Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nov 12 babies

(1000 Posts)
Gingerbreadlatte Wed 22-Feb-12 17:30:11

Hello
I had a bfp yesterday. Due 1st Nov. Anyone else due in Nov yet ?

It's dc 2 for me!

HelloBear Wed 22-Feb-12 19:33:51

Me! Got BFP and due 6th nov. Also DC number 2 for me. Very happy, though already feeling tiered and a liitle sick. Not looking forward to the morning/day/night sickness again!

Gingerbreadlatte Wed 22-Feb-12 19:54:43

Hello hellobear!

Congratulations to you! Does it feel real yet? I am still getting used to the idea! Keep forgetting I can't have wine :s

I'm also v tired already! Did have very long day today though!

HelloBear Wed 22-Feb-12 20:03:54

It has taken quite a few days to settle in, though my DH is trying and failing to convince me to not think about it for a good couple of weeks to make sure that it is going to be OK.

Problem is I can not help looking at push chairs, mat clothes, etc, etc.

How old is your LO? My DD is 21 months so it is going to be nice and busy for me.

I know what you mean about wine, also we have some brie in the fridge, I so want some!

Gingerbreadlatte Wed 22-Feb-12 20:29:14

You've known a few days? did you test really early or are my dates totally wrong?... think I better check! confused I tested at 12DPO.....

My DD is 3. Its funny because things have just got so much easier with her...so, here we go again, assuming I get that far...

The brie might be pasteurised? <<hopeful>>

Did you get really bad sickness for the whole pregnancy last time?

HelloBear Wed 22-Feb-12 22:22:01

I tested early! Silly of me really was not due on till tomorrow but got a BFP 2 days ago! I just knew from my symptoms.

HelloBear Wed 22-Feb-12 22:28:22

Hmmm, now questioning my dates! Possibly the 4th not 6th

cherryjam Thu 23-Feb-12 21:20:03

Hello ladies! Congratulations!

I may possibly be able to join you! I did 2 tests today - both extremely faint so not 100% sure if I am or not but will test again in the morning. DTD just under 2 weeks ago so it would be really early - think the due date would be around 7th/8th November.
My DS is 16 months old and am feeling slightly scared!

Gingerbreadlatte Fri 24-Feb-12 07:34:38

Morning!
Welcome cherry! Faint line sounds good. Congratulations smile

Hellobear - how are you today?

I double checked and my date appears to be 1st nov grin

cherryjam Fri 24-Feb-12 08:29:55

Morning all,

I did a ClearBlue digital test and I'm definitely pregnant! It can't be just us 3?!

Gingerbreadlatte Fri 24-Feb-12 19:10:14

Hi great news Cherry !

There must be some more out there!

Calling all Nov 12 ladies? <<shouts loudly >>

grin

HelloBear Fri 24-Feb-12 20:19:26

Where are they? Though maybe it'll mean that the ward is nice and quite in 9 months time ;)

HelloBear Fri 24-Feb-12 20:21:47

All good here, feeling exhausted but don't know if it's pregnancy or bloody work! Feeling really bloated also blush.

Welcome cherry to our very select groupsmile

cherryjam Fri 24-Feb-12 20:28:08

Thank you very much! Ooh a lovely quiet ward would be amazing - do they actually exist?!

Have you managed to get an appointment with your GP yet?

HelloBear Sat 25-Feb-12 15:22:35

Going to make an appointment with GP not next week but week after. Leaving it a little while to make sure that it is really happening, if you know what I mean! A bit anxious about meeting MW as my last one was fab, I loved her! But have moved since so a new one.

How about you guys?

Sent my poor DH to supermarket to get pregnant supplies, i.e biscuits and a drink of ginger.

cherryjam Sat 25-Feb-12 17:07:42

Hey Hellobear - yes know what you mean. Am doing a test everyday to make sure it's not a chemical pregnancy!

Managed to get an appointment on Thursday - have a long list of questions as my first baby was premature - looking to find out about chances of it happening again.

Are you feeling nauseous? Am feeling a little dizzy but no sickness yet - wasn't sick at all last time so wonder if it'll happen this time - I still can't believe it!
If you don't mind me asking - were you guys trying for a while? It took us 5 months and yet somehow still feels shocking!

TheDetective Sat 25-Feb-12 20:40:13

I'm here! Woohoo! Due 6th Nov (26 day cycle) which is 2 days after my birthday! Tested yesterday and got a faint BFP, not enough for me to be convinced as I have had these two months in a row. Did a Clear Blue Digital, which gave me a BFP for sure - 1-2 weeks! I'm 11DPO today!

So happy, this was our 3rd month of trying! And every month I've had faint positives, and then AF appears anyway. So decided to stop using the tests I have in the past and get a CB digital! Fingers crossed this one sticks!

So stats... um...

TheDetective (27) DC2 EDD 06/11/2012

HelloBear Sat 25-Feb-12 20:51:13

Welcome detective I do think CB digitals are worth the money for the peace of mind.

Just realised I am a complete dumb ass and have been using the last day of my period to calculate my EDD instead of the first! So my new EDD is 2 nov!

TheDetective Sat 25-Feb-12 22:12:37

I only got it because Asda had an offer on :D

GTbaby Sun 26-Feb-12 00:55:15

can i join u smile

got my BFP today, still all very surreal.

not sure of my dates yet, however i think its either 31st or october OR first few days of Nov... and i cant see a october thread so thought id join u smile

Not really sure what to do next, done a clear blue test, i'm 2-3 weeks along. My boobs are KILLING me, they are annoyingly big as it is, and hate to think of them getting bigger.

GTbaby [29] DC1 EDD 01/11/12

Little9 Sun 26-Feb-12 09:56:54

Hello ladies. Got my BFP yesterday. grin Had a miscarriage last October - so trying not to get my hopes up just yet. Didn't know until 12 week scan so think I am going to have an early private scan this time, as was horrendous thinking all that time that nothing was wrong only to find it hadn't survived past 7 weeks.

Congratulations to everyone. Looking forward to the journey ahead with you all...fingers crossed!! Not telling friends/family until I know all is well (apart from hubby of course!)

Little9 [38] DC1 EDD 02/11/12

TheDetective Sun 26-Feb-12 10:44:47

Is anyone else just so flippin' excited for the future?!

I was 16 when I had my first, and it is completely different this time! I've waited 10 years for this, as I knew I needed to sort my life out and adding more children was not the right thing to do until I was standing on my own two feet completely. This should have been 3 years ago - but a split with my DS's father at that time, and then being single meant all my carefully laid plans went to pot.

However now, thanks to a wonderful man, my hopes and dreams are being realised. We are in the perfect place to add to our family, and I can't imagine things being better than this.

We are both like little children! Wibbly lips with excitement and happiness! My DP was keen to have children from early in the relationship, but I wanted to enjoy the early years as a couple knowing from experience how things change when a baby comes along. I'm glad we waited til now, it just feels so 'right'.

I already know how loved this baby will be, and through the inevitable torturous first trimester, love and drugs (and my DP being an absolute saint) will get me through. I had terrible hyperemesis first time round - from 5 weeks 6 days til 22 weeks. So I am preparing myself for the worst. Better to be prepared than caught on the hop!

My DS is going to be over the moon too - he has been asking for a sibling for a good few years! He is fantastic with babies and younger children, and for an almost 10 year old, has so much patience and understanding! He's got a real affinity with little ones.

I keep looking longingly in the spare room that I have deliberately kept empty since I moved here 4 years ago, hoping that it would be filled one day! My nursery is already planned in my head!

Its very very early days for me still, but no matter what happens, we'll get through it, and stay strong as a family. I want to get the ball rolling, go and see the local midwife, get my free prescriptions (!) and dental care, get booked at the hospital of my choice. But it would be daft. I'm not even 4 weeks officially!!

I'll give it another 10 days minimum before making an appointment with her. Not that she can tell me anything I don't (or should!) already know - I'm a midwife myself!!

Here is to a happy 9 months and a happy rest of our lives ladies?!

tomatoplantproject Sun 26-Feb-12 16:51:53

Hello ladies
So I'm a little nervous... Got bfp last night when I just knew something was going on, but I've also had the most terrible cramps. We spent the morning getting checked out at the hospital and need to have more tests in a couple of days. No bleeding though which I'm clinging on to. My dh is being very lovely. Not only are we thinking all things baby but we're in the middle of buying a wreck to do up (and we sold our flat/moved to a rented flat whilst we do up the house this weekend) and it would be amazing to be able to plan out the nursery. We just need to get through the next few days before getting truly excited. Congrats to the rest of you!
TPP

cherryjam Sun 26-Feb-12 19:08:58

Congratulations TheDetective and tomatoplantproject!
What a lovely post Thedetective - you sound so thrilled - am already excited for you!
Try not to worry tomatoplantproject - (I know it is easier said than done...)could it be implantation pains?

Hope everyone is well and thinking about names...!!

Cherryjam [31] DC2 EDD 7/11/12

Gingerbreadlatte Sun 26-Feb-12 19:57:29

Hi, congrats to all the new joiners !! Hooray for more people too..

Here are my stats added to the list!

GingerBL [34] DC2 EDD 01/11/12
Cherryjam [31] DC2 EDD 7/11/12

Will read all your posts now !

This thread is not accepting new messages.