Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - nearly halfway there!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 13-Jun-12 18:50:03
Evilwater Thu 14-Jun-12 14:11:19

Forgot to add oyster.
Evil

Ooooh is anyone in the Leeds area? Im not, dont know if Id be brave enough to go on it anyway!

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 14-Jun-12 15:23:14

Sorry about your accident Lane must have been a real shocker. Make the most of some enforced feet up time!

Would be great in someone on the thread was a OBEM mummy! Unfortunately I am Berkshire.

mrswee Thu 14-Jun-12 15:50:12

I'm not in the leeds area but I would def go on One born if I was! It would be strange but quite amazing too to be able to re watch the birth of your child.

horseylady Thu 14-Jun-12 16:57:54

Another boy smile

DonnaDoon Thu 14-Jun-12 17:04:58

Oh geez thats lovely Horsey...My scan tomorrow Im not finding out but played a little trick on myself and it went like this " Horsey is due the same day as me and I reckon Im gonna have the same as what Horsey has lol" Congratulations x

horseylady Thu 14-Jun-12 17:14:57

Lol we asked if she could see.....was fairly obvious!!!! He kept covering his face though?!!

Side of the football pitch it is!!! (hopefully he'll still like horses!!)

Chunkychicken Thu 14-Jun-12 17:35:31

Marking my place... have had a whinge on previous thread so don't need to here but hope to be able to post more in the near future. Have bought lovely new curtains for DD & master bedroom, looking forward to decorating the nursery too. Just worried that my NT scan results are lost between houses, only had it done 4 wks ago!!! hmm

NervousAt20 Thu 14-Jun-12 18:03:28

shock hope you and little one are both okay lane!

Hope you're ok lane. It's good that they're keeping a close eye on you.

Evilwater - we've gone for the oyster. I love it. We also liked the iCandy strawberry and bugaboo bee but price wise for what you get the oysters fab. I am tempted by the baby jogger city mini at some point (I like the fold). I've tried to tell DH that the BJCM would be better for my mum getting on and off the bus when he has the baby grin

We're popping to mamas and papas tomorrow afternoon as their sale started today.

I'm not far from Leeds, not going to LGi though. Shall I request to go there? grin blush

rowingdowntheriver Thu 14-Jun-12 19:13:42

Gosh lane that is awful. Hope you are ok now.

I wonder what francesmumsnet posted that broke Mumsnet guidelines?!

There is no way on this earth I would appear on OBEM!! I'd love to be one of those beautifully composed, calm and well presented mothers-to-be but I know in fact that when it comes to it I will be a wailing, sweating, grunting mess. No way do I want anyone to see me like that.

Besides imagine of your work colleagues watch it? They might see your fanny blush

eversomuch Thu 14-Jun-12 19:22:17

Congrats on the boy, Horsey. How exciting!

Hope you're ok, Lane. I once got run down by a cyclist while waiting for a bus. So not pleasant, and a million times less so when pg. Congrats on the preview scan results. smile

Tiago Yay for a (tbc) girl! smile

I said to dh I wouldn't care about total strangers watching me but I'd HATE my family and friends and just people who know me seeing me like that. It's not flattering at all, they don't need riser it it's private!

To see*

Brockle Thu 14-Jun-12 19:43:59

Glad you are ok lanealtho I am well impressed with the cycling (and the horseriding horsey.

The boys love Rex in Manchester Museum daisy and i agree thaat the stuffed animals are creepy. Free museums are the best. Still finishing DS2's cake and trifle - yummy!

the little kicks are becoming firmer but still sporadic. Always reassuring to hear them. Exhausted at the mo so using football as an excuse to go to bed at 8.30!

SwissArmyWife Thu 14-Jun-12 19:58:59

Lane I hope you're ok now, what a horrible experience!

Sophia The gel nail varnish is called Shallac aswell, I only know this because a friend of mine is a nail technician though blush

Horsey Congrats on the baby boy! Have we got a stats list for genders yet?!

As for going on OBEM, I wouldn't do it, but fair play to the women that do!

How big is everyone elses bump, by the way?
I saw my mum today and she said I didn't look very big at all, and would have to look twice to even realise I was pregnant if she didn't know.
I personally think i'm huge for 19 weeks!

tomatoplantproject Thu 14-Jun-12 19:59:40

horsey a boy grin

chunky and lane you poor loves. Ignore the fil - just remember how much you love your new home, and grr to the red light jumper. angry

How exciting to maybe have someone on obem. Am not sure if I'd have the guts to do it but think it would be amazing to have it all properly documented. Am in London so it's not even an option for us.

Chunkychicken Thu 14-Jun-12 20:10:03

Sorry Lane didn't read your post until after mine... Good you're ok x

horseylady Thu 14-Jun-12 20:28:25

Lane hope you're ok! Yes exciting bought my first boy outfit lol

Mother very excited!!!! First thing dh said was ' well have to try for a girl next time' erm let's get this one out the way!!!

Evening everyone,

Have been making myself feel better this week by telling myself that technically at 19 weeks I am half way though....only 1 out of my 4 kids has made it past 38 weeks, so it hopefully makes it half way for me smile

Fair play to those who go on OBEM...I am in the 'not in a million years' camp...! I can't imagine anything worse than having to worry about a film crew being there while I was giving birth! Oh and we don't live in Leeds anyway...

Swissarmy I think my bump is getting quite big now...which makes me think it is a boy, as I seemed to be smaller with both my girls! Only another week and and half to find out though (hopefully!)

ValiumQueen Thu 14-Jun-12 20:47:11

Marking spot for later. Gosh we can talk.

Elizadoesdolittle Thu 14-Jun-12 20:49:12

Congrats horsey wow this thread is really filling up with boy bumps!

Evil I have the quinny and whilst I don't hate it I don't love it either and do wish I looked around at more prams before I bought it. I'm seriously thinking of getting a BJCM this time round. Will prob use the quinny whilst baby is still tiny as I have the carry cot and then use the BJCM when baby gets too big for that.

Lane sorry to hear of your accident. Hope you get well looked after in hospital and recover quickly.

Just spent the day with my friend who is going in for her c section on Tuesday. All being well I will visit her next week and meet her baby. So excited.

Off to Scotland tomorrow to stay with some friends who moved there earlier in the year. They are going to have DD for us for a day/night so me and DH will stay in a hotel near by and have a day in the spa being pampered and wined and dined. Ok perhaps not the wined bit but am looking forward to some R&R.

Elizadoesdolittle Thu 14-Jun-12 20:52:11

Oh and when I told my DH about them looking for people for OBEM he said "thank god we are nowhere near Leeds, that's the sort of shit I can see you signing me up for" and he's so right smile

TheDetective Thu 14-Jun-12 20:52:23

Congratulations Horsey and Tiago!

Lane What a twat! So glad you and baby are fine. They are so well protected in there, but doesn't stop you from worrying!

Horsey I'm already harrassing DP for another baby after this one! I have such a large age gap, I would like to have no more than 3.5 years between this time! And that will be it - no more babies for me! I know you can't guarantee that siblings will get on, but I feel so sorry for DS, as he gets so lonely at times. Not when we are home, but when we go out. He has no one to talk to, or play with. He's great at making friends, but I do feel for him, as I was an only child too. Sometimes I wonder if I grew up before my time as I was always with adults!

Chunky Just ignore FIL. Easier said than done. As long as your DH is on your side, just let him deal with it! It's his father after all!

I'm wondering if I've got something brewing. I've got right sided abdo pain, low down near my groin, a pinky/browny discharge which I'm not sure if its discharge or my urine is that colour... think its discharge though. I've got a banging headache which paracetomol and a 4 hour nap didn't cure. And vomiting. Hmmmmm. I thought it might be a UTI, but I've not had one for years after an operation to dilate my urethra as I had them recurrently. And this isn't typical of a UTI for me. No frequency or pain on going for a start. But if someone came to me with the above symptoms, UTI would be my first guess. But I really don't think it is. <shrugs>

Had to give aquanatal a miss tonight, mainly because I was asleep. But also because I felt like shit.

This thread is not accepting new messages.