Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The Wagon has got plenty of new arrivals, a few more on the way and still waiting for a honk or 2

(494 Posts)
McKayz Sat 09-Jun-12 17:02:13

Here we go a nice new thread!!

Saying a big Wagon Hello to little Aoife. Ses She is beautiful.

Come on Baby McKayz!!!!!

tinkcantwaittomove Mon 11-Jun-12 14:49:05

poor u kay!! glad u r having lots of help
hi to everyone else
bloody weather

BBisTitanium Mon 11-Jun-12 17:24:10

Ginger your time will fly by, yes will be ten weeks 2 or so days but tomorrow will be official confirmation of EDD grin eek! I do find symptoms reassuring! Didn't have many with A so yacking up this morning was strangely nice hahaha!

My job is on a permanent construction workshop site, forklifts flying around hiabs moving cabins, my concern is simple things like the water cooler- the bottles weigh a ton!

Im hoping telling goes well but im so unsure hmm better out than in i suppose!

Hope DD settling in ses, and hope pain isn't too bad kayz!

Bet its nice having kids back tink!

Gingerbreadlatte Mon 11-Jun-12 20:26:15

Bb. I know what you mean about those water cooler bottles. Very heavy even when not pregnant!

Ses - hope you've got home safely and DS is enjoying his new sister grin

Hi everyone else. X

SESthebrave Mon 11-Jun-12 21:10:43

Ginger - Yes, got home about 2pm smile
When DH picked DS up from pre-school, he came running in wanting to see DD and asked to give her a cuddle so I sat with them both on the sofa. She was a bit unsettled and he said "It's ok Aoife, I'm Owen. I'm not scary" Awwwwww!!!!

She's due a feed at the moment really but she just wants to sleep so I'll give her another hour and then wake her up. Community MW due tomorrow and after my previous experience with O, I'm dreading the weigh ins and jaundice discussions. I'm expecting her to have lost a bit as my milk's not come in yet and she was a decent size to start with but hopefully I'll have my mind put at rest smile

BB - looking forward to your update tomorrow.

Kayz - thank goodness for your brother!
Ship's deliver made me laugh too!

LBOT - great that you got your egg. I really hope this month is your month!

tink - I agree about the weather! Hope we get some summer at some point!

Gingerbreadlatte Tue 12-Jun-12 07:58:48

grin for being home Ses. A very very cute DS! Thats lovely.

I hope that you had a good night with her.

More rain here today. Getting dull!

Good luck BB for the scan

tinkcantwaittomove Tue 12-Jun-12 10:46:29

hi ses glad u r home they both r so cute grin

wet here again !! have dug out my wellies

McKayz Tue 12-Jun-12 14:36:17

BB I hope your scan goes well! Will be thinking of you.

I've been getting a few irregular pains today. I might get the birth ball out and see if that helps.

BB hope scan goes well.
Ses, your homecoming sounds just adorable :-)
Kayz - how's the birth ball bouncing? Hope the pains are manageable.

McKayz Tue 12-Jun-12 16:09:55

They seem to have completely stopped. I might try clary sage once the boys are in bed.

Gingerbreadlatte Tue 12-Jun-12 16:53:32

Kayz- shame. When is the MW next coming to scare you see you?

BBisTitanium Tue 12-Jun-12 16:54:00

Hi all grin

Eek hope pains are a good sign kayz!

Scan went well another on 28th but the dates agree to private scan grin soooo weird really! Reassuring though! Now just to tell work... So nervous feel like ive sone something wrong..its like some sort of conditioned response!

Oh save the date came today they look gorgeous too!

Hope all is well with everyone, loving the Pics ses life seems perfect for you right now! grin

McKayz Tue 12-Jun-12 16:56:34

I have an appointment on thursday. Very tempted to see if she'll do a sweep. Not the blooming student though. I'm quite scared what would go wrong again!!

BB glad the scan went well!!

DS1 just asked why I have to boss them around grin I am their mother!!

SESthebrave Tue 12-Jun-12 17:40:59

BB - great news about your scan smile What does that make your EDD? Early Jan?

Kayz - hoping for you but the end is so frustrating when you're wondering the whole time if x or y is a sign.

Star - hello! How are things?

All going well here although Aoife hasn't been quite so settled today. Is there a 3day old feeding frenzy?

BBisTitanium Tue 12-Jun-12 18:10:59

Thanks all grin

Telling work tomorrow, dead nervous but at least it will be out of the way! have drafted an email to directly follow a conversation but as I dont know my boss well im nervous!

EDD relates exactly to first scan so 7-1-13, this was doubly reassuring as shows baby is growing too! I think once ive told work I will be able to get a bit more excited smile

Maybe aoife has realise she is out, and likes eating haha!

Oh hello star sorry my phone misses posts! bloody thing

I played a blinder today, we had issue with our home contents insurance, already recieved £55 compo, more issues so today they agreed another £45! Meaning we are technically paying less than £50 for comprehensive contents insurance! Add that to £20 credit secured from vodaphone and im quids in this month! grin i should teach complaint classes!

Well done on your scan BB how did the telling go today?

SES how was Aoife today? More settled? O sounds adorable! Such a sweet boy. How is he dealing now that you're home?

Kayz how are you feeling?

T has the chicken pox sad he's fine in himself, but it's a pain not to be able to go anywhere.

Finished shag week here and am feeling good about this cycle - we DTD more than any other cycle I think and it was all well timed too so fx. Although, I have some spotting today hmm not sure if it's fictional ov spotting, an irritated cervix or just my dodgy hormones sad. Oh well cd19 blood test on Friday so hopefully we can get some answers this cycle anyway.

BBisTitanium Wed 13-Jun-12 18:24:40

Hi LBOT

Hope spotting is good/ nothing, fingers crossed for dtd! Shame about pox but least they are out of the way, DS had them and had a mild time thankfully.

Telling went well boss was so kind, havent heard from HR but feel sp relieved to of told!grin

Ses hope your night was pleasant!

We are going to visit our evening venue tomorrow so DP is off so will all be off for a nice lunch and day together etc smile

SESthebrave Wed 13-Jun-12 19:44:12

LBOT - yay and fx for a good shag week grin
Sorry for T's chicken pox. Hope he doesn't suffer badly.

BB - glad your boss was so lovely. Sounds like a lovely day planned for tomorrow smile

Kayz - how are you doing today?

Managed to get out this morning. DH took me, O and A to Jo Jingles and whilst we were there he went and did the supermarket shopping and then came and picked us up.

Aoife still seems to be on a feeding frenzy but quite content most of the time. Her jaundice looks a lot better to me - not so tanned looking - so hopefully that's an indication that she's feeding well enough. My milk came in yesterday and it caused us a bit of a problem last night as when she woke up, she couldn't latch on which made her a bit cross. I think my boobs were just too solid and swollen. In the end, the only way I could get her to latch was to feed her lying down so she spent the night in bed with us. Although a large part of me loved co-sleeping with O for the first few months, I don't really want to get into that habit again as it meant DH was in the spare room but I guess last night was only one night and we'll see what happens tonight!

MW comes tomorrow for heel prick test, weigh in and to take my dressing off - eek! Then tomorrow evening MIL and SIL arrive to visit until Monday!

McKayz Wed 13-Jun-12 19:51:37

Evening,

LBOT I hope the shagging week has paid off!!! grin Got my fingers and toes crossed for you!! I really hope that T is ok. When the boys had it they were fine just spotty so they really hated being stuck in.

Ses sounds like Aoife is doing brilliantly!!

BB Glad it went well telling your boss.

I feel like rubbish. I think I have stomach bug or something. I have felt bad most of the day. Not too bad now though so maybe it's going.

Not a sign of the baby!

tinkcantwaittomove Wed 13-Jun-12 21:37:53

grin

tinkcantwaittomove Wed 13-Jun-12 21:49:42

Hopefully not long kayz
Wow ses u did well getting out i couldnt walk for ages after having dd1 so sore!!
Glad milk in hopefully she will find it easier as it settles
Bb great news with scan and telling work grin
Hi lbot grr at chicken pox sad
Dd1 at chickenpox aged 3yrs before xmas didnt get out for 10 days!!
Helli to anyone else grin
All gd here had a quiet say with dd2 as her day off from nurserywink enjoyed sun 2 grin
Looking forward to tomorrow if to bstke with my mum grin
Going to dhs brothers wedding in aug so need an outfit
Going to get girls sungats and some bks etc
Mum is here till sun as dh off up north ro brothers stag do
I wirk fri nite, sat nite and all sun mum hvng girls while i workwink
Sure someone asked how work was going dont think i answered blush
All going well getting used to it
After 2 weeks there they said i was too robotic on tills needed to relax and chat more
On sun after 4 weeks said i hv improved dramatically grin
Just need to chat more during transaction
Otherwise everything greatgrin
On 12 wk probation
Hv been on tills and kiosk

GruffaloSoldier Wed 13-Jun-12 22:46:54

Hi all!

Wow tink, sounds like new job is going well. Well done you!

BB - glad work took announcement well smile must feel such a relief to get it out in the open.

Ses - sounds like you're settling into life as a family of 4 nicely!

LBOT - fingers crossed that this month is the one for you!

Kayz - hope your little girl arrives soon for you!

Hello to Star, Ginger, anyone else I have missed!

I am still feeling crappy ill. Have worked at home all week though (I do 2.5 days a week) so I'm done now and have next two days with my boys and I'm hoping I will be better very soon.

DS2 has started weaning off breastfeeding now. The last two nights he has gone to bed without a feed, he is just having one in the morning now. I am going to drop that when he is better from his virus. It feels like the end of an era!

Am going to my sisters house up north this weekend as it's a year on sunday since I lost my mum sad I am glad I will be with my sister though.

McKayz Thu 14-Jun-12 12:34:32

Hello.

I've been to see MW today. No student today!!

MW wouldn't sweep as they aren't allowed before 40 weeks and 1 day!! But she said she would do it next Thursday. But I will be induced on 2nd July. I can't believe they can't do a sweep but can plan inductions.

But all is well. Baby is head down but not engaged.

SESthebrave Thu 14-Jun-12 12:44:15

Kayz - hope you're feeling better today. One day nearer meeting your little girl today!

Gruff - sorry you're suffering. I remember that end of an era feeling when O stopped BF but it actually wasn't too bad. You've done great to get to the stage where he's naturally cutting back.

MW has been here. All fine. Aoife has lost a bit of weight but only about 7.5% of her birth weight so as expected. Now I just need to take her to MW discharge clinic next Wednesday and first HV visit booked for next Thurs. Such a relief and contrast to last time when I was getting visits every other day for what felt like ages!

I couldn't get her to settle in her crib last night so in the end brought her into bed with us. At about 3am, DH suggested transferring her into the crib as she was fast asleep, so he did and she stayed asleep there til just gone 6am.

My mum's popping over this afternoon and then MIL & SIL arrive late this afternoon.

SESthebrave Thu 14-Jun-12 12:47:45

Sorry Kayz , x-posted! Sounds like a good MW visit although frustrating that no sweep yet. At least you know where you stand though.

Diege Thu 14-Jun-12 13:38:21

Arghh, lost long post as pressed send to be greeted by 'mumsnet is offline for a few minutes' angry
SES, I can't believe I missed the birth!!!!! Many, many congratulations. I have caught up via the live thread - you did so well and should be proud of yourself smile. Sounds like things are settling down there - how does it feel to be a family of 4?
GRUFF, hope you feel better soon - will be thinking of you on Sunday xxx
KAYZ wow, not long now! Are you planning on a homebirth again?
BB many congrats on your pregnancy and good luck with the work-telling...been there 5 times grin
LBOT fingers crossed for you - maybe the spotting could be implantation? About the right time?
TINKS wow good for you with the job - good to see it's not affecting your shopping though wink Are you still doing the bettaware too?
All fine here - 5 def my limit I must say - holidays this year were fun but very tiring with ds1 waking on the dot at 4.55am each morning, until the last day hmm. Health-wise had a colposcopy to check on abnormal smear, which seemed fine but now waiting for new smear results as they suspect the abnormal cells might be deeper than the colp can see. Not a massive issue but may mean I need more treatment. Not much cervix left so they have mentioned a hysterectomy shock So now of course I want number 6 grin. Results Tuesday eve so will see!
Love to all xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now