not to want to be all lighthearted and forgiving about the troll invasion?

(249 Posts)

I don't get the 'fun' of invading another site and causing real upset to real people. I trust people on mumsnet and respond genuinely to them, and now I wish I hadn't - and that has upset me.

I'm sure this is going to get me labelled a humourless sourpuss over on CUK - but then I reckon I am already one of the "...rampaging horde of offended lardbuckets..." they refer to, or perhaps one of the ".... small clique of salad-dodging, vindictive, manic-depressive yet very vocal inadequates..." who is "...likely to go blubbing to the Admin if anyone does not treat them with kid gloves?..." (not that I did go to Admin, but hey, why spoil a good insult with facts).

maduggar Wed 31-Mar-10 16:31:49

Vulnerable people dont just stay in one section.

I hate generalizations. If you don't like how another poster was treated, argue it out then and there, don't start saying everyone on the site is unkind. There are thousands of us and most don't even know what you are talking about.

Hullygully Wed 31-Mar-10 16:32:35

But. It. Was. So. Obvious.

pigletmania Wed 31-Mar-10 16:32:40

Whats CUK BTW confused

zazen Wed 31-Mar-10 16:32:59

Who is 'you lot' Sheep?
Are you 'other' and special somehow? hmmbiscuit

maduggar Wed 31-Mar-10 16:33:58

ah, hello MrsFullyautomatix

I presume 'you lot' is every other poster on Mumsnet zazen.

ooojimaflip Wed 31-Mar-10 16:39:20

The internet would be a lot safer and less interesting if this kind of thing didn't happen from time to time.

SheepInWolfsClothing Wed 31-Mar-10 16:39:37

I am one of the CUK people. Sorry, thought you could spot that from a mile off.

you lot = a reference the ones who started with the foul mouthed stuff. Obviously we aren't allowed to do that on our board so we are desensitized to it. And of course our mothers never spoke like that in front of us shock

I would agree most of you seem perfectly nice.

JackRabbitBauer Wed 31-Mar-10 16:40:17

YANBU. But I am sure I have no sense of humour eitherhmm

maduggar Wed 31-Mar-10 16:41:02

Hopefully, that will be you lot off back to your own forum now then?

weegiemum Wed 31-Mar-10 16:42:08

One early night and you miss all the fun .....

Lulumaam Wed 31-Mar-10 16:42:53

what's CUK?

the soup thread was funny until the myra hindley reference, then it became sick

nickelbabe Wed 31-Mar-10 16:43:11

i thought you might be Sheep: your post read like you were sticking up for them.

does that mean you're all apologizing for taking the piss out of us?

CUK is Contractors UK - an IT contractor portal - relevant thread here.

'our mothers never spoke like that in front os us' - well our children aren't on here are they so how do they know what we are posting? As far as mine know I am a clean living, non-sweary, church going, cookie baking mommy. They have no idea about the dark side.

Lulumaam Wed 31-Mar-10 16:49:29

think that says more about the trollers than MNers tbh

i agree with the OP

Why on earth are IT contractors trolling over here? Is it some kind of experiment or field trip?

I'm going over to Bricklink to bring the inhabitants of the chatroom there over here then. One of them wears lego underpants and another has a cat that eats earwax. They should be great additions to the Mumsnet mafia.

You have a dark side, MadamDeathstare - I wouldn't have guessed from your nickname. grin

Lulumaam Wed 31-Mar-10 16:51:33

it's the closest they'll get to a conversation with a woman. << sinking to the lowest common denominator>>

SheepInWolfsClothing Wed 31-Mar-10 16:52:39

Thats fair enough. I expect you are probably more foul mouthed on here than in real life because you have to be so careful at home.

I find the same thing, it's very embarrassing when your 3 year old comes out with "oh fuck it" when something goes wrong. Although last time it was "I don't want to hear that silly word again" so he's obviously listening.

BariatricObama Wed 31-Mar-10 16:53:02

those IT contractors really know how to live!

maybe it was a --school trip-- interesting experiment.

Madascheese Wed 31-Mar-10 16:54:14

SDTG

Agree with you to a point, and who said anything about being forgiving, I'm on the punishment thread for a reason...

DuelingFanjo Wed 31-Mar-10 16:55:30

oooh exciting. but I missed it. Is it a board war?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now