Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The Wagon has got plenty of new arrivals, a few more on the way and still waiting for a honk or 2

(494 Posts)
McKayz Sat 09-Jun-12 17:02:13

Here we go a nice new thread!!

Saying a big Wagon Hello to little Aoife. Ses She is beautiful.

Come on Baby McKayz!!!!!

BBisTitanium Thu 14-Jun-12 18:10:17

Hi all!

Diege hope results are good, Glad hols were ok but sadsadsad for 4.55!! Omg!

Ses glad things are going well, hope visits were nice

Kayz sad for no sweep hopefully things will move on by themselves

Today we went to view our potential evening venue... It was horrid and the charges were laughable! So we have secured another for half the cost which is twice as nice (from pics) we are off for a visit next week
Getting excited for the wedding now im working on it grin

Best friend has also managed to take arvo off for next scan as DP working, shes the best grin

Diege - lovely to "see" you on here. Glad all is going well as Mummy to 5, but 4:55!!! All credit to you. What is it with children and sleep on weekends/holidays... They are up with the crack of dawn then, but come term time... We had to wake DS on Mon and Tues! grin that is very early!!! Sorry to hear of hospital tests - hope it all doesn't take too long so worrying is minimised. Will be thinking of you.

BB - yay for better venue - hope it turns out as good as the pictures. Yay for your friend booking time off for your scan - how lovely of her.

Ses - hope MIL and SIL visit is going well. Hopefully your milk coming in will help DD to settle. Glad it is going smoothly so far.

Gruff - lovely to hear from you. Will be thinking of you this weekend - lovely for you that you will be with your DSis.

Kayz - sorry no sweep sad. Hope you have a restful night - if it does go as far as induction date, will DH be back then?

Tink - glad new job is going well. I am sure that it must be difficult to start with when you are trying to concentrate on getting it right, to remember to chat too - I know I would forget. Great that you have your Mum to help while DH is away.

Had DS' consultant appointment today - all clear, yay!!!! gringringrin nothing on MRI and vision is fine, so he just has to go back in 4 months for follow up. Evidently, the nystagmus is causing him no problems at the moment - hope it stays that way grin

McKayz Thu 14-Jun-12 20:55:56

Diege It is great to hear from you!! I hope all the tests go well. Have you been to Whitby again this year?

Star No induction date is 2 days before he should be home. If it does get that far then I think I might see if they can delay it. I'm pleased DS's MRI results are all clear!!

Gruff I hope this weekend goes well for you, it is lovely that you will be spending it with your sister.

BB I hope the other venue is better! We looked at loads and loads.

Ses I hope you're well and little Aoife is still doing well.

I am shattered, I can feel my eyes closing so I might drag myself to bed or I will wake up on the sofa!!

BBisTitanium Thu 14-Jun-12 21:04:58

Star thats my ds too kids eh!

Gruff thinking of you this weekend!

Kayz im enjoying the looking for sure cant wait for tastings woo

Hope you all have fab Fridays smile

Gingerbreadlatte Thu 14-Jun-12 21:29:57

OOh so much chat!

Diege! great to 'see' you here! been ages!
Star- good news on the scan!
Ses- little A sounds so lovely. Hope you are enjoying the early days and not in pain from c-sect
BB- great news telling work! must be a relief
Gruff- sorry you are poorly. I hope this weekend goes ok. Will be thinking of you on Sunday.
Tink- hello!

Off my 20wk scan tomorrow!

been working for what feels like days today so need to turn off
bye for now
x

Gingerbreadlatte Thu 14-Jun-12 21:31:33

KAyz- how can I forget you! grin
HAve a good night of rest!

Diege Thu 14-Jun-12 22:25:31

Oh my goodness GING - 20 weeks already shock. It has indeed been ages grin
KAYZ, yes, have been to Whitby this year and are back again end of August. Happy to meet up then if you fancy it/get the chance?
STAR, great news about the scan smile. We also had the all-clear for Samuel's kidney problem - just waiting to be 'discharged' by the consultant next month.
BB when is the wedding?

McKayz Thu 14-Jun-12 22:41:40

Diege, yeah it would be lovely to see you in Whitby in August.

I was falling asleep downstairs and now can't sleep in bed!

BBisTitanium Fri 15-Jun-12 06:57:36

Morning!

Been awake since 6.30 sad ds still soundo sad

Ginger good luck for the scan how exciting! Hope you feel rested

Diege wedding is 4th May

On that topic can anyone tell me much about wedding dresses? Baby is due 7th Jan and all being well (or rather unwell!) if I have GD they wont allow me to go over... So re the dress gonna try a few soon but if I order end of jan will it be ready and back intime for say mid april to allow for alterations? or does it depend on what you buy? Such a novice ha wink

Gingerbreadlatte Fri 15-Jun-12 11:46:49

HI Everyone

BB- I'd go and talk to some wedding dress shops. I think time depends on what you go for etc. I think end Jan should be fine but worth checking it is feasible.

Back from scan- all good and baby was wriggling around all over the place! No view of any bits so still got no idea re gender fortunately!
Because of the not so small giraffes size, they are now getting me to do blood sugar testing-to track things to ensure GD gets recognised this time. MW I saw thinks I had that last time.

Do you have to test your bloods BB?

Gingerbreadlatte Fri 15-Jun-12 11:50:38

oh and everything is on the big side of normal in terms of measurements.... surely I can't have a baby bigger than 11lbs this time!! shock

McKayz Fri 15-Jun-12 12:32:11

Ginger I'm glad the scan went well. Do you have an inkling to what the gender might be? Did you do any tests with DD? I had to do the GTT with DS2 and it was all clear but he was still 10lb 5oz. Do you think you will be given growth scans? Here over 13lb born at home!!! shock

BB I think Ginger has a good idea about going and talking to some shops.

The boys are having a sleepover at my Mums. They've been promising them a sleepover for ages. So I have decided to just lounge on the sofa, eat crappy food and watch bad daytime tvgrin

BBisTitanium Fri 15-Jun-12 12:47:23

We are back from swimming and im cream crackered.. Back off out in a minute too! Im relieved though as nit felt sick in a few days so was starting to fret!

Glad scan went well ginger, i had two blood tests at booking in not ha any results yet though... Im not feeling the love really as i apparently wont even meet my MW until 18weeks! Im awaiting the diabetes clinic referral to come through for test at 18 weeks (so wont get it for a while) but i think i will have it again as already having wobbles! When is your GTT ginger?

With the 20 week scan if they cant find the sex I presume they are of the tough luck attitude? We want to know this time so im thinking would be just our luck haha grin

Gingerbreadlatte Fri 15-Jun-12 13:14:57

Hi

Kayz- those photos are amazing! 13lbs is pretty big! I've got no inkling of the sex this time. Last time I was convinced DD was a boy so I am probably better off not having a hunch!
The sofa lying sounds good!

I was going to have GTT but because Im still on my PCOS meds (which are diabetic meds) they said it was pointless as drugs won't let the GTT work properly.

So they are monitoring for GD and then will see. I've got growth scans books that I'd rather avoid but will do what i have to do... MW today suggested I couldn't have a home birth with GD.... not sure I was in agreement with that! I think I will have to take all the comments very lightly and worry about the weight later but its hard when its everyone's favourite topic!

I think the effort put into finding the sex at the 20wk scan will vary by hospital. If we'd wanted to know we probably could have as there was no one waiting to go in after us for some reason... Suppose its not the primary reason for the scan so its may bonus if they can see!

tinkcantwaittomove Fri 15-Jun-12 21:20:08

diege - great to hear from you grin
sorry for results!!
ses - all sounds gd at home grin
kay - not long for sweep
ginger - glad scan ok

hi hope i havent missed anyone

all gd here
dh up north till sun aft at brothers stag do my mum is here to have girls as working
got wedding outfit and fasinator plus jewellery sorted just need shoes grin

McKayz Fri 15-Jun-12 21:31:27

Ginger, you know you can tell them to bugger off RE homebirth don't you? Especially as you've done it before with a big baby. If you want to tell them to bugger off of course grin

tinkcantwaittomove Sat 16-Jun-12 13:07:28

smile

McKayz Sun 17-Jun-12 10:45:08

Morning,

I am just popping on to let you know I am about to go to hospital. Baby isn't moving much today and I am feeling pretty worried.

Will hopefully be back in a while to tell you that she had a party once there.

SESthebrave Sun 17-Jun-12 11:13:30

Sorry for the worry Kayz .
Hopefully she is going to have that party once you're there.

BBisTitanium Sun 17-Jun-12 12:16:05

kayz thinking of you

McKayz Sun 17-Jun-12 12:29:13

She is of course now wriggling like a mad woman. I've got to stay on the monitor for a bit but all looks good!

I feel like a bit of an idiot though but never mind.

BBisTitanium Sun 17-Jun-12 15:03:36

Aw kayz brilll news better safe than sorry

McKayz Sun 17-Jun-12 15:08:16

I'm home!!

Apparently I'm having contractions. I can't feel them at all though.

Glad it turned out to be all good Kayz. Better to be safe than sorry. I had same with DD - went in for monitoring on a Friday morning, then had her on the Sunday evening, so you never know...
Hope the rest of the day has been relaxing for you.

tinkcantwaittomove Sun 17-Jun-12 16:58:49

kay - glad all ok good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now