Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Charters Anonymous Graduates Volume 2! – No more temping!

(937 Posts)
Iwish Tue 24-May-11 21:15:28

A nice cosy place to accommodate our growing bumps and little wrigglers.

Hello all (and hello NYD - ukvbac is a great group. One of the lovely ladies there has privately emailed me and is helping me with my case. Turns out that the hospital forgot to get my permission for the section, so i may also have a case against them. not sure i'll persue but nice to know I have multiple avenues).

I am enjoying DS immensely now. He is 10 weeks tomorrow (time going far too fast) and is 12.5lbs. He gives us great gummy smiles and DD adores him. There is a pic of me wearing him in a sling about a week ago, along with DD, on my MN profile.

Bf didn't work out for me whjich makes me terribly sad but I am coming to terms with the fact that whilst I adore being pg, birth and feeding are just not things I am skilled at but DP and I do make beautiful babies smile
Having had numerous consultants and bf supporters come to the house, the upshot is, DS is just not/never was interested in my boobs. He could not suss out what to do and we couldn't force him without hijm getting distressed. he is a milk monster and taking big bottles.
I am still expressing milk for him, so can say that for 2 months he's had some of my milk every day - although it is less and less now, as I sort of expected. DD only got colostrum, so it's better than nowt. I still get some lovely bf poos though in his nappy.

We are still using washable nappies too and i love them and am now obssessed!

On the plus side, he has been sleeping 7-7 for the past 2 weeks now. Long may it continue!
Like Terrys I need routine but with DD and DS they both seem to just get a routine that suits me/DP and them. DS is still fed on demand and even now I have no idea when he will feed but he does get enough in during the day.

With blw, we did spoon in some stuff for DD, like porridge/yoghurt. My theory was that if I offered the spoon and she opened her mouth/grabbed the spoon herself and shoved it in, then it was her choice grin
We didn't start her on the porridge until she was about 7 months though.

Going to try out the parent and baby cinema shows at the Trafford centre too. Twas good with DD.

Sadly, I'm back to work mid-Sept Seems ages away but I know it'll wizz round. sad

newyearsday Sun 19-Feb-12 20:39:52

Hi MrsA, good luck with it all, I can't believe what you've been through. Take your time and see how you feel in a few months, when the dust has settled and you can look back and see how it's affected you and your family. I kept writing things down to help gather my thoughts and it was about 4mths after DS's birth that I made a complaint to the hospital about how the registrar had treated me. It helped me. You've done everything you possibly could do so don't be too hard on yourself about birth and bfing, I think you're doing an AMAZING job, and your DS is obviously thriving. (I'm v envy at the 7-7, mine took 7mths to sleep through!) All the best x

Iwish Sun 11-Mar-12 20:17:36

Hi all!!

Hope you are all well?! Just wanted to check in. Joshua is 6 months old next weekend, eek where did that go!! So operation milk will start next week. We are still BFing even after all our troubles at the beginning. Although I do keep thinking of changing to bottles when we start weaning. But then I just think of him having his booby and change my mind! I wish someone would make my mind up for me.
Sleeping is none existent here. He was doing well at sleeping 8 hour blocks but now he's just waking up all the time, either wanting booby or mummy cuddles. He's been in my bed for the 2nd half of the night for 3 nights now. SHATTERED! I've had between 2 and 5 hours sleep a night.
Xxx

Iwish Sun 18-Mar-12 13:33:01

Happy mummies day ladies xx thanks

Evening all, it's been a while!

Freya is now over 7 months old and today has learnt how to sit herself up from lying down all by herself without us hlping her into sitting position smile So proud!

iwish I hope Joshua's sleep has got back to normal. I am very envy of the 8 hour blocks. Freya's never sorted herself back out after the 4 month sleep regression. She's been feeding every couple of hours every night since then. Between us we've had cold/bug after bug too so I think there's a lot of comfort feeding going on as well. I'm not overly worried about it really, just going with the flow, and figuring that she'll grow out of it at some stage. In the mean time, cosleeping and loving the cuddles. I'm not sure I could sleep without her either now blush

MrsA how is your case with the hospital and the IM going/gone?

Weaning is going, ahem, slowly! She's just not very interested. Cucumber, oatcakes and pineapple go down a storm, most else is meh, lob on floor, or total disgust. She's still chubbing up lots though so nothing to worry about, I'm sure she'll take to it in her own good time.

And she's pretty much crawling!! I would say she more hauls than crawls, but it's just because she's not really worked out what to do with the left arm entirely.

Hope you are all well. Loving some of the fb pics I've spotted in recent months.

jaggy how's things? I've lost the plot, how far along are you?

Iwish Sun 01-Apr-12 19:26:14

Hey split!! Joshua's sleep he's got worse. He's constantly waking and crying for me. Sometimes he won't settle till he's in my bed sad. But on Friday night he had his last feed at 7pm and didn't feed again till 6am!!! He woke up at 11:30 crying/whinging for a hour for no reason tho.

Yey clever Freya sitting herself up like that!! Joshua is just learning to sit unaided. He first did it on Monday and I was so proud. Then on rues day he started rolling back to front smile

Started weaning Joshua 1 day before he was 6 months. We are just starting week 3 of weaning. He's eating quite a lot and still having quite a lot of milk. I don't mind tho because I like BFing him and felt a bit upset at giving him proper food. Sad I know. We have gone down the purée route because blw freaked me out a little. Was scared he'd choke.

How is everyone else?

aaw it's wonderful when they can sit, so cute. Also, they entertain themselves a lot better too when they can sit up and hold a toy wink

I know just what you mean about being a bit upset with starting weaning. I was all "oh but but, I grew her completely from a tiny dot until now, and now she'll not be totally dependent on me... waaaah!" <pulls self together firmly> Now I'd be delighted if she'd blardy eat the food I give her!

Sorry the sleep got worse, that sucks. Here's hoping for tonight for us all!

MrsP81 Thu 19-Apr-12 12:25:41

Hey all!

I just popped on here to revisit the weaning tips that MrsA and Terrys gave us as Abigail was 6 months old yesterday. shock We are doing BLW and have so far tried some brocolli, sweet potato and toast. I can't help being worried about choking even though I know it's unlikely. I sit there trying to appear relaxed about it all! Still BF but probably going to throw in some formula soon. I think BF has taken its toll on me a bit, I have lost too much weight (although it could just be motherhood in general).

Sleep is very variable here, some good nights, some shocking. Yaaaaaaaaaaawn. I do need to tackle daytime naps in the cot at some point though, still just letting her sleep on me/in sling/pushchair for ease at the moment.

Hope you're all well.

Iwish Tue 24-Jul-12 20:33:04

Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

There must have been birthdays by now so happy birthdays to all! Hope all mummies are well, so long since we all spoke after our daily chats of ttc.

Joshua is 10 months now and is into everything. He's crawling and cruising and just starting to stand unaided for a few seconds. He is absolutely gorgeous and I love him so very much.
I'm back at work now but only 3 days a week. I miss him do much when I'm working and wish every second to get home to him.

How are you all?

Xxxxxxxx

newyearsday Tue 07-Aug-12 19:11:07

Hello Iwish, we're great thanks, ds is nearly 15mths, a little boy now. He's such a joy. So much so, we're having another baby! Due in March 2013, all going well with the scan in 2wks. I haven't gone back to work yet, officially a stay-at-home mum (or full-time carer as I told my car insurance co who called me 'unemployed'!). I was on the ttc boards for a few months spreading the positive word about charting, but wasn't there long this time! (only two cycles after we finishing bfing!). Hope everyone is doing well? xx

Iwish Wed 08-Aug-12 07:58:00

Wow congrats newyears!! Bet you are over the moon. And only 2 cycles too grin
Cheeky sods at the insurance calling you unemployed!!

We are still BFing morning and before bed and at 3:00 when I'm not at work.

Happy Christmas you lot! Hope the not-so-babies-anymore have a fab day!

And congrats newyears wow you are nearly there again!!

xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now