Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think using FRENCH bags for life is poncery?

(186 Posts)
SCargot Thu 10-Dec-09 14:06:27

in the Uk natch.

cumbria81 Thu 10-Dec-09 14:06:58

I have a french bag for life blush. but I used to live there and brought it with me. is that ok?

itsmeolord Thu 10-Dec-09 14:07:41

Yes. Poncery. Much like those people I see on the tube with their "Big Brown Bag" or "little Brown Bag" etc etc.

Berrie Thu 10-Dec-09 14:08:45

grin
I've got one that we got while camping in France. A bag is a bag! Snigger!

thelunar66 Thu 10-Dec-09 14:09:02

Oh yes.. totally poncery... but I'd do it anyway (if I actually had a french bag) grin

ClaireDeLoon Thu 10-Dec-09 14:09:29

I have a couple of french bags for life in the back of the car that have sat there since our holiday in Sept blush am a ponce obv blush

I don't use them much though as I get shopping delivered. So I'm an occasional ponce.

MrsBadger Thu 10-Dec-09 14:09:45

oh yes absolutely, we should bin all those ones we had to buy in Fr and buy brand new waitrose ones

er no

AboardtheAxiom Thu 10-Dec-09 14:10:14

this thread title made me chuckle grin

It is a bit 'look at me' isn't it. hmm

ClaireDeLoon Thu 10-Dec-09 14:10:15

lunar66 would you like me to send you one of mine?

SCargot Thu 10-Dec-09 14:10:40

its very county imo
just saw someoen in waitrose and i htough oh fgs

thelunar66 Thu 10-Dec-09 14:11:06

You know what Claire? I'm almost tempted by your offer.

SixtyFootDoll Thu 10-Dec-09 14:11:09

I have two french bags for life
as I bought them on holiday to use there, and as they are 'bags for life' brought them back with me to use here.
I also have a Somerfield bag for life so that surelly cancels out any poncery from moi?!

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 10-Dec-09 14:11:16

I want one.

What do French bags for life say?

Sac pour la vie?

Can't be doing with those bags for life anyway. My gran had one of those from British Home Stores in the 80s. Grim.

SCargot Thu 10-Dec-09 14:12:08
ShutUpandDrinkYourMulledWine Thu 10-Dec-09 14:12:11

i have one from when I lived there

but i am a well-known ponce in these parts

Berrie Thu 10-Dec-09 14:12:26

Mmmm, need a bag...Tesco?...Asda? No I must search for the French one so that everyone will look at me. hmm
grin

SCargot Thu 10-Dec-09 14:12:32

my mum hasa british museum bag for life

very U3a

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 10-Dec-09 14:13:37

Oh it would be in Waitrose.

I love Waitrose. I saw a toothsome pair of women in jodphurs in there on Saturday debating between krug and Dom Perignon.

Jodphur wearers in Waitrose in Cheltenham. How much more middle class smug can you get?

HugeBaublesWhatDidISayRoy Thu 10-Dec-09 14:14:42

am clearly a ponce. All my bags for life are from france. Got them on hols and use them for the supermarche here grin

I have a French bag for life. I love poncing around Waitrose with it. hmm

Its a Sherpa bag and says something about "Les montagnes".

Actually its in English one side and French the other so does that make me only haLf a poce. I do always make sure the French side is on display though so everyone notices it and thinks wow!

SCargot Thu 10-Dec-09 14:15:55

PONCE

<gavel>

i bought some savrain with mango on it or somesuch ( for drinky nibbles) and they had champagne on sample

and everyone wore natural fibres

tres bien

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 10-Dec-09 14:16:15

It is like ladies of a certain age carrying putting their St Michael purchases into a bottle green Harrods bag for life.

Or, younger women who carry those Big Brown Bag bloomingdales bags. Ooh look at me I have been to New York and am a sophisticate (no you're not, you're carrying your sandwiches in a beige oilcloth bag in Bristol, Carrie Bradshaw you aint).

MrsBadger Thu 10-Dec-09 14:16:32

ok ebay one v poncey

ours our manky plastic ones from Leclerc or similar, nowhere near as poncey as the Waitrose sustainable-hessian sort

SCargot Thu 10-Dec-09 14:16:42

tell em
what is wrong with a marks turtle bag?

SCargot Thu 10-Dec-09 14:17:26

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now