Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2012 - it's not just the corks that are a-popping

(996 Posts)
Mulledbee Sun 01-Jan-12 10:42:58

New thread for new babies!

Previous thread at: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1363221-January-2012-Will-any-of-us-deliver-before-Father-Christmas-The-race-is-on?pg=20

Happy new year everyone, not long for those of us that haven't popped yet!

Crosshair Sun 01-Jan-12 10:48:25

Happy new year!

ghosteditor Sun 01-Jan-12 10:53:05

Ooh I posted on the last thread but missed the end and now my post has been eaten!

Bee, sounds like a nice plan for the day! The running sounds great but do wait until your pelvis has settled again post-birth - I was told it would be 3 months before the relaxin hormone leaves your system so it's best to take it slowly at first! PM me if you want any suggestions, but maybe wait to see how you get on with the post-birth haze grin.

ghosteditor Sun 01-Jan-12 10:53:56

Ooh and we did have babies on the last thread after all! Just think - they'll all have arrived by the end of this one grin

Happy New Year all, I like the fact that we're starting a new thread today smile

Congratulations to pink. I can't believe that our little group is actually having babies, where the hell have the last 8 months gone??

My due date is tomorrow, really pleased that I've made it to January, but I'm really done being pregnant now grin

ParsleyandChestnutStuffingLion Sun 01-Jan-12 11:03:53

Hopefully ghost smile otherwise we'll have some very grumpy mummies.

Happy New Year ladies. grin sorry you had such a rubbish night's sleep fish

I fell asleep about 11.50 but then woke up when all the fireworks went off outside. Luckily fell asleep again about 12.30.

I'm now having a leisurely morning watching last night's hootamonay. Bizarrely had a sobbing fit when it got to "midnight" and they all sang auld lang syne.

Weird pregnancy hormones. confused

SlightlyScrambled Sun 01-Jan-12 11:05:35

Happy new year everyone.
Congrats on baby Dennis Pink.

BH are arriving every night for me with varying pain levels. Poor DH gets frantic that I'm in labour. I'm laughing but I hope I do realise when the real ones start!

Got a mw checkup tomorrow. And I'm so glad that Jellybean stayed put until 2012. Issued him/her an eviction notice this morning too.

Anyone having anxiety dreams about the birth though? I keep having ones where they take baby away from me and I'm searching for him.

shonnomanom Sun 01-Jan-12 11:12:55

Happy new year!
Happy new thread!

I fell asleep on the couch about 1230 and was sent to bed. With Df being home he dealt with dd when she woke during the night but I still feel like iv been up half the night.

Wonder how many babies will be born during this thread? Mine hopefully!

Hope everyone has a nice day c

Wormshuffler Sun 01-Jan-12 11:13:44

Thanks for the new thread bee

I was just in the bath and when I used my tummy muscles there was a big weird lump in the middle. It would appear my abbs have separated sad

It feels very odd not having a hangover today, we had a takeaway curry which was lush and I pushed the boat out and had a pint of shandy! If the amount of trumps I dn doing are anything to go by baby is in a jakuzi today a smelly one at that!

Mulledbee Sun 01-Jan-12 11:23:51

Whoops, sorry about the post eating ghost blush

Thanks for the running tip - knowing me, I'd be high on post labour endorphins and try and start the day after, not wise! I think I'll take you up on the offer of running tips once the baby arrives, I've not ran before.

I put 'not long for those of us that haven't popped yet' to try and acknowledge the three arrivals so far. Exciting to think it'll be the rest of us soon! I'm not sure all babies will be here by the end of this one - we're getting through a thread every two / three weeks and I think we'll have the odd Feb baby. Mind you, we might post less when the babies are here so who knows?

Giraffe whilst I feel like I've been pregnant forever, it is odd that I'm 39 weeks today, wow! I'm also glad I made it to Jan.

addictediam Sun 01-Jan-12 11:24:14

Just marking will catch up later.

Happy new year to all

FrillyMilly Sun 01-Jan-12 11:25:53

Happy new year everyone!

I had really strong HBs last night. DH was getting a bit panicky as he had a few drinks. Luckily they eased off as I didn't fancy driving myself! DH ended up on the couch and I fell asleep around 3 until 9. I don't mind new years eve parties but it would be nice if they at least turned the bassy music down after the midnight madness.

I wonder who will have the first 2012 baby?

rednosedreindeerhead Sun 01-Jan-12 11:28:20

Happy New year everyone and good luck with all the babies!! I somehow stayed up til 1.30am and now seem to be slobbed out on the sofa watching bridge on the river kwai with OH....

ghosteditor Sun 01-Jan-12 11:39:34

Bee, not your fault, just took me too long to type wink!

I'm also on board with the strong nightly HBs, and like you all am wondering how I'll just know when the time comes! But I hear we won't be able to avoid knowing when it's real grin

MakesXmasCakesWhenStressed Sun 01-Jan-12 11:53:03

I've started getting all paranoid and sitting on a folded towel when on the sofa as I really don't want to ruin it when/if waters break!

Gah - just had a long nap and feel all fidgetty, think I might drag DH out for a walk waddle and get some fresh air.

CLothes might be good first though....

supadupaturkeystupor Sun 01-Jan-12 12:27:36

very strong HBs here of an evening too sad I don't think i can stand them for too much longer!

Happy new year everyone, think my day might be a short one. I'm knackered. Slept badly.

So I'm grumpy, just ignore me.......

Eurgh really regretting staying up last night now (especially as I then proceeded to throw up most of the night) soooo tired. Wonder if I get away with a nap once dh gets back from work?

Is anyone else absolutely boiling hot?? I just had to abandon a cup of tea in favour of iced water, I am melting hmm

supadupaturkeystupor Sun 01-Jan-12 12:33:53

me too giraffe....roasting last night especially

mulledfishandfrostedlilacs Sun 01-Jan-12 12:34:34

Bluergh,

I just want to hide in a cave for the next 2 weeks. Everything is just too much for me at the moment. As I said we have DH friend and new GF coming and I feel under a lot of pressure to be sparkling and charming because I have never met her before and all I want to do is slob out, not talk to anyone, weep a bit and eat chocolate. DH freind can be a bit intense, he's loud and brash but i'm hoping he'll be on best bheaviour today because I really cant be arsed. DH hasn't even started the dinner yet and were supposed to be eating at 2. Me and DD are prepping veg together while he's in the shower-but he has really really cleaned the house from top to bottom today and it looks nice so I'm very grateful for that. It's taken 2 days buit were back to some semblance of post christmas order now.

Thanks for the new thread Bee smile

mulledfishandfrostedlilacs Sun 01-Jan-12 12:35:37

Oh and giraffe Yes to the hotness. I thought I had a fever last night i was sat naked sweating and slept with both windows wide open on top of the covers. Like bloody august.

Mulledbee Sun 01-Jan-12 12:44:27

Our heating came on completely unnecessarily and at 10, I felt like I was feverish!

Can I have a moment to moan about the alcohol at Christmas and new year situation? I want a glass of wine, fizzy wine, port with soft cheese and maybe even a drambuie or a baileys. That is all.

Nanny01 Sun 01-Jan-12 12:55:04

Pink Congrats on the birth of your little one. By any chance did you have babe at the Royal berks Hospital if so we are probably in the same town.

As for sicknes I had a lovely curry and then threw up this morning much to the disgust of the children on the other side of the bathroom door.

We too are trying to tidy our house up, working our way through each room.

shonnomanom Sun 01-Jan-12 13:14:36

Was planning on taking down the tree today but I'm just too tired. We're just getting ready to head to the inlaws, a nyd tradition. Can see it far enough. So looking forward to collapsing on the couch afterwards with some chocolate.

The weather has been a lot warmer recently which doesn't help. Supposedly we're forecast snow for tommorrow so at least that means the temp will drop.

bee I totally agree with the booze! We celebrated with appletiser and gingerbeer last night - hardcore we are!

MissRee Sun 01-Jan-12 13:15:18

Congratulations Pink!!!

So I'm officially overdue today! Knew it would be a January baby tho wink no HBs here at all... Just a very heavy feeling when walking, groin aches and needing to pee lots. Still have a horrific cold and can't breathe properly so feeling very sorry for myself sad

Happy new year ladies grin

Rx

MakesXmasCakesWhenStressed Sun 01-Jan-12 13:26:02

mmmm. fruit salad. nutrients! hurrah! way too many chocolates and leftovers round here...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now