Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The Wagon has got plenty of new arrivals, a few more on the way and still waiting for a honk or 2

(494 Posts)
McKayz Sat 09-Jun-12 17:02:13

Here we go a nice new thread!!

Saying a big Wagon Hello to little Aoife. Ses She is beautiful.

Come on Baby McKayz!!!!!

Glad madam is back to wriggling, Kayz. Think this is it for you! Good luck. I had contractions that I wasn't feeling as well. xx

McKayz Mon 18-Jun-12 13:00:06

Owwwwwwwwwwww.

I am not sure this is actually labour but we've been to see the Olympic torch, so stood about for a while and then walked home.

It doesn't feel like contractions but loads of back pain and a bit of pressure. Maybe it she is moving down.

Diege Mon 18-Jun-12 16:39:32

Hey Kayz looking good! Better to have got checked out, don't worry about that. Sounds like things may well be slowly starting. I felt just like you did (pain-wise) and also had reduced movement - had ds2 2 days later. Good luck and keep us up to date with posts wink. No excuse not to if having home birth grin

BBisTitanium Mon 18-Jun-12 17:33:58

I second diege kayz, sounds like the begginings, fingers crossed!

Diege how are you?

Ses how was visit?

Star ginger and tink have you had nice weekends?

Wave to anyone ive missed!

We had a good but knackering end of week and weekend, swimming friday morning then visiting a friend in the afternoon zonked me! Sat we went food shopping and booked our evening venue, we had lunch there too was lovely! But was too knackered to do my cleaning when I got in. For fathers day as well as gifts we took Dp for lunch with his family but it was such a long lunch... Hard work with DS! Then i came home an did the housework rock n roll!!

Today was a work day confused my brain just wouldnt work, and my Dcat left me a mouse this morning, the furry homicidal maniac!!

Am really looking forward to next scan, i am feeling very weird, one minute i am totally convinced somethings wrong as i dont feel sick or tired enough or my boobs dont hurt enough... Other times I'm totally relaxed, and sometimes I dont think about it at all.. Does everyone feel That way? I just wanna go off really! I wish pregnancy wasnt so long!!blush

SESthebrave Mon 18-Jun-12 17:36:18

Kayz - hope you're doing ok and this is the start of things for you smile

Diege - good to hear from you smile

Sorry for not posting much - been busy with MIL & SIL staying but all good. Tomorrow DH is back at work - eek!

SESthebrave Mon 18-Jun-12 17:56:58

Sorry BB just noticed I x-posted with you! Visit went well. They're no trouble and very helpful really! Wish I could say the same about my own mum who was pretty irritating yesterday but hey there's nothing new!

oooh, Kayz, exciting! FX things are moving now!

Oh, BB a mouse would've put me right off if I were pg! I think the NHS should pay for cleaners for pregnant woment. Well done you for cleaning the house! I can't be bothered most of the time and we've only got a 2br flat and I'm not pg!

DS's chicken pox seem to be going and he's been great about it. Not scratching (don't think he actually knows how to scratch - when they bother him, I see him rubbing, bless).Though we had a really awful night last night, with him really unsettled from 12 to about 3:30ish. I was able to doze in between him waking, but by the time I really fell asleep it was about 4:30 and I had to get up at 7 this morning for work. I feel like a zombie! Also my university roommate's husband died of a brain tumor on Friday and she and her daughters have just been on my mind so much. So much of my time sleeping was spent having strange dreams about her. sad

And to top it off - first month using the cbfm, all pretty straightforward, loads of EWCM (rare for me!) shagged like bunnies, great timing, ovulated...and then started spotting pretty much the day after. And still spotting at 6dpo sad. So I'm out this month pretty much before I even started. I'm so angry with my body. The only consolation is that the GP had ordered testing for this month, so the test I took on Friday HAS to show low progesterone if I was spotting already, so maybe they'll agree to sort me out.

Anyway, sorry for the moan. Just feeling a bit depressed lately. <wanders off in search of wine a cup of tea)

BBisTitanium Mon 18-Jun-12 19:21:04

Ses glad visit was good, my own mum has a knack of annoying me if i see her too much too!

Lbot glad DS is ok hope It passes soon and you get to sleep! sad for your friend how awful! sad for spotting too! Hope
Things pick up soon.

Mouse didnt really make my day but i tell myself its love haha! I would love a cleaner, ours is a largeish 3 bed victorian house.. Dp had to help me bless him, and i didnt do my usual floor mop but at least its done for a bit!

McKayz Tue 19-Jun-12 05:04:15

I've just had a show!! No contractions yet though. But DS2 was born 12 hours after my show with him.

I am wondering if I should go put the pool up and get the room ready but I don't want to tempt fate and still be pg next week.

Oooh, Kayz! Personally at 5am, I hope you opted for a bit more rest. Once the boys are at school I would be putting up pool and getting room ready, because hospital said you were contracting the other day.
Are you having to do the school run? Hope everything's going okay.

P.S. I'm all poised to put a shout out on the wagon fb page that there's a live birth happening grin

McKayz Tue 19-Jun-12 09:16:04

I didn't get anymore rest. DS2 got up when he heard me moving about.

The pool is up and I've been in it. It's lovely. I could honestly get rid of a sofa and just lie in the pool forever.

I'm not having much in the way of contractions though. It's been 20 minutes since the last one. So I'm out of the pool and emptying some of the water so I can top it up with hot water if needed.

I'm worried there isn't much room in here though but the MW can decide that when it gets to that point.

Oh, shame for no more rest. Are both boys at school now? Well done you on getting the pool set up. DH is on a late today so has taken DD to soft play (and dropped DS at school) - I am doing chores and glad of any distraction wink

McKayz Tue 19-Jun-12 09:24:42

DS1 is at school. DS2 has Tuesdays off but he disappeared with my mum and has yet to return.

SESthebrave Tue 19-Jun-12 11:17:36

Marking my spot in hope!
Come on baby McKayz smile

tinkcantwaittomove Tue 19-Jun-12 11:47:10

oh kay wink

McKayz Tue 19-Jun-12 12:47:00

Nothing is happening.

SESthebrave Wed 20-Jun-12 04:54:15

Kayz - I've just seen your FB post and i think congratulations are in order smile I'm sure you have better things to do but I need to know more!! Eagerly awaiting an update....!

McKayz Wed 20-Jun-12 04:56:07

Sorry l

McKayz Wed 20-Jun-12 04:57:56

That worked hmm

Rosalie Jean was born at 1:08am. She weighs 9lb 6.5oz so 7lb less than the scan predicted.

The birth was perfect and now I'm trying to work out how to put her down so I can wee and sleep. I'm exhausted.

SESthebrave Wed 20-Jun-12 06:30:25

Brilliant news!!! Congratulations smile
Glad all went smoothly and hope you got your wee and some sleep!
Were you able to phone DH?

BBisTitanium Wed 20-Jun-12 07:05:41

Congrats kayz! Cant wait to hear more when you have recovered a bit! Well done! grinx

tinkcantwaittomove Wed 20-Jun-12 09:46:28

congrats saw on fb she is gorgeous grin

Diege Wed 20-Jun-12 11:10:25

Oh wow Kayz many congratulations grin <off to look at fb>

Oh wow - congratulations Kayz! Fabulous news and what a healthy weight, how can they be so out?!!!
Hope you managed to get some rest and that your Mum and brother are able to help out. Thrilled for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now