to book our wedding (well the legal civil part) for the 3rd of Aug so lets hope bump behaves nicely and stays in at least until then or it sort of defeats the 'get married before baby arrives' idea. I had to make up a story to DM about an engagement meal on that date so she is free to come to the wedding (we are keeping it a secret) as I really want her and my Pils and DSS to be there. No one else though - hope the rest of the family don't get a bit narked about that blush but we really want to keep this very low key and do a proper wedding next summer.

I keep reading on this thread about who has bought what for the babies.... I still can't quite get my head around prams etc but I did spend my tesco vouchers today and am now the proud owner of 4 jumbo boxes of nappies... no idea where I'll put them but still, it feels a little bit nice to have finally bought something. I might let DSS put one on his teddy (but really so I can have a practice blush)

thanks tinker for sorting out the new thread -I confess I had a mild panic when I saw No2 was full up. You ladies are keeping me sane. Although I start my NCT classes tomorrow so will be nice to meet some RL pregnant ladies. God, I hope I'm not the one with the biggest bump confused

welcome to mexem and pickles and hope your ankle gets better quickly mikyahrose
Have a good weekend all - hope all the bumps behave and you get some nice sleep x

Rachel130690 Fri 15-Jun-12 22:50:16

Welcome pickles.. Glad to hear you feeling more cheery.. I've only just been starting to show over past 3ish weeks.. But feel my bump is def getting bigger n quicker.
Just been catching up on this.. Been looking out all day for a new thread smile

Ds is moving like crazy tonight after a very quiet few days. It's either moving like a mad thing or nothing at all.. No happy medium. Lol tho after speaking to oh mother if my son is like his dad I will be having a demon child.. Could be interesting. Anybody else thinking this?

I bought my pram second hand, it's in fab condition just gonna give it a good scrub when I get into my own house. And got cot bed off the Internet just need to buy mattress. Have a few nappies bought but no clothes. And going by shops and what you need is crazy. Lol

I am considering having a 4d scan, found a place which charges £119 (didn't think it was too bad) but still haven't decided yet. Think it's been ages since 20week scan and I don't think I get another one. So am considering this.

X

HeffalumpsAndWoozles Fri 15-Jun-12 23:09:36

Hi Ladies Ive been a bit absent but tried to keep up with the last thread, hope everyone is well. I'm feeling huge but as this is #2 I've heard that its usual I guess because the muscles are used to it this time and have given up hope of ever returning to original shape but I do love it, having a lovely round but not too mammoth (yet) baby bump makes me feel more body confident than when not pg and trying to dress to cover lumps and bumps!

I had my 20wk scan early at 18 weeks and it feels like such a long time ago, we decided against a 4d one though so guess I'll just have to be patient for a while longer.

Keeping up with 21month DD is becoming difficult, she gets more energetic each day as I get less! Does anyone else with bump and toddler have any survival tips?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now