Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids Volume 4. Over here!!

(1000 Posts)
nickelbabe Sat 27-Aug-11 12:08:18

ooops, got a bit carried away there.....

sign in everyone!
let's hope we get some new graduates on here too!

WingDefence Mon 27-Aug-12 17:13:16

Wow Something, go for it!

That's brilliant!

I have my first midwife appointment! Got fed up of waiting, so just called myself today. Next Monday at 3 smile

WingDefence Tue 28-Aug-12 18:53:10

Fab Frying (or Panto as I just wanted to type)!

I have my booking in apps this Friday. It seems to have come round quickly although the fact I'm only 9 weeks 4 feels like it's draaaaggggging along to 12 weeks/my first scan sad

I'm still working bloomin hard until I get this next document out for consultation on Friday. Then on holiday all next week - hurrah! We're off to Anglesey, have any of you been?

That's awesome!

I would have answered to panto smile

WingDefence Wed 29-Aug-12 09:42:39

Morning all!

After a nice bit if sunshine yesterday it's back to the raaaaaaaaain today. (I wish there was a rain icon.)

DH has taken DS out to the shops and I'm MNing getting on with my work.

What are you all up to today?

Dysgu Wed 29-Aug-12 17:37:27

I am still waiting for midwife to contact me - I guess she will leave it a couple of weeks as I am only 6 weeks now.

I cancelled DD2's booster jab today - I just didn't feel up to it! Of course, as soon as I got off the phone to the clinic, she was all 'oh come on, mummy, I'll have it today!' but I reckon I will leave it until next year sometime (maybe around the same time as this DC has some jabs!)

And we bought school trousers for DD1 and new coats for both girls today so I think I am just about ready for school to start again next week - well, for them - I still have very little idea of what I will wear to go back to school although a pair of trousers from ebay did arrive today.

Keeping busy seems to make me notice the nausea less...

Hope work went well wing
Dysgu that seems strange. Can you not call the midwife directly? I'm seeing the midwife on Monday and i'll be 6 and 2.

Today I was at work and just told everyone i was up duffed. As i work in a call center i wanted them to know why i was constantly running for the bathroom.

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 30-Aug-12 09:02:05

Morning all. Still in bed! DD treated me to a lie in (DS would always sleep til this time given half the chance!)

Proper nausea started yesterday, before I just felt a bit sick if I hadn't eaten, now I feel sick most of the time...am actually grateful because its a sign everything is going ok.

I dreamt last night that I had a scan and I was actually 13+2, I was so disappointed when I woke up this morning smile.

A friend gave me a huge bag of maternity clothes yesterday so I actually have a pair of comfortable jeans to wear without undoing the top button (v. embarrassing when I answered the door to the postman the other day with my pants out blush - yippee!

Got lots of writing to do today. I think I'm going to aim to finish my intro chapter and maybe do a bit of transcribing. Oh. The. Joy.

Hope you have a good day.

WingDefence Thu 30-Aug-12 10:32:16

Morning Guinea! Thanks for the Pampered Chef catalogue - it popped through the post yesterday grin

I'm hoping to get some maternity clothes from my BF on Saturday when we visit her for her DD's 4th birthday. (Which reminds me, I must find the fancy dress knight costume for DS...)

I'm still paranoid about this pg though. I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow and it's still a long time to go before the 'magic' 12 weeks...

WingDefence Thu 30-Aug-12 10:34:24

Oh and as we've only just a few posts to go before this thread fills up, Tiredteddy will you do the honours of starting the next one...?!

Otherwise whoever is next on the stats list can have a go - Manda is that you?

mandasand Thu 30-Aug-12 10:54:45

Hello peeps!

Cor, Guinea I am jealous of your bumper bag of mat clothes! So far I've only bought comfy, non-underwired bras new; everything else has been 2ndhand eBay. But now I've passed the 12wk mark I am contemplating buying some maternity leggings and bits. Overall I've lost 2kg (weirdly, as I've not vomited; think it's just being off food as I used to have a cracking appetite and now I'm feeling a bit meh about eating) so it's only my belly that's got bigger (yay!) Goog luck with the writing today!

Well spotted, wing - we're pretty close to the four-figure mark now! Happy to start next thread, but by rights it's Tired's honour!

All well here. 13 weeks yesterday. Just booked in for my third scan in 5 weeks time (they are going to check out my cervix, what with this being my first birth and twins) and I'm seeing the consultant obstetrician in the high risk clinic next week. That should be interesting. I think I'll always be high risk, being first-birth-with-twins, but interested to see what they think of the other medical stuff - borderline thyroid issues, historic uterine surgery, etc. Other than that, I'm just battling exhaustion and trying to write!

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 30-Aug-12 12:21:44

Is it just me or do you all have moments of being a tearful, weeping mess? I have just been listening to 'By Faith' by Keith and Kristyn Getty and within about 3 30 seconds I was crying into my soup!

Just taking a break from writing for 10 minutes and thought I would listen to some uplifting music. Any other suggestions that are not going to cause me to sob uncontrollably?! grin

WingDefence Thu 30-Aug-12 12:33:05

Oh Guinea you poor thing! I wouldn't have thought that was a tear-jerker but you may well just be in that state where anything is going to make you cry!
So I would definitely not suggest Power of the Cross

Anything faster and more upbeat might help?!

WingDefence Thu 30-Aug-12 12:34:22

And Manda go ahead and start that new thread if Tired doesn't turn up smile

mandasand Thu 30-Aug-12 12:45:25

Oh Guinea I'm a right old mess! I can start sobbing if I laugh too uncontrollably, if DH looks at me in a particularly loving way, if I try to imagine myself breastfeeding two healthy babas at once, if I watch the Olympics/Paralympics ... you name it - my emotions are really close to the surface at the mo!

mandasand Thu 30-Aug-12 12:46:01

PS will keep an eye on numbers and shift us over if Tired doesn't beat me to it!

tiredteddy Thu 30-Aug-12 12:48:16

manda you do the honours of the new thread. I'm still in Iceland not back until late tonight. 20 weeks on Friday though, yay grin will read and catch up when I'm home....

WingDefence Thu 30-Aug-12 12:53:32

Tired - I forgot you were in Iceland! Hope you are having a lovely time smile

20 weeks! I'm jealous envy grin

mandasand Thu 30-Aug-12 13:16:53

wave to tired! hope you are having a fab holiday! will be happy to serve as your deputy...will post link soon. are we to be "Shagged-Out-Viroids-Volume-5" and, if so, what the heck is a viroid?! I've never known! smile

WingDefence Thu 30-Aug-12 13:39:22

I've just searched for 'viroids' and got a few hits in thread titles but I can't find where it originated! And confusingly one of the threads is a JSing TTC thread so perhaps viroids is for undergrads as well as BFP grads?!

confused

I can't think of a wittier title than what you've put Manda... How about Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 - Proving that JSing really does work! smile

mandasand Thu 30-Aug-12 14:00:40

Okay, so I had a little trouble with the URLs (!) but third time lucky and I've managed to do it!

Shiny New Thread! www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1552460-shagged-out-viroids-volume-5-proving-that-JSing-really-does-work

I've popped a note on the JS thread too, directing them over there the minute they get their BFPs!

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 30-Aug-12 15:30:41

At least I'm not the only one Manda! I cry easily at the best of times so I think this has just been exacerbated by the pregnancy hormones.

Am awaiting the arrival of my friend's little girl who is staying over tonight. They are at a wedding reception so I agreed that her and DD could have a sleepover (they are only 2!)

TiredTeddy 20 weeks is a lovely stage of pregnancy, am very excited to get there!

p.s. Manda I am very pleased you are considering BFing 2 babies (I LOVE BFing!)

Right, must get on with work (not even vaguely finished, got pulled on a theoretical tangent and now I'm not sure what my PhD is about again). Wish me luck!

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 30-Aug-12 15:31:15

OK. Figured I'd do the honours (as I'm here!)

This thread is not accepting new messages.