Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - the boringly named fifth thread

(1000 Posts)
Stuntnun Sat 28-Apr-12 11:00:10
Brockle Sat 28-Apr-12 12:12:27

Fifth thread already? Its so hard keeping up!

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Sat 28-Apr-12 12:25:00

ooh tacos. mmm. I had kiddy tea of sausages, chips and beans last night - best meal I've eaten in ages!

jaylee89 Sat 28-Apr-12 12:37:54

just marking my place smile

Marking place. This must be the chattiest antenatal group in mn existence smile

Stuntnun Sat 28-Apr-12 13:25:48

FruitSalad I had kiddy tea last night too - fish fingers for tea last night (invited to dinner by MIL and she was cooking for my two DSs as well) and managed six with lemon juice squirted over for a kind of kiddy/grownup combo. Yum though. I'm glad my nausea is on the way out, still the odd case but nowhere like week 9. I'm making chilli con carne for dinner because this baby seems to like spicy things.

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Sat 28-Apr-12 13:39:24

I love chili normally, but not anymore after an unfortunate vomiting incident. It burnt!

ValiumQueen Sat 28-Apr-12 13:56:50

Marking place.

Marking place as well!

Been chilling out all day on the sofa watching films with DD... <bliss>
Better sort out the kitchen by the time DH comes home from work wink

On the countdown to my scan on Thursday...
this seems to be the longest pregnancy ever...

Marking place. Two words: raining and tired.

Tiago Sat 28-Apr-12 17:15:36

Marks place.

ShellyBobbs Sat 28-Apr-12 18:34:13

Marking my place, I've just posted on t'other one smile

TheDetective Sat 28-Apr-12 19:57:47

I'm having a baby.... I'm having a baby.... I'm having a baby.

OMGGGGGGGGGGG.

<nervous laughter>

Evilwater Sat 28-Apr-12 19:58:43

I have had sausages, with spring onion mash, and salad. All in a lemon dressing.

I think most of us are in the second trimester.

Marking my place
EW

Evilwater Sat 28-Apr-12 20:01:12

I don't know about anyone else, but my energy levels are at bottom. I can't even clean the house in one go,So I'm doing one room at a time.

TheDetective Sat 28-Apr-12 20:02:01

I had homemade chips drowned in vinegar. I was going to have a fried egg, but the small moment earlier today when I thought I wanted one, has passed...

I have lots of cake though. May have some more vinegar. I mean chips.

I have to say, I'm really in to strong flavours as long as I am not going to throw them back up! Spicy, bitter, tangy, acidy, lemony, salty... all get a good reaction!

izzybizzybuzzybees Sat 28-Apr-12 20:15:43

Marking my spot! Any other scottish mums heading to the baby show this weekend?!

10+5 today and noooooo energy at all, have sat on the sofa all afternoon, lazy bum! And we've just ordered Chinese for dinner...can't be bothered to cook at all. Hate feeling like this.

Tomorrow however, we're off to the Crucible! We've got tickets in row B for the match on table 2 which is Ronnie O'Sullivan against Mark Williams, can't wait! Look out for us on the telly, I'll be the knackered looking one in the 2nd row!

DonnaDoon Sat 28-Apr-12 20:35:30

Ooooh Miss...Im wel jel say hi to Ronnie for me mmmmmm and Evil Im loving the sound of spring onion mash smile

TheDetective Sat 28-Apr-12 21:01:13

I did have more vinegar grin

Heartburn now. Surprise surprise!

Victorious03 Sat 28-Apr-12 22:20:00

Marking my place grin

Evilwater Sun 29-Apr-12 04:01:39

I just can't sleep. For some reason the filling drawers, are really working me.
Sleep where you?

Cacacaz Sun 29-Apr-12 06:39:23

Izzy we went to the baby show yesterday, I have to say we were very impressed. Dh wasn't to keen on going to begin with, however he was glad we went. We ended up spending almost 4 hours in total. There are done good bargains to be had, especially if you are planning on buying brand new baby things.

We ordered our pram yesterday grin it was £80 cheaper than the cheapest online deal we could find ( not even eBay could beat their prices) and we also got the cosy toes, which retails at £65, thrown in free! We also saw some lovely 3d castings that can be framed, which I thought was a lovely keepsake ( I'm very sentimental like that, I had my wedding bouquet preserved and framed) so we have paid a deposit, which means we get the castings for the discounted show price, the company was based in Ayrshire and is only 15 mins away from where we live.

I'm now officially in the second trimester too grin

Detective I hope you get some lovely pictures today.

We are going to the pub this afternoon, I'm so relieved I don't have to come up with excuses as to why not drinking, we will be able to shout it from the rooftops, as all our families know. I did get into trouble from my grandad for not telling him sooner
-- he is a nosy git and doesn't like to feel he doesn't know everything that's going on-- he is delighted as this will be his 3rd great grandchild.

nebbo Sun 29-Apr-12 07:37:14

Loving the shiny new thread.
Enjoy your scan today detective
How exciting about the pram caca I can't wait to get one. I've done a bit of online browsing and am after one that will go over the park easily as I need to walk my dog every day. I have big wheels and good suspension in mind?!?
I'm loving my sisters new boyfriend right now, he's a chef and bought over home made sausage rolls last night and home made sticky toffee pudding the night before. I hope she marries him as this is the kind of brother in law I've dreamt of!!

DebussyHead Sun 29-Apr-12 07:54:12

Just marking my place grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.