to consider spending £625 on a spanner for myself for christmas

(30 Posts)
WouldYouCouldYouWithAGoat Sat 28-Nov-09 09:24:06
pooter Sat 28-Nov-09 09:25:32

omg! well anyone who buys that has a screw loose, so it could be a good investment...

noddyholder Sat 28-Nov-09 09:26:58

That website is hilarious Some lovely things but without exception ridiculous prices I SAW YOU COMING!!!!!!!!

BrokenArm Sat 28-Nov-09 09:27:25

I like it much better than that luxury Women's hamper for 1000 quid that someone linked to recently.

At least this has scrap metal value grin.

OrmIrian Sat 28-Nov-09 09:27:26

Lightweight! <sniff>

DH's tool wish list was way more extravagant than that when he was a carpenter.

But possibly not for a spanner hmm

Good grief! And it is 695 pounds!!

"Michelin factory in France" - that's all right then.

I had a look at the Sanctuary recharging station I found in Pedlars Christmas brochure: available on-line from other retailers for just over half the price shock.

Never ordered from them before, and unlikely to anytime soon...

noddyholder Sat 28-Nov-09 09:31:04

You can get a lot of the little bitty things like patterned plasters cowboys etc in the 99p shop!

Pineapplechunks Sat 28-Nov-09 09:33:18

Not in defence of Pedlars in any way because they are absolute robbing bastards but thats a michelin spanner and I therefore would assume intended for use on cars.

DP's best friend is a mechanic and he will spend hundreds on a spanner or a screwdriver because he has to undoe the bolts on the cars which are factory fitted so are seriously tough. If he tried with an ordinary one from B&Q it would snap instantly.

Why they are selling them in Peddlars goodness only knows seeing as their tag line is things we love you'll love too.

Anyone love that spanner.....? NO.

melpomene Sat 28-Nov-09 09:38:34

Did you notice the sizes of the spanners though? The large one is 165cm, that's taller than many of us!

Yes, I did noticed their size.

How on earth do you get them inside a car's engine bay then wink??

Pineapplechunks Sat 28-Nov-09 09:51:50

Are you kidding.....a 165cm spanner.....what for?

They're lunatics.

ssd Sat 28-Nov-09 09:55:57

grin love it

itsmeolord Sat 28-Nov-09 09:57:23

they're for marine use/large plant. I have used spanners that big before.

thats ace- i want one!!!

nighbynight Sat 28-Nov-09 10:07:53

lol at pooter.

BitOfFun Sat 28-Nov-09 10:17:08

shock

It's not a misprint then?

VeronicaMars Sat 28-Nov-09 10:23:46

How much spannering can a person do?

veryconfusedandupset Sat 28-Nov-09 11:00:08

Pedlars is a total rip off - most of their stuff is available much cheaper elsewhere.
The raison d'etre of their site seems to be to keep them and their huge family of children with stupid names in a style they are accustomed to - well, I don't play that game anymore and if I see anything I like on there get it at Amazon or elsewhere for 1/2 price.

Some years ago they had lovely locally knitted jumpers and other nice, reasonably priced things, suppose they just go tgreedy.

PercyPigPie Sat 28-Nov-09 11:01:51

Nice spanner - I'd get it grin

pigletmania Sat 28-Nov-09 11:02:50

YABU does not look like anything special just a rusty old tool that can be found in garages up and down the UK. I would rather spend it on dd and myself and have a jolly good time.

read it as spanker grin.....thought bargain!

BouncingTurtle Sat 28-Nov-09 11:35:46

I think I will buy two of them grin

mejon Sat 28-Nov-09 12:15:17

My father has a shedfull of vintage tools - perhaps I'll get in touch with Pedlars! I can't imagine it'd get used either - probably plonked 'on display' somewhere.

TheFallenMadonna Sat 28-Nov-09 12:22:40

God DH would love that. It would be his ideal gift I think.

But perhaps not for that kind of money...

ImSoNotTelling Sat 28-Nov-09 12:39:07

It is a very nice spanner though.

My dad has some like that...

<plans robbery>

hocuspontas Sat 28-Nov-09 12:53:59

I love the word 'vintage'. 'Used' just does't have the same ring to it.

I like "pre-loved" grin.

Not "sloppy seconds" then....

WouldYouCouldYouWithAGoat Sat 28-Nov-09 18:09:51

didn't realise it was so enormous!

southeastastra Sat 28-Nov-09 18:12:46

'stuff we love that you'll love too' ooh yes i must have that spanner, i need that spanner grin

WouldYouCouldYouWithAGoat Sat 28-Nov-09 18:14:27

imagine it leaning nochalantly in teh corner of your vintage chalon kitchen. 'oh yes that old thing, something i picked up in a disused michelin factory' that would be hard to beat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now