Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TTC 6 mths+ GRADS THREAD

(994 Posts)

Afternoon.

I thought I'd start a Grads thread for those of us previously on the TTC 6 mths+ thread. I've been lurking on the ttc thread recently to see how everyone is getting on (having only very recently qualified to move off it!) and a few people were saying what a nice idea it would be if there was a grads thread so we don't lose each other.

Anyway, would be lovely to hear from other lovely ladies that were on that thread - or even if you were never on the ttc thread but had a sticky time of it getting your bfp then come and settle down with a decaf cuppa for a chat.

<lays out some freshly baked goodies to tempt people in>

Oooh Kitty Congratulations!!!

izzybizzybuzzybees Mon 16-Apr-12 20:20:53

Yay fatima you found us!

I know the feeling re the Nov thread, its so so busy!!

How are you doing? How many weeks are you now?

Every time I post something it seems to get lost in all the regular people posts grin

I'm good thanks, how are you?

I'm 8+3 and god i'm feeling fat today. I have a right belly on me, had to have my jeans unbuttoned all day at work.
Had a scan at 7+0 and the fish was measuring 7+2 so it's looking good, although last night I had two separate dreams that i'd miscarried sad

Had an appointment with the midwife at 5 weeks and she sent off my scan form but i'm yet to hear anything. I have my booking in appointment on friday when i'll be 9+0

How many weeks are you? Did you have a scare on the Nov thread?

izzybizzybuzzybees Mon 16-Apr-12 21:21:52

I know what you mean fatima, there seem to be a few regulars already!

Glad to hear baby is doing well. I'm sure the dreams are just normal anxiety.

I'm ok for now, still on tenterhooks. I am 10 weeks today. You are correct in that I had a scare. A massive one as we were actually told we had lost the baby and sent home to decide how to manage miscarriage and with a bunch of leaflets! I have a large clot in my womb alongside the baby so still at huge risk of miscarrying.

I have another scan booked for this thursday along with my booking/screening appointment. 12 week scan is scheduled for 1st May.

All my work colleagues are talking about who will be next to have a baby and i feel like i have a flashing PREGNANT sign above me!!

I have been bloating up like nothing else! I feel huge! Also developed a lump iin my breast so will need to get that checked out too now sad

kittysaysmiaow Wed 18-Apr-12 10:59:03

Hi ladies

How is everyone feeling today?

fatima glad you’re here. Can’t believe you’re nearly 9 weeks along, gosh that has gone quickly (probably not for you though!) It sounds like your bump is progressing nicely. Did you see a heartbeat at 7 weeks? I think we will probably get a private scan if I make it to then, I’m feeling in need of some reassurance and don’t think I can wait til 12 weeks.

stacks I also seem to be having a bit of a dip in symptoms at the moment, trying not to get too paranoid about it. Still crampy, but boobs aren’t really that sore at the moment, and I’m not particularly tired or sick, I also haven’t noticed any excess EWCM. Suppose I shoud be grateful confused

izzy sorry about your breast lump, hope it’s ok, do you think it could be preg-related? Hope the scan goes well tomorrow, let us know how you get on smile

I haven’t joined the December thread as it’s just so busy, I can hardly keep up lurking on it let alone posting. I don’t have very much time to post during the week. sad glad you ladies are around to chat to in a slightly more sedate fashion!

Stacks Wed 18-Apr-12 12:48:51

Afternoon. 6w exactly today, and I've been trying hard to get on with 'life as usual' and not stress too much or over analyse. I sometimes feel a little sick, but not very often, and it's not that bad. My breasts are a little tender, but nothing like the ladies on the Dec thread are describing. Also got a bit more CM, but only noticed that in the last couple of days.

I am making an effort to eat healthy though, especially as I'm finding myself snacking a lot. Bean salad is a bit of a saviour - I bought one of those plain tins of it from the supermarket and added balsamic vinegar, salt, sugar, green beans and sweetcorn. It's great as you only need a spoonful to feel better, and it's reasonably healthy.

I've had some very vivid dreams recently, but they've not been pleasant. Quite traumatic really, though luckily not pg related. Had one about a man being eaten alive the other night... Must stop watching CSI before bed. Although the next day I tried watching a nice cooking program - then they started slaughtering chickens and disemboweling them! Sigh, kids tv tomorrow I think smile

Fatima so glad to hear things are going well for you. Your greater knowledge and experience will come in very useful when I reach the stages you've already been through smile

Izzy sorry about the breast lump. Hopefully it's just something to do with the milk ducts or something. Glad your scan isn't too far away, though I'm sure it feels like ages to you.

Kitty I've already told a few people, but it's strange - none of them are really close friends. Just a couple of people in work, as well as close family. DH wants to wait until after 12 week scan before even telling his grandparents.

izzybizzybuzzybees Wed 18-Apr-12 14:17:46

Hello. Just popping on to say i was sensible and got lump checked out. she is not sure whats causing it so has referred me to the breast clinic for investigation. Great....yet more appointments!

kittysaysmiaow Thu 19-Apr-12 16:00:49

Hi

izzy how did your scan go? Hope all is well smile. Sorry about the boob lump, hopefully it is something that can be looked at and dismissed fairly easily.

stacks shock at your dreams! I've had a few funny ones too. I came home from work at lunchtime and went to bed for a few hours and had loads of weird ones. Your bean salad sounds nice. I so know what you mean about trying not to stress, it's so hard isn't it. I convinced myself I was about to miscarry last night as could hardly feel boob tenderness at all. It seems to have come back a bit today and I feel a little nauseous, kind of like I've got a bit of a hangover. Hope you are feeling ok.

izzybizzybuzzybees Thu 19-Apr-12 18:28:39

Hello. Kitty scan went well. Baby measures 10+3 which is where my ov date puts me exactly. It was waving its hands around in the air and wriggling about. It was lovely.

I have no real symptoms of being pregnant at all i only believe it due to the scans!

kittysaysmiaow Thu 19-Apr-12 22:02:54

izzy that's wonderful news how lovely that the baby was waving at you. Will you still have a regular 12 week scan?I am v reassured by your lack of symptoms smile

izzybizzybuzzybees Fri 20-Apr-12 00:30:14

Yes I still get normal scan at 12 weeks. The others have been through the EPU. My 12 week scan is on the 1st May x

Stacks Mon 23-Apr-12 14:16:55

We're not a very talkative lot are we? The thread dropped off my recent list.

Izzy have you had any news on the lump appointment? Really glad you had a nice scan, and not too long to wait for your next one. Time is really dragging for me, I just want to be 12 weeks already smile

Kitty hope you are doing well. Are your symptoms back full force? I've changed this bean's nickname to 'bug'. It's 'snug as a bug' and makes me feel like I've got the flu! I'm also publicly blaming DH for 'infecting' me (he had a slight cold this weekend [and complained like only a man can], and it's given me an excuse to back out of some activities I felt too tired to do).

Fatima do you have a 12 week scan date? Hope everything is going well for you and your DH.

Biscuits waves, how are you and DS2 doing?

Well, I decided here I'm going to be happy and excited about being pregnant. Since I got that BFP I've been talking in 'ifs' and uncertainties, and not looking ahead to actually having a baby. I was writing an email to someone the other day and half way through realised I was more talking to myself. I'd written lots of things about not wanting to get my hopes up, and being scared how I'll feel if something goes wrong. But then I thought - what if? What if things did go wrong? Will I feel better for not having let myself relax for these first few weeks? Or will I torture myself with wondering if I'd have been more positive would things have worked out? If the worst comes to the worst I want to look back at this pregnancy with as many happy memories as I can, to have enjoyed looking forward to a life with this DC, and planned for it's safe arrival and inclusion in our lives.

So this weekend I went out and looked at baby things in shops, I browsed through the Mothercare website to see what new gadgets people have come up with since I was last aware of baby things. Looked to see the prices of things on Ebay and wondered how I'd set up the nursery.

I had a good weekend, and have felt much better with everything. Even though I still don't have 'typical' morning sickness, my breasts aren't that sore, I don't have a funny taste in my mouth or super sensitive sense of smell... I also don't have my period, and that's enough for me. smile

Sorry, thought I'd posted again last week but I hadn't. Ooops

Finally got a 12 weeks scan date through and it's for when i'm 12+0 and away for a long weekend sad Managed to rebook it for 14th May when i'll be 12+3.
I wonder if it'll be measuring ahead again. As with having IVF at least I know my exact dates but wouldn't want them to change them if I was measuring bigger and then have to have an induction earlier hmm
At my scan at 7+0 it was measuring 7+2.

I'm having a really lazy day today, got so much I could do with doing but I just can't be bothered. Ah well

Izzy Fab news about the scan grin

Kitty Hope you're feeling ok and not worrying about lack of boob ache too much

Stacks Glad you're feeling more positive. I had a stage of thinking the worst and feeling that I couldn't go through IVF again if anything did go wrong. But i'm ok now, still have down moments but then I get a bout of sickness or boob pain and I know bean is ok grin

Too much information I know but has anyone had naughty dreams. I've had a couple and I swear the other night I woke up and you know what without anyone even touching me! Must be the hormones blush

Stacks Mon 23-Apr-12 18:16:45

I've not had those hormones yet Fatima but my sister did tell me agreed never wanted so much sex in her life as when she was pg. told me so I could reassure my dh who was worried he'd be left out in the cold if I got pg. I wonder if I'll be the same...

Stacks Mon 23-Apr-12 18:17:29

Agreed = she'd, my phone auto correct is terrible.

izzybizzybuzzybees Mon 23-Apr-12 18:34:05

stacks I've not heard about lump appointment yet. Hoping it will be soon cos at the moment it's just another thing to worry about!

That's me 11 weeks today smile getting there slowly but surely. Scan next tues! There is a baby show at the secc this weekend and I won tickets some are going on Sunday. Might pick up a wee bargain!

I wanted to go to the NEC baby show but DH has cricket angry

kittysaysmiaow Mon 23-Apr-12 22:42:17

stacks that was a lovely post. I totally identify with everything you said. When I first found out I was preg there was about 48 hours of euphoria and happiness and then since then I have spent every moment worrying myself into the ground blush. You are so right. How will worrying and what-ifs help us? If anything goes wrong it's out of our control, and why shouldn't we enjoy being pregnant. I am definitely going to take a leaf out of your book, start being more positive and stop touching wood every time I think or speak of the little bean!

Sorry it's making you feel flu - like! I would describe my current symptoms as more akin to having a hangover all the time. My sore boobs have returned with a vengence which is reassuring. I'm still suffering from a lot of stomach cramps on and off, which is pretty wearing. I have an 'early bird' midwife appointment at the GP next week so I will mention them to her then. Sometimes I think they are digestion-related (having loads of issues in that area!) but other times they definitely feel like someone is squeezing my uterus, yuck. Anyway I shouldn't complain. I feel incredibly lucky to be pregnant.

fatima grin about your dream!! Ha ha - I wish I had dreams like that! I have had some weird ones but I always did beforehand too. They aren't erotic in any way shape or form though - just plain weird! I think poor old DH thinks he is never going to get any loving ever again as I can't bear the thought of it at the moment sad

izzy 11 weeks is fantastic smile so so pleased for you, let us know how the baby show goes. I've decided not to buy anything for the time being, but we are hoping to get a private scan next week or the week after, and if all is well there's a couple of books I'd like to start us off. smile

minipie Mon 30-Apr-12 11:49:00

Hi everyone! I've found you smile

Just wrote a long post but lost it, gah! So pleased to hear everyone is doing well. I will just mark my place for now and be back soon to catch up properly.

izzybizzybuzzybees Mon 30-Apr-12 18:19:56

Lovely to see you mini. Hope all is well.

Im having yet more drama. Had to leave work as more bleeding. Manager got one of nurses to check me over as so white but HR a bit high and BP up too. Called EPU and they said cos scan tomorrow not much they could do so will know whats happening tomorrow.

minipie Tue 01-May-12 10:44:44

oh izzy how scary for you. I really really hope it is all ok for you. When is your scan?

kittysaysmiaow Tue 01-May-12 11:23:29

Hi ladies,

Oh izzy just seen your post. I am so sorry you are having yet more stress. I really hope everything is ok for you today. Hopefully it is just another blip but the baby is fine. Good luck, I'm thinking of you. Xx

mini it's really nice to hear from you. How are you, and how pregnant are you?! Are you feeling ok?

Not much happening with me. I am 7 weeks today which is nice. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow, bit nervous. I have had a few bouts of queasiness, the worst yesterday morning, but nothing that has lasted very long. Oh and I've had some rage too, completely irrational and directed at DH smile

minipie Tue 01-May-12 13:46:44

Hi kitty! I'm 8+4 today. Had a few scares as I've had a few small bleeds, so have been off for an early scan last Tuesday and that showed a blurry blob embryo with a visible heartbeat. So hopefully all will be ok.

I have been worrying myself sick over the bleeding (and everything else I can think of...) but stacks' post has inspired me to try to chill out and think positive thoughts.

Not feeling particularly sick as long as I eat regularly - I've had a few evenings where I could only face very plain food though. Been really tired especially in the afternoons. Quite sore boobs and truly dreadful skin (I normally have acne anyway - thanks PCOS hmm - but the last few days have been epically bad). I also have (TMI) constipation ... which is probably the real cause of the tiny bump I think I have grown grin.

Yup, got the rage too. Poor DH has been subjected to severe criticism for tiny things despite being generally lovely to me. Oops. I didn't realise it's a pg symptom - glad I have something to blame it on smile

Ooh exciting that you have your midwife appointment tomorrow (presume that is your booking in appointment?). Mine isn't till 10 weeks. Would be interested to hear what they ask about and what tests they do.

fingers tightly crossed for izzy. I am hopeful that since your previous bleeding wasn't a problem, this time won't be either iyswim... hang on in there little izzybean.

izzybizzybuzzybees Tue 01-May-12 18:18:13

Hi ladies. Had scan this morning and all is well. I'm due on 14th November smile x

minipie Tue 01-May-12 18:27:41

Oh phew phew phew izzy so pleased to hear that. Hurrah for izzybean. When are you 12 weeks? <can't count backwards>

Do they have any idea what is causing the bleeding?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now