Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The Wagon has got plenty of new arrivals, a few more on the way and still waiting for a honk or 2

(494 Posts)
McKayz Sat 09-Jun-12 17:02:13

Here we go a nice new thread!!

Saying a big Wagon Hello to little Aoife. Ses She is beautiful.

Come on Baby McKayz!!!!!

SecretCermonials Wed 10-Oct-12 21:06:39

Hi all

tink sounds good

kayz eek on silent labour, im having ELCS so baby will be delivered late dec

ginger yay for work being over! Boo for SPD though, mine has kicked in of an evening with some vengence! GTT was yesterday and got the call today - its back sad i sort of guessed it would be from
How ive been feeling! Hopefully I will perk up soon!
Not long for you now although im sure it feels a while away! Ohh i shall get onto te sweepstake and say 26th Oct boy and 8lb 7oz!

Hope you get the birth you want too! Im seeing clinic monday already have a 34 week growth scan booked but i imagine there will be more!

Gingerbreadlatte Wed 10-Oct-12 21:11:10

GBL's sweepstake:
Ginger - Sat 27th Oct. Girl, 9lbs 3oz
Secret- Fri 26th Oct. Boy, 8lb 7oz

Gingerbreadlatte Wed 10-Oct-12 21:12:52

Hi Secret
Sorry the GDM is back but I suppose now you know you can manage it... Hope you start feeling better soon.

Will you elcs be early so as to prevent baby getting to big re diabetes?

McKayz Wed 10-Oct-12 22:14:58

GBL's sweepstake:
Kayz - Mon 29th Oct. Girl, 9lb 5oz

SecretCermonials Thu 11-Oct-12 07:44:01

Hi ginger

Um im not too sure i know last time that they didn't like me going past 38 weeks (got to 38+4) but their growth scans must have been off as ds was only 7lb 3.5oz!! The complication this time will be that 38 weeks puts me on 22nd dec, so not keen to go in then as I dont want to risk ruining christmas (was in 4 days with DS!) so im hoping they will either do me a bit earlier than 38, which I think may be unlikely, or that they will settle for 38+5 which would be the 27th, but im informed it depends how under control the GDM stays! Its a bit of a headache really, but we should know on the 26th nov for sure and I intend to ask for info when im next at the hospital as I think the diabetes team would know?

kayz enjoy london!

pumpkinhellokitty Thu 11-Oct-12 10:42:07

grin

pumpkinhellokitty Thu 11-Oct-12 10:46:47

Ginger grin
Wow not long now
We r moving 5 mins away
Down the rd
wink

Hi secret

grin

Hv done food shop today
Hv my quiet day todaywink

McKayz Fri 12-Oct-12 09:37:31

Ses, if you happen to be lurking do you know if I can use Voltarol pain-eze gel? The packaging says do not use if BF but the woman in the chemist said it was fine. confused

Gingerbreadlatte Fri 12-Oct-12 17:40:08

All systems go for homebirth after my scan and appt yesterday. Baby was head down and the amniotic fluid levels are normal.

The only thing... Current estimated weight was almost 8lbs shock so I've been recommended a sweep at 39 wks. I know scans are known for inaccuracy, lets hope this is the case for this baby !!

Hi everyone and any lurkers.

McKayz Fri 12-Oct-12 17:58:47

That is fab news!!! Don't worry too much about the weight. You've done it before.

SecretCermonials Fri 12-Oct-12 18:29:18

Eek thats fab news ginger grin i wouldnt put much stock in growth scans, mine aaid DS would be at least 9lb he was just over 7!

McKayz Fri 12-Oct-12 18:45:10

DD was going to be at least 10lb and was 9lb 6oz. The first one said over 11lb!!

Gingerbreadlatte Fri 12-Oct-12 21:16:27

Thanks guys. Lots of people seem to say they scan was wrong, with estimate being higher than the actual result!

Fingers crossed. And fingers crossed i get on with it as soon as the pool is up and running etc.

grin

pumpkinhellokitty Fri 12-Oct-12 22:26:11

GBL's sweepstake:
kitty/tink- wed 31st oct girl 8lbs

agree dont worry about weight
my midwife said dd1 was going to be 8lbs she was 6lbs 12 ozs

all gd here i am freezing

received my boden slipper boots today so warm

SESthebrave Sat 13-Oct-12 21:35:42

Sorry for going AWOL - just finding a distinct lack of hours in the day (how will I ever go back to work?!) and spending more time on FB than MN.

GBL's sweepstake:
kitty/tink- wed 31st oct girl 8lbs
Ses - Mon 5th Nov girl 9lb 12oz

Kayz - If it were me,I would use the Voltarol gel. It's not licensed for use when BFing but as long as you're not applying it to your breasts, there's no reason for there to be a problem.
Hope you're enjoying London

Ginger - 37 weeks today? smile Hope you can enjoy your ML and glad the scan was all fine. Is DD staying doing nursery f/t at the moment?

Secret - FX the GDM remains controlled. If I were you I think I'd be going for a post Christmas CS around 27th but not easy to have that much control over it!

Kitty - how are the house viewings going?

Hello to anyone else lurking - Star, LBOT, Diege, Rugby, Gruff ?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really struggling with school applications for DS. We're on the edge of the catchments for all the schools and I'm worried I won't get any of my 3 choices.
DD and DS are both doing well and I'm enjoying my ML even more this time round.

McKayz Sat 13-Oct-12 22:02:03

Ses, my June antenatal thread uses a private FB group instead of MN. It's so much easier to keep up with.

SESthebrave Sat 13-Oct-12 22:26:17

Yes - my May 09 thread moved to FB too as some of them were getting "found" in RL on MN. I do like MN though for webchats, random threads to follow & join in on as well as my few regular threads.

Gingerbreadlatte Sun 14-Oct-12 11:08:57

Hello all.
I'm happy to do more wagon chat via FB closed group. Maybe we will get more lurkers joining in!

I'm really tired this am. Could happily go back to bed for the day!

McKayz Sun 14-Oct-12 11:28:37

Ok I will start chatting over there and see who we can get talking grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now