Great Little Trading Company? Crap more like...

(63 Posts)
Shamster Fri 09-Oct-09 19:39:24

I've started a new thread just to see who has had bad experiences with this horror of a company? They owe me £145.00 from an original order of £249.00. They refunded half and I'm now being told the other half will come by cheque; er postal strike anyone?

The blunders have been coming thick and fast and their service is awful. I wonder if they're in trouble and that's why they are holding onto my money.I've made atleast 30 odd calls, almost all at my expense, spoken to just about everyone in the company, all of whom are very nice and basically unable to help due to protocol and rules.

Maybe I'm unlucky, but I wish I'd never clapped eyes on their sodding catalogue. Just to finish my rant, while you are left on hold waiting for soembody to pick up the phone, thay make you listen to Noddy, The Mister Men and Roobarb and Custard...Lovely.

monkeysmama Sat 26-Jan-13 16:34:03

Sort of zombie thread but it was resurrected before Christmas which is why I commented two weeks later. And yes, they are still crap.

Yes, zombie thread indeed notsofrownieface and they're still shit! It's good sometimes to get a bit of perspective on how long they have failed at customer service!

That should say 4 years old

Er this thread is nearly years old.... Zombie

zlist Sat 26-Jan-13 10:20:42

I've bought quite a few things from them over the years (no big ticket items though) and have never had an issue but I've never had to return or construct anything from them. I now only use them if they are selling something I want that I simply can't get anywhere else as they do seem expensive. Threads like this have definitely put me off even considering them for things like furniture etc.

Stereolab Sat 26-Jan-13 09:18:51

Think we must have purchased the same toy box as Cocoachannel. A complete nightmare to construct with an excessive number of screws and nails (and really disappointing when completed). Thought about it just the other day (with a shudder). I never bought from them again.

sashh Sat 26-Jan-13 04:50:35

I bought 1 thing, once for my niece.

She is now 20 and they won't stop sending emails and mailshots.

TepidCoffee Sat 26-Jan-13 00:32:48

We've found them fine.

hmm the advert at the bottom of my page says they are best children's retailer 2012. We must all be wrong.

I had a damaged storage unit from them- they couldn't care less.

cocoachannel Sat 26-Jan-13 00:25:57

Oh, and aren't they a Mumsnet partner? Hope MNHQ have seen this thread...

cocoachannel Sat 26-Jan-13 00:20:16

Awful. Two products from them: a child's armchair which arrived with a small tear in the fabric which apparently must have been how we removed it from the packaging; and, a toy box which was £££ and flimsy/ next to impossible to build but could be returned as we had put the hinges on it.

NEVER again. Avoid.

microserf Sat 26-Jan-13 00:02:58

A company best avoided. We ordered the ruler height chart and it came stained with marks we couldn't remove. Never again, the catalogues go straight in the bin now.

monkeysmama Fri 25-Jan-13 21:05:08

I am resurrecting this from a few weeks back because I am having a mare with them at the moment. I wondered how those of you who had issues got them resolved?

I've had lots of good experiences buying small stuff from them. I ordered a bed and mattress in their Christmas sale and it has turned into a farce. Customer Services can't seem to get my name right and keep saying "it should've been dispatched two weeks ago. Hope that settles any confusion" Um, no, not at all. Then at the end they say "have a good day". A day which has been spent emailed them and fuming at their incompetence.

Rant over.

Icelollycraving Fri 28-Dec-12 13:48:51

Reading this is quite surprising. I had been looking at their storage but will reconsider now.

Theicingontop Fri 28-Dec-12 11:38:12

After reading this I'm glad the pricey item I was going to order from them ran out of stock before Christmas. Blimey.

givemeaclue Fri 28-Dec-12 11:27:28

Had terrible service, shoddy products and I don't use them anymore

TKB Fri 28-Dec-12 11:26:24

Yes, they're still awful. I ordered a stable and horses set on the 17th December, i've just contacted them on 28th December and I've been told they'll be available and sent to me on the 29th March! Presumably, if I hadn't phoned I'd be waiting until then with no contact from them. Really not good enough when you're dealing with children's expectations. Stay clear, there is enough decent competition to be treated with more courtesy.

blowninonabreeze Mon 12-Apr-10 23:46:40

I'm bumping this up as am having a nightmare with GLTC and wanted others to be aware.

Have rated them highly in the past but currently my frustration knows no limits.

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Padraigin Mon 14-Dec-09 18:35:58

my nightmare with GLTC continues. My husband and I both arranged to be at home for collection today as they told us the could only specify 9-5. Needless to say no one has turned up from their equally wretched courier company XDP. I've been told someone will come tomorrow afternoon.
The appalling service and contempt for the customer of these companies knows no bounds. I cannot emphasise how dreadful they are.

alibubbles Wed 09-Dec-09 18:59:40

OOps, it won't strike out for me!

alibubbles Wed 09-Dec-09 18:57:53

I got some gift vouchers from therm for crap service, and guess what, when I tried to use them they say they don't do gift vouchers anymore, and wouldn't accept them, and that I must be mistaken, excuse me, but they say GLTC --are rubbish--on them

spicemonster Wed 09-Dec-09 17:59:23

My sister bought a toy chest for my DS from there and had it delivered to my house. It was a nightmare to put together (and I am am expert flat pack furniture assembler) and the lid mechanism didn't work. So I had to take it to bits and package it up. And they sent a replacement and I had the same issue with that too. And it was a right pain because they wouldn't collect either of them from me as they had been delivered to my sister's house so I had to cart them back across London.

Would never ever buy anything from them again.

mrsvwoolf Wed 09-Dec-09 17:48:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrsvwoolf Wed 09-Dec-09 17:47:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now