Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 'We are brooking no arguments whatsoever for an uneventful pregnancy and pain-free birth' thread

(1000 Posts)

Ladies, our previous thread was getting full so here is a lovely new shiny home for us all.

I've put some comfy cushions around and plenty of pregnancy safe snacks and drinks. The Segway park is in the corner over there next to the stack of glittery vom buckets (plenty of extra buckets too for all the newbies).

In the corner over here you'll find our library of leaflets including sections on early pregnancy private scan clinics, pushchairs and car seats.

Hope you all like it very much smile

<Takes up position by the door to welcome everyone in with a tray of mocktails>

jaggythistle Tue 13-Sep-11 17:16:13

<grabs a mock pina colada>

phew, I was panicking earlier when i realised the thread was full, thanks biscuits!

<puts out plate of cheese sandwiches in case anyone wants one, I felt a compulsion to scoff eat 2 today. Don't worry, it's just cheddar grin>

ok, must get back to actually working now...

HidingInTheUndergrowth Tue 13-Sep-11 17:22:43

Phew, well done on the new thread bisuits. I was starting to get twitchy grin

Hello all!

<Eats all food in sight and looks around for more>>

<Does a huge Ocado shop for more supplies>

jenfraggle Tue 13-Sep-11 18:09:07

Hello preggos, I've come to join you smile

<puts out some chocolate rice crispy cakes for people and then goes to check out the room>

Yay - welcome welcome welcome Jen smile

Plumps up a cushion for Jen to make her comfy

<takes a rice crispie cake, and then sneaks a second while no one is looking>

jaggythistle Tue 13-Sep-11 18:14:46

We're all a bit hungry then... grin

jaggythistle Tue 13-Sep-11 18:15:07

hi Jen smile

A bit hungry? I've just been helping DS with his tea, but more along the lines of 'do you mind if Mummy has a bit of your potato?' rather than 'are you OK getting the spaghetti on the fork?'

It was a big portion - I'm not really depriving him...

jaggythistle Tue 13-Sep-11 18:20:33

I am ravenous! No chance of helping DS though as I am evening shift this week. I have stuffed my face and am still hungry. Think I will save some snacks for later though, i'm here till 10.

musicalmrs Tue 13-Sep-11 18:52:26

<Adds some flapjacks to the prenancy safe goodies>

Hurrah, a shiny new home!

Funny tummy and no appetite today, until just now when I smelt DH cooking sausages, and now I'm ravenous!

DH told his boss today about being PG, so it better stick now! She's got two children herself, and had been constantly nagging him about it - his work's quite demanding, but by telling her it ensured he not only has someone to talk to other than me (he gets on wonderfully with her) but that he'll be able to get to all the scans. So, good I suppose, but I can't help but worry!

Back to school tomorrow.. hoping the kids will distract me from all the mad worrying!

Oooooo lovely new thread Biscuits! <admires the decor> <scoffs all remaining rice crispy cakes>

I hope Deny finds us okay, I've been thinking about her all day! Soooooooo many scans this week! Biscuits are you the only 12 week one this week? (Please forgive my baby brain, but exactly which day is your scan again?)

Mock cocktails! Yum! I'll have a sex on the beach thank you - yum!

oooh swiiiit swooooo check out the new digs.
<plonks self and blueberry in a comfy spot, conveniently close to the snack zone>

<remembers manners, and adds almond and raspberry cake, as made by my best buddy yesterday, too good!>

I know - I hope Deny finds us too - I went back to leave a pointer on the old thread but it was totally full up sad I even looked to see if I could delete my last post or something to make space for one to redirect everyone but couldn't.

Hope she's OK <crosses fingers>

It is indeed my 12 week scan this week - Friday is my day - eeek!

So, I'm just doing a scan audit as we have a lot of scans this week I think. Going from the stats thread I get the following:

Tuesday - Deny (moved from Thursday per earlier post) and Calypso (anyone heard from her in a while? Hope everything's ok if you're lurking).

Wednesday - Scarlet

Thursday - Nobody since Deny was moved

Friday - Biscuits

Saturday - Meme

I thought there were more of us this week?

Ooooh strawberry daiquiri mocktail yum. Thanks Biscuits and what a lovely new home you've made for us.

I'm another who's ravenous today. I had the shakes an our or so ago and couldn't eat my apple quick enough. I'm just about to make a spag bol and wishing I'd done it earlier.

Hope you've had a lovely scan Deny looking forward to hearing your update.

I'm getting very twitchy regarding mine tomorrow. Don't think I'll get any sleep tonight. EPU called me this afternoon to see if I could go today instead as they'd had cancellations. I said no as I was on my own with DS and there's no way DH could have made it back in time. I really don't want to go on my own for this one (or any of them).

Me me me!! <jumps up and down excitedly!> I'm on Sat (8 weeks). Sorry I forgot to add it into the stats thread when I booked it. Off to correct this oversight... <scoots off on Segway>

Scream is also having her 8 week scan on Saturday Biscuits

New thread! New thread!

Another one looking forward to deny update over here too. Good luck to everyone else getting scanned this week too.

<hands in Waitrose cake rather than homemade effort as per normal on cake thingies>

Sorry, x-posts Scarlet. Best of luck for tom, I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine. Brook No Argument!!

I don't blame you for sticking to the appt when your DH could make it - I wouldn't like to go on my own either. At the moment I cry every time the Cancer Research UK adverts come on! I dread to think what I'd be like faced with an actual emotional event!

I cried watching David Walliams finish his Thames swim on tv yesterday.

I am sooooo not like this normally.

I'd just remembered Scream too (mind you I had to go back through the old thread looking for exztra scans so not sure I really 'remembered' exactly - sorry Scream blush

So that makes our list

Tuesday - Deny (moved from Thursday per earlier post) and Calypso (anyone heard from her in a while? Hope everything's ok if you're lurking).

Wednesday - Scarlet

Thursday - Nobody since Deny was moved

Friday - Biscuits

Saturday - Meme and Scream

Scarlet Don't blame you at all for not going on your own with DS - I'd try anything not to take DS to a scan - he could be great or he could be a nightmare. And that would be if DH was there too - I have no idea what he'd be up to with all those wires and me having to lay still - I think they'd have to restrain him or something confused. Anyway you want DH there to hold your hand for sure (or if the layout is like where we had our 8 week scan, DH could only hold my foot but it was comforting nonetheless!)

This thread is not accepting new messages.