Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

TTC 6 mths+ GRADS THREAD

(994 Posts)

Afternoon.

I thought I'd start a Grads thread for those of us previously on the TTC 6 mths+ thread. I've been lurking on the ttc thread recently to see how everyone is getting on (having only very recently qualified to move off it!) and a few people were saying what a nice idea it would be if there was a grads thread so we don't lose each other.

Anyway, would be lovely to hear from other lovely ladies that were on that thread - or even if you were never on the ttc thread but had a sticky time of it getting your bfp then come and settle down with a decaf cuppa for a chat.

<lays out some freshly baked goodies to tempt people in>

sweetgrouch Thu 03-Apr-14 14:57:50

I hope so too critter

CritterPants Wed 02-Apr-14 21:17:47

Nice work sweet, hope to be rejoining you guys in a few months (fingers crossed)! Waves to other lovely grads. smile

sweetgrouch Wed 02-Apr-14 14:43:40

I started the new thread seeing as this one is just about full.

You can find it here:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2043145-TTC-10-Months-Grads-Thread

Everyone's pregnancies seem to be going by in a flash.

Halfway already for Euro and Free! Lemon in the third trimester!

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Wed 02-Apr-14 12:53:04

Hurrah for a good scan free! I cannot believe you and euro are around the halfway point... But then it seems like no time has passed since my 20 week scan, which is a good 11 weeks ago (it was early, I hasten to add).

Maybe we can upgrade it to the 10+++ grads thread...

eurochick Wed 02-Apr-14 10:33:41

Hurrah for a good check up, sweets. I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and my 20 week scan is in 2 weeks.

We've nearly filled this thread - after the best part of 3 years!

sweetgrouch Tue 01-Apr-14 15:34:55

Hi free, I think I killed the thread. I'm glad your scan went well and I agree with mr. Free that you shouldn't worry. Littlesweets finally started to be back to his cheery little self. You're past the halfway mark! Did you decide to find out the sex?

freedom2011 Tue 01-Apr-14 13:48:32

hello
I am 21 weeks tomorrow. No movement yet. The extra check over-35-lady check on the baby's organs seemed fine but when I read the report it said - not 100% conclusive due to adiposity. I thought this might mean the baby was lying the wrong way. but no, it just means, I am too fat for a proper scan. Nice. MrFree says to not worry. But I have cut back on my sweet treats.

is anyone still here? how is everyone getting on?

sweetgrouch Thu 20-Mar-14 14:52:58

euro - I can understand wanting a surprise. Mr. Grouch and I were just too excited and sick of constantly waiting to wait and be patient.

ele - not sure how I missed that you were sick. I hope you're feeling better now.

free - Glad to hear everything is happening right according to schedule. Every confirmation was reassuring to us.

Little sweets had his first vaccines and 2 month appointment this week - turns out he's already the size of a four month old blush. He has been a bit clingier than usual since, anyone know how long the post-vaccine grumpiness usually lasts?

freedom2011 Thu 20-Mar-14 14:10:20

euro thanks for asking, the heart is still beating. growth is normal. all seems well and according to plan for 19 weeks and 1/2 days.
I am very relieved and celebrated by sending emails letting 5 old friends know and cracking open a box of celebration chocolates without waiting for MrFree to get home to share

Next regular check up is in 5 weeks and 1 day but before that I have to do some more prenatal tests to check on the heart due to me being 36.

eurochick Thu 20-Mar-14 12:23:01

free I hope the check up went well. I'm not sure I will ever stop getting nervous about these things.

buzz it's great that baby bee is chunking up. smile

Sweet I want a surprise, so I hope not. Mr euro would find out but says I get to win on this one, having been through so much!

Buzzybee123 Wed 19-Mar-14 22:01:35

sweet That is what I thought, sorry I probably didn't read it correctly grin

freedom2011 Wed 19-Mar-14 12:01:55

eurochick so glad to read all is well. I have been even more silent than usual due to visitors who are gone now. I have my next scan tomorrow. I should be at 19weeks 1 day. Still feel nothing but looking noticeably rounder in the tummy area. If I don't hold myself in you can't mistake it. Yoga and pilates classes are going well. I'm nervous about the check up tomorrow and trying to think positive thoughts.

buzzy excellent to hear of babybee's progress. a bonny baby - how lovely.

ele get well soon.

sweetgrouch Wed 19-Mar-14 00:42:49

buzz - little sweets is 2 months and a few days. I was typing in a hurry and wasn't clear smile. I was thinking 16 weeks for Euro's pregnancy. I think him and babybee are really close in age.

Buzzybee123 Tue 18-Mar-14 20:47:08

sweet I cannot believe he is 16 weeks already, she hardly has any hair now

sweetgrouch Tue 18-Mar-14 19:11:02

euro - Baby sweets used to actively swim away from the doppler too. He still hates having his heart monitored - he taps now on the stethoscope. 16 weeks already! Will you find out the sex at the 20 week scan?

Buzzy - Glad babybee is a little chunky monkey now, it's nice she's doing so well. I keep waiting for mini-sweets newborn mullet to fall out hmm.

Buzzybee123 Tue 18-Mar-14 17:50:04

I was happier with my private scan than the NHS one, she was more thorough, I felt the NHS one was rushed, she was finished in 20 minutes hmm

she is gaining weight like there is no tomorrow so is now a chunky monkey grin sadly her lovely soft hair is falling out so i'm sure she'll look like kojak in a few more days

eurochick Tue 18-Mar-14 15:39:04

We're sticking with the FMC as they have been good so far and I figure it's easier than trying to mix NHS and private care. It's booked for 15 April, so less than a month off!

How is babybee doing?

Buzzybee123 Tue 18-Mar-14 14:12:34

euro wow not long till your 20 week scan, will that be NHS or private?? I pretty much had both, are you finding out what you are having, BB didn't like being poked about by the MW or dopplers smile

eurochick Tue 18-Mar-14 13:39:53

ele that sounds like an awful bug. I hope it is out of your system now.

mrsm my midwife said I probably could feel movements now, but was not recognising them as movements, and that people second time around say they feel them earlier but are really recognising them earlier. Interesting!

I'm 16 weeks now and had my mw check yesterday. All seems to be well and I heard the heartbeat (after a bit of searching about!). We could also hear swooshes that my mw identified as limb movements although I couldn't feel them. I don't think centime likes ultrasounds or the doppler - he/she looks like he/she is trying to bat them away!

mrsmellow Wed 12-Mar-14 09:30:12

Movement - I was feeling it from 16 weeks, I know because the I felt it during a scan and could see babyM moving on the screen - without that confirmation, I wouldn't have known thats what it was - makes me wonder if later pregnancies feel it earlier because they know what to feel? It is so amazing when you can feel baby kick, I missed it and my bump for ages after the baby was here - so odd!

I also spent most of the baby massage classes breastfeeding. Also baby sensory classes cuddling a sleeping baby. Most of those classes in the first wee while are definitely for our benefit rather than the baby's benefit!

ele sorry to hear about illness in your house - it is so miserable isn't it!
sar sorry to hear about stressful kidney watching, fingers crossed for positive outcome.

mrsmellow Wed 12-Mar-14 09:26:33

Hello all,
I'm so sorry we dropped off the planet, its just been hectic with illness and starting back at work. Poor babyM has had a series of horrible high fever viral illnesses, it feels like good week/bad week for about the last 6 weeks. That, coupled with starting back at work, getting all the viruses as well and trying to sort out a routine has been exhausting!
All the chat about fat and weight gain is interesting - I piled on the weight in the first 16 weeks (beige food is a life saver!), but then barely gained any at all after that in comparison. I think I put on a couple of stone in total. I'm now 2kg over my ideal weight (but probably weigh what I did for the few months pre pregnancy, clomid etc is not kind to your body!), but I can't shift those last few kg - I've heard that when I stop breast feeding it will go, so I'm not worrying about it. I am back in pre pregnancy clothes though. I walk LOTS and run at the weekends when MrM can have babyM - very nice me time!
I'm sorry I'm not name checking, but I've missed so much! I know there has been chat about breastfeeding (so hard to establish! and now my little monkey won't take bottles and I can't get him to stop hmm )
Chat about bolshy babies - they are cheeky monkeys!
At 8 months post baby I'm now starting to wonder when to start trying again - it took so long the first time and I'm not getting any younger and don't think I have the luxury of 'timing' it like so many of my friends.

Eletheomel Sat 08-Mar-14 21:38:02

sar that's great news about baby sars kidneys, sorry for not mentioning this earlier, think my last post must have x posted with your update.

Well, my week got worse illness wise, after DS1 picked up a horrible tummy bug - he passed it onto me, so I spent the whole of thursday night (until 6am friday morning) going to the loo every hour or so - it was horrible - I honestly can't remember the last time I felt so ill for so long- coulnd't sleep at all, and felt awful the next day.

My tummy still doesn't feel right, but that might be a good thing as I'm hoping to start my diet class on monday night so going in there with an off-colour appetite might help me!

buzzy I remember taking DS1 to baby massage and for the first few weeks, I think ended up spending most of the class bfeeding him! I'm sure I spent more time massaging the 'dummy' baby they had in the class rather than massaging my own baby (the class was at 10am and DS1 used to sleep then, so if he didn't take a feed he snoozed!) I used to be very jealous of a couple of other women there whose babies seemed angelic every visit (and really used to lap it up). I was never asked to leave the class though (your teacher is maybe a bit precious???)

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend (proper sunshine today - it was great (even if all I did was look at it through the window!)

eurochick Fri 07-Mar-14 13:37:55

sar that's great news.

Ele I hope the better weather helps recovery all round!

buzz euw at the poorly timed poosplosion!

I can't wait to feel movement. I hope it will make it all feel more real.

freedom2011 Fri 07-Mar-14 09:38:26

sar what a relief about mini-sar's kidneys. so glad to hear it.

Buzzybee123 Thu 06-Mar-14 17:51:28

sar great news about baby sars kidneys grin

euro I didn't really feel movement till about 21 weeks, I too like eleput other things down to wind grin I found the breathlessness got worse later on in the pregnancy, bending down cut of my air supply

ele sorry about the boys not being well, its hard when you can't get out, a change of scenery makes a big difference

sea yeah tooth brushing was tough, it did get better as time went on

teu I hope mini teu is feeling better

Well we went round to one of the NCT girls house today when BB managed to do one of the biggest and runniest poos ever. Took me ages to clean her up blush baby massage tutor has suggested we try the next class in a few weeks, BB and a couple of other babies like to cause trouble scream the place down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now