Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Third trimester here we come! Better start shopping 'cos in February we're popping! Feb 2012 Baby Bus

(956 Posts)
BillComptonstrousers Tue 01-Nov-11 19:18:51

5th thread? I'm lost off with all the chat! Lovely to have a nosy at everyone on facebook, if you haven't been added yet, get yourself on there!

Old thread is here, as you were ladies grin

CoffeeOne Tue 01-Nov-11 19:42:01

Wow, nearly 3rd trimester! Time has started to go very fast! Off to catch up on the old thread...

24+3

marking my place! and nice rhymes, Bill! smile

deardear Tue 01-Nov-11 19:54:21

marking my place! cant believe we have had to have another new thread lol.

24 weeks smile

littlemonkeybix Tue 01-Nov-11 20:21:25

Marking spot girlies!! Still "doing homework" otherwise known as procrastinating!!

Best crack on... Exam tmw (eeeek)

Monkey x (22+3)

good luck for tomorrow monkey!

Xavielli Tue 01-Nov-11 20:37:36

Marking spot. Trying to decide what to get the kids for Christmas, there is so much tat available.

Good luck monkey

babycarmen Tue 01-Nov-11 20:37:40

Oooh new thread yay! smile

Ok ive calmed down a little bit now but im still all excited about having another girl, i cant WAIT to go shopping, eeeeeek! ok il shut up now grin

The scan was amazing, i so recommend getting the 4d scan if you can afford it etc, def worth it! We seen her smiling, yawning, wriggling, was very cute. She had her foot by her face and her toe on her nose grin

We think weve decided on a name, although it will be kept secret til D day, although i MIGHT tell you ladies.. maybe wink

Flu jab tomorrow.. really hoping i dont get ill after it, ive never had one before..

Squiglettsmummy2bx Tue 01-Nov-11 20:41:10

How quick is time going. Pram paid for today thanks to my lovely mumsy & most shopping done now. Started packing my hospital bag too & bags for dc.
Getting my head into Xmas shopping & dds birthday in December & being super organised incase there is snow or I am too fat to do anything later on blush

(25 weeks tomorrow!)

m1nn1em0u5e Tue 01-Nov-11 20:53:35

Just marking my spot!..Ive think I have added you all, sorry if I have missed anybody!..Loving the secret fb group!..Sorry ive not been & introduced myself on it yet, feeling erghh, keep going lightheaded & feeling like I am going to pass out, I actually did last week & cracked my head on the door frame, so im taking it easy, dp is away with work & ive got my 2 little ones to look after. Been off work today & spent the day virtually lay/sat down & feel no better for it..anyway off for an early night

Ooh another pink!..Congratulations baby carmen, I would love a 4d scan, but not sure if we can fit it in between husbands trips away with work!..I enquired & they said 28 weeks is about the best time ish before they get too squashed, Im 28 weeks tomorrow!..& dp isnt back until next Wednesday!..

Squiglettsmummy, ignore!....One word I thing & thats jealous!....Im shamelessly flaunting my pregnancy when im not feeling too exhausted or dizzy!..I have uploaded pics of baby things! Its probably one of the most precious times in our lives so why not be proud!....

Lol @ the lady garden conversations, I dont remember struggling so much in my previous 2 pregnancies....!! Not painted my toes for weeks, I really do need a good pamper, shame ive got no energy! Takes me all my time to just do the essentials & look after ds's & get them to school on time!.. smile

m1nn1em0u5e Tue 01-Nov-11 20:54:20

think*

diedandgonetodevon Tue 01-Nov-11 20:54:23

Just marking my spot on the shiny new thread.

25+5

Squiglettsmummy2bx Tue 01-Nov-11 21:04:54

Thanks m1nn1e, it is definitely the green eyed monster but I love being pregnant & am going to enjoy it til my hearts content.
Sorry to hear about your poor head sad try & take it a little easy but I know with dc that is easier said than done x

Purpletoes Tue 01-Nov-11 21:07:15

Just marking spot in new thread

26 weeks tomorrow.

louby86 Tue 01-Nov-11 21:25:15

Hello! Marking my spot, now been diagnosed with SPD (boooooo), oh well!

Good luck with your exam monkey!

Squiglett - ignore them, they're just jealous of you.

Hope everyone else is ok!

melliebobs Tue 01-Nov-11 21:30:19

Bloomin ECk a new thread allready! Last one didn't last that long! Just marking my place for a time when my eyes can handle the computer screen/phone or ideally both. Night all smile

pinkhollie Tue 01-Nov-11 21:36:16

Hopping on here to mark my spot and from the sounds of it think I need to get some important baby shopping done as at the moment we have 2 sleepsuits and 6 vests and nothing else!
My parents are going to buy the pushchair and the inlaws the cot as soon as I give the go ahead I'm not sure why I'm so scared to buy anything - I must be more superstitious than I thought.

Kayano Tue 01-Nov-11 21:53:29

I am HERE!!!!!!

grin
Nice new thread to fill up with crap interesting mummy to be stoofs blush

woowa Tue 01-Nov-11 21:55:40

Thanks all for the job commiserations. Yes, it wasn't the one God has in mind for us. Just wish he'd show us the one that is!! Still really tired, have barely done anything today (apart from domestic and DD care!!), but still shattered, DH barely slept last night, and I think I missed a fair bit, so lights out now.

Scan number 6 tomorrow, and it's late afternoon which means they'll be running REALLY REALLY late. sigh. sitting about in the bloomin hospital again. Hope littlun is still doing all it's meant to. If i don't appear on here for another couple of days it's because i'm in being induced!!! SURE that won't happen shockargh

27 today!

woowa Tue 01-Nov-11 21:57:40

oh, btw, sure i've said this before, but if you're wondering on buying second hand or new, get second hand! Especially on stuff like cots because, as they have no moving parts, I can't imagine any of them get very battered. I can understand new pushchairs though.

night x

PamBeesly Tue 01-Nov-11 22:08:14

Copied and pasted from the old thread

deardear its a long shot but do you know anyone with a metal detector? I know its huge in the UK and there are clubs in most areas. My freiend lost his wedding ring last year and my husband found it for him within 3 hours, he was delighted thought he'd never get it back. I'd happily oblige and look for it myself but I'm in Ireland. Do think about contacting a local group I'm sure someone would be only too happy to help.

Squiglett How annoting, its a shame people can't keep their judgments to themselves, would they prefer a mum who was disninterested in her baby, sometimes you just can't win. Never mind them and you can alsways use the MN phrase 'I'm sure you didn't mean that to sound as rude as it did' that should get them to be quiet.

My mother has bought a cot for the baby already, she is keeping it at her house, she got a cot, mattress and bumper set for €100 (I think this is good value)

I'm not getting my buggy until January, do any seasoned mothers out there think this is too late? I was thinking it might be cheaper after Xmas but now I think maybe I'm leaving it too late.

QueenFee Tue 01-Nov-11 22:11:39

Also marking my place on the thread.
The funny thing about lady gardening is that I have always just trimmed, but I decided to try the shaved look recently and have found i quite like it. I also keep thinking how much easier to keep clean it is (ponders post birth mess)

Louby re spd I had it dreadfully in pregnancy 2 ended up in a wheelchair. The only reason I could still walk in pregnancy 3 is my lovely Osteopath. This time round I have felt it start but now I know what triggers it I avoid them and if I do feel a bit coming on I do nothing for a few days. Things that trigger it for me : Ironing Hoovering pushing a shopping trolley carrying dcs on hips. Anything that involves a lot of use of my hips I guess. I am wondering whether to call the hosp for some crutches next time I feel it as I can't afford an osteopath this time round.

Baby equipment: I may have to keep the pram I bought as no takers on ebay. However I am growing to like it more. I am using my mums crib again it's a family hairloom it must have had 20 babies in it now. Personally I would put them straight into a cot. My babies slept in their pram downstairs during the day.

littlemonkeybix Tue 01-Nov-11 22:18:19

Ta for all the luck wishes... I'll keep you posted... But not tmw, as I'll be convinced I've failed. Best wait a week or 2 for the results THEN telll you all!!

babycarmen yay team pink... I was gonna post on you "place your bets" that it'd be pink, but I had no time!!

hollie we've hardly bought a bean... I keep meaning to, but not really got round to it!!

Right, showered, fed, hot chocked, moisturised... Can't face more revision... So book and bed smile

Night all x

PDog Tue 01-Nov-11 22:20:22

Just marking place. Off to bed, will catch up tomorrow.

QueenFee Tue 01-Nov-11 22:21:07

Totally agree buy everything second hand.
January is not to late to buy your buggy. As long as you have a car seat to come home from hospital in. The 1st few weeks you don't go out that much anyway.

as for metal detectors I saw a programme on tv where metal detector fanatics help people find things for the fun of it. Hope you find it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now