to think using FRENCH bags for life is poncery?

(186 Posts)
SCargot Thu 10-Dec-09 14:06:27

in the Uk natch.

nighbynight Sun 20-Dec-09 21:52:25

FFS
I use french ones (in germany) because they are better than anything else I have found.

they are stylish and made of incredibly strong and long-lasing woven plastic.

Stop being so insular!!

MillyR Sun 20-Dec-09 21:59:06

I have a New York Strand bag for life, and it is in lunatic asylum ticking stripe. It is my favourite bag and I hadn't realised people were judging me on it!

mellifluouscauliflower Sun 20-Dec-09 22:04:41

Guilty, guilty, guilty as charged.

If you had some Carrefour ones like mine, you'd use them too. They are huge (no nanny state health & safety concerns in France), last forever and are in bright colours / nice designs.

Anyone who goes on a £5 booze cruise can get them. It's not exactly exclusive club..

Meglet Sun 20-Dec-09 22:06:52

I haven't noticed shoppers with foreign bags for life, I will have to keep my eyes peeled this week.

I have the M&S turtle ones (pink and green) and just got fabric ones from the dc's nursery with their hand / foot prints all over them. Everyone in my family is getting them for xmas whether they like them or not grin.

meaningofnight Mon 21-Dec-09 10:20:50

Guilty of the bag thing! I have French bags brought back from the South of France where we have our second home. And I always use them in Waitrose in Islington. How poncey is that?

tallulahbelly Mon 21-Dec-09 16:03:42

I worked with Englishman who had a 'nucleaire non merci' sticker on his Morris Traveller.

I haven't seen him for 25 years but he's the sort of insufferable ponce to have a French bag for life now.

FolornHope Mon 21-Dec-09 16:04:37

oh yes and the german Umwelt ones

FlumpetMum Mon 21-Dec-09 17:38:10

I work in Waitrose & it is FULL of ponce. On saturday after the 8 inches of snow, when no lorries could get to us, "Oh My God, do you know you are out of organic houmous?" "Sorry madam I will flog myself now" FFS

FolornHope Mon 21-Dec-09 17:40:26

omg you need tyour OWN thread
" from the back rooms of waitrose
Please start it now

noddyholder Mon 21-Dec-09 17:41:22

A modicum of poncery gets me through the day sometimes

FlumpetMum Wed 23-Dec-09 15:46:23

I shall start a Waitrose thread! I am off there in a minute for the Christmas eve eve shift on the deli. "No sundried tomatoes? Oh my Christmas is ruined"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now