Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

periods after pregnancy

(10 Posts)
DefiniteMaybe Sat 22-Sep-12 23:56:39

dd is 13months and mine still haven't returned.

mumnosGOLDisbest Sat 22-Sep-12 23:55:09

8 months and counting smile

AThingInYourLife Sun 11-Mar-12 10:43:15

8 weeks both times!

I was not impressed, although they were lighter for the first few.

Then they got really heavy, heavier than they had ever been before.

Then kind of settled back to their previous pattern.

Stuntnun Sun 11-Mar-12 10:36:03

12 weeks for DS1, 10 weeks for DS2 which really sucked because I was exclusively breastfeeding both times and thought I might have had a bit longer without a visit from AF!

HappyCamel Thu 08-Mar-12 17:57:40

I'm still EBF at 11 months

HappyCamel Thu 08-Mar-12 17:57:09

4 months, slightly lighter than before and straight away! I went on the copper coil at 2 months post partum.

Elpis Thu 08-Mar-12 17:48:34

22 months, but was (and am) still breastfeeding. Couldn't tolerate tampons any more, despite having had a c-section. Took about 8 months to get back into a regular cycle. Now pregnant again.

16 months. More painful.

TinkerMaloo Thu 02-Feb-12 20:35:31

with both my DS and DD exclusive breastfeeding my periods came back at 7 months. (i did start weaning onto simple solids with both at 16 weeks).

No more painful that ever, in fact probably slightly less for me! And tampons never really worked well for me, so i cant help there

Xx

candr Tue 24-Jan-12 15:49:54

Was not sure where to post this but when did people get their period after baby if ebf?, also did you find them more painful than they used to be or not?, how long did you wait before going back to using tampons? cheers as am wondering what to expect as they used to be really painful even though I was on the pill which I am not anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now