to not 'release wind' in front of my DP?

(173 Posts)
KodakTheBat Tue 01-Jun-10 16:33:24

We've been together 3 years. I've never done it. During a conversation with the girls last night, in their words I'm a 'bloody freak' hmm. I've also told him I don't poo blush

I'm not weird am I? Surely I'm not the only one who doesn't...?

If I feel the pressure and I am alone, I succumb to the urge - if I am not alone, I control the urge. Simple as that, same as you would do in an inappropriate-farting situation smile

foureleven Tue 01-Jun-10 16:53:31

If in bed yes I get up and go to the loo... and our loo is downstairs!

Unless Im asleep... or i know for sure HE is..

Poledra - my daughter likes to come in and sit on my lap while I wee and talk to me about 'important' matters.. bless her its probably the only time she can get my full attention!

I do wee in front of my girlfriends though on nights out... In fact we found a club the other day with two loos in each cubicle... handy!

MrsWobbleTheWaitress Tue 01-Jun-10 16:56:53

Hahahahahahahahaha! Sorry, can't stop laughing!

My DH can't keep his hands off me and we both poo and fart, shave (different things obviously!), get ready to go out etc. in front of eachother. Well, not intentionally, but we don't go to ridiculous lengths to hide either thing. It's a bit daft to, really. I'd be a bit pissed off if he stopped fancying me just because he saw me doing normal human things!

IveStillGotIt Tue 01-Jun-10 16:57:28

Forgot to add, if I feel a really good fart coming, I'll ask DP to 'pull my finger'!!!

InVinoFerretsAss Tue 01-Jun-10 16:58:01

I have a friend whose DH has quite often wandered in and done a poo whilst she's relaxing in the bath! hmm
You'll need more than a few scented candles to sort that out love.

foureleven Tue 01-Jun-10 16:59:16

Invino, I would FREAK if DP did this!

PatsyStone Tue 01-Jun-10 16:59:16

I could never poo in front of dh, and I would actually die of asphyxiation if dh ever pooed in front of me. Urgh. Farting though, no problem though I don't think it's odd not to either. Holding someone under the cover though, that is wrong!

Dh's quite chilled about periods too. I will not pluck my chin hairs out in front of him though, he really doesn't need to know that I have a hairy chin.

KodakTheBat Tue 01-Jun-10 17:00:40

violethill - I generally just don't need to that often.

See - I notice alot of you (that don't) are saying that your DP's don't either. My DP does it in front of me, and sits on the loo with the door wide open. He says it's to keep the balance for the DS's grin

violethill Tue 01-Jun-10 17:01:06

How about changing your tampon in front of DH?

(OP - does your DH know that women have periods?!)

Poledra Tue 01-Jun-10 17:01:37

Patsy - never say never - would you rather a bedpan or DH with you in that toilet cubicle?? smile

MrsWobbleTheWaitress Tue 01-Jun-10 17:02:09

Invino - now that is gross!

BritFish Tue 01-Jun-10 17:02:53

i would never change tampons pads etc in front of DP because lets face it, its grim buisness, and i dont like having to look at it so i dont think its fair on DH either. also, although he wasnt put off by childbirth, that might just do it...

KodakTheBat Tue 01-Jun-10 17:04:52

violethill - shock no way!! He does not need to see that!! Bit of a sticking point at the moment though that, been having some problems and he's been ferrying me back and forth to the hospital so have talkeda little about periods grin

and he did see me give birth to our son, and was very hands on. Thats different imo though.

PatsyStone Tue 01-Jun-10 17:05:05

Poledra - Good point! I think dh would be preferable to an audience of strangers in a ward! That said, I do get stage fright in any house other than mine of my mum's so maybe it just wouldn't happen...

WellMeantHellBent Tue 01-Jun-10 17:06:39

I try not to but sometimes little ones slip out blush 'D'P however has held a pillow oon my face after letting rip onto it, there are no words to describe how disgusting that was! He was very proud of himself too, chuckled every half hour when he remembered what he'd done, the idiot!

MrsWobbleTheWaitress Tue 01-Jun-10 17:08:26

How sad that you're so ashamed of your periods you go to lengths to hide them from your husbands too! It's just blood fgs!

InVinoFerretsAss Tue 01-Jun-10 17:11:22

That said my DD has quite often dropped a sneaky stinker whilst I've got the bath water running for me. Then I get all ready and walk into a wall of smell and bubbles. Lovely.

KodakTheBat Tue 01-Jun-10 17:11:35

Not ashamed MrsWobble - he just doesn't need to see it?!

Nah my DP farts like a trooper in front of me, but to be fair to him he does look sheepish and say sorry afterward grin He likes his bathroom alone time as well, and to greet each other fully done up rather than witness the process.

I would never ever change my tampon in front of him shock I wouldn't even buy tampons in front of him!

He was kind of there when I gave birth, well he was on the stairs outside the bedroom so not technically in the same room but I distinctly remember him giving the placenta a good prod and asking if we could feed it to the dog (we didn't grin)

dwpanxt Tue 01-Jun-10 17:12:36

IveStillGotIt - couldnt you have kept that yourself until after I had finished my curry ?

Rice up the nose isnt nice for anyone to see wink

5DollarShake Tue 01-Jun-10 17:15:17

This is a massive bone of contention in our house.

DH has an outdated, Victorian attitude towards farting, in that it's fine for men to release wind as and when needed (at home, sans visitors - he's not a total philistine) but under no circumstance is it OK for women. This is like a red rag to a bull for me.

If he wants me to clam up, then he has to shut his buttocks as well. We are forever striking up deals in an attempt to keep both of us happy, but they always inevitably fail.

I do think some people need to fart more than others, and those who don't need to struggle to understand (and out up with) the steady emissions of those who do.

foureleven Tue 01-Jun-10 17:15:36

change your tampon in front of someone??? Thats just rude.

foureleven Tue 01-Jun-10 17:16:16

Its not 'just blood' its blood thats been congealing up your fannoir for about 8 hours....

izzybiz Tue 01-Jun-10 17:16:37

My Dh will fart in front of anyone hmm I find it quite rude and will try my hardest not too!

Obviously he has heard me at times, sometimes it cant be helped, he has watched me give birth twice, and we will wee in front of eachother, but poos and periods Id rather keep to myself thanks!

SandyisinCaldwell Tue 01-Jun-10 17:16:55

IveStillGotIt - LMAO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now