Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - nearly halfway there!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 13-Jun-12 18:50:03
ValiumQueen Sun 01-Jul-12 11:21:49

MIL and SIL visiting this weekend so been out on the longest grocery shop ever with DD2. Lovely to have quality time with her. Had macdonalds for breakfast.

ValiumQueen Sun 01-Jul-12 11:20:11

Milk eases initially then makes it worse as is an acid apparently. Good old rennies or the like. Get decent stuff on prescription as you will spend a fortune. I always used to drink milk until last week.

ValiumQueen Sun 01-Jul-12 11:18:19

I plan to craft a bit with DD1 while DD2 is at nursery. I need to make an insert for my pram shopping shelf bit as it is metal grid.

My nana has knit a white blanket and is going to do me some cardigans and hats as well. She was just waiting to see if it was a boy or girl first because she didn't want to make everything lemon or white.

Lilliana Sun 01-Jul-12 11:08:35

No crafting here - wish I could knit but I've never got the hang of it. I used to do tapestry though so might follow StuntNun and have a go at one, it would be good to have a project to do over the holidays.

Really hurting last night/this morning sad pelvic pain, heartburn and acid reflux. Any suggestions on easing it? I drank milk which helped but only temporarily.

Passmethecrisps Sun 01-Jul-12 10:38:14

All ours are white so far although I would like to introduce a bit of colour. Seeing as we are not finding out the sex, there won't be any pale blues or pinks. Wouldn't mind reds or dark blues though.

NervousAt20 Sun 01-Jul-12 10:13:09

MIL has made a lovely little cardi in white and hat with booties and will make a pink one too smile

I would love to attempt a patch work quilt but im never very successful at these kind of things sad

Passmethecrisps Sun 01-Jul-12 10:08:58

Hello!

No crafting from me but plenty from the grannies! Have had cardies galore, wee hats and lovely blanket. Wish I had any more skill that way

Lane81 Sun 01-Jul-12 10:00:06

stuntnum I meant.whoops!!!

Lane81 Sun 01-Jul-12 09:59:32

Congrats on finishing work valium must feel great to just be concentrating on your baby.

stuntmum I'm making a quilt and a playmat, and I may knit a toy too. It's going slowly, mainly because I haven't got much free time, but we've got a while! Good luck with it.

StuntNun Sun 01-Jul-12 09:32:19

Come on, we haven't left a thread unfinished yet. Only ten more messages to go. Is anyone making anything for their baby e.g. knitting? I'm attempting a tapestry of Noah's ark but I'm a little worried tha I won't get it finished before the baby arrives. You sew and sew and sew and find you've done about a square centimetre of it!

ValiumQueen Sun 01-Jul-12 07:03:42

We should have a rule that we finish up an old thread first! Grr!

I may well get a single when my double is no longer needed. They are made to last! I am bidding on a carrycot to fit at the moment. Oops!

WestWinger Sat 30-Jun-12 22:09:48

Valium I have a Mountain Buggy single. I absolutely love it - I hope you are thrilled with your double. Very exciting!!

NervousAt20 Sat 30-Jun-12 22:02:36

In case anyone is still left on here, looks like everyone moved to the new thread now and it's about 4 pages in! I just realised lol blush wondered why it was so quite!!

mrswee Sat 30-Jun-12 19:28:22

Wow we are wizzing through the threads!

I was back at work yesterday and it went ok, felt a bit tired but that was it.

DH was working today from 6am, so had DD on my own. Felt good so went out early to the park and to do a little shopping. Then a friend called and we met him and his DS in another park, my friend was helping me a lot with DD, even lifted her into her pram and pushed her and his DS on the swings, coffee, walked home (not too far, 15 mins) in the pouring rain..
was out from 9.30-1.30 and it was too much, I've over done it. Im a bit sore and in bed now, probably won't be abe to go out at all tomorrow, trying not to worry how the hell I am going to handle the rest of my pregnancy.. hoping these are just normal pregnancy aches and I'm worrying over nothing because of all the pain last week. I can't take the risk though!

Completeing on the flat that needs fully restored in 10 days... gah!!

apple congrats on the boy!
missmummy glad you are getting it sorted with the flat and over the enitial shock and horror of having to move!
chunkychicken I would have a homebirth even though my last birth was not ideal. Only I'm not sure what kind of state our new place will be in, really cant be sure it would be ready enough. Instead hoping to be able to use the new birthing centre that is only 6 months old, it's part of the hospital but very unclinical.... still you can't book in, it is referal at the time depending on space and how your labour is going. fingers crossed I can use it! I have a few friends who have down it, all with great sucess, no horror stories at all.
valium glad you've finished up work!

MissMummy1 Sat 30-Jun-12 11:28:56

I got a new angelsounds one as well from ebay. It was £20 including delivery and works fab. Have only used it two or three times as dont want to become neurotic, but it is such a worry-reliever!

Kyzordz Sat 30-Jun-12 11:26:02

Nervousat20 Mine is an angel sounds one, been using it a few weeks now and it has never failed to detect the hb, it's been brilliant. Once the gel runs out baby oil works perfectly, in fact I think it works better tbh! I dont think it was expensive, my sister got it for me for my birthday smile

NervousAt20 Sat 30-Jun-12 11:15:48

I no a few of you ladies on here have dopplers just wondering what kind/where from/what you think of them? Seriously thinking about getting one, felt the little one move a bit last night but would feel much better having a Doppler for reassurance smile thanks

DonnaDoon Sat 30-Jun-12 11:10:10

Big Thankyou to DesperateHousewife21 for the link I got 14 little sachets on face cream today...Lovely.

Chunkychicken Sat 30-Jun-12 10:11:47

Sounds great Valium. Wish I could do some shopping but far too much to do before baby items get priority!!! Let us know how you get on with it... smile

Lilliana Sat 30-Jun-12 10:03:02

Thanks for the fb group, glad I checked as I nearly joined another Nov group and wouldn't have known anyone!

StuntNun Sat 30-Jun-12 09:45:17
ValiumQueen Sat 30-Jun-12 08:35:23

Did I say I bought my pram? Mountain buggy Terrain double. Older version, but new. Being delivered Monday. Chocolate brown. So excited!

And I have now finished work! Shame I had to call the police on my last day after a threatening phone call. Got lovely flowers. So relieved to finish as I am just not keeping well.

Did I say I bought my pram? grin

ShellyBobbs Fri 29-Jun-12 23:56:50

And like they say there Pass, you can start at home and transfer to hospital but not the other way round. I managed the transfer on the backseat of an old banger at 8cm and nearly ripped hubbies head off for stopping at red lights in the middle of the night on quiet streets and bumping me around grin, then there was the parking and walking 1/4 mile to the labour ward. It was awful sad

So much to think about........

Passmethecrisps Fri 29-Jun-12 23:17:49

Funny you should say that shelly as DH and I were just saying this the other day. The hospital is only just a year old and they have virtual tours online of the labour rooms. All looks nice but I have no frame of reference TBH. My only experience of it was when I was sent at 10 weeks to get blood taken. I ended up in maternity triage. In one of the consulting suites a woman was giving birth - she was so close to me I would hear every puff, pant and retch the poor woman. Her exhausted partner came out at one point to a waiting room full of people. At the time I had no idea that this wasn't normal. I was there an hour and was almost in tears I was so overwhelmed (not to mention feeling like a fraud as there one was fully active labour, one lady came in in the early stages and a girl came in for a scan who looked about full term). Midwives kept going in and out of this room and I was thinking, "but someone is in there giving birth - go away!" It was only later that I learned that the labour rooms were full due to a complex birth so they were spilling everywhere. After that experience, I was quite keen never to go back into a hospital again!

The epidural thing chunky was exactly what swayed me. I don't want an epidural but I want to be able to access one if need be.

I have just been on the thread you guys have been talking about - started so well . . . 99% of posts are reasonable and well stated whichever opinion they are stating.

This thread is not accepting new messages.