Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to be repulsed by the words 'pasta bake'

(241 Posts)
EleanoraBuntingCupcake Sun 23-Aug-09 19:35:07

and i actually retch at teh thought of tuna pasta bake.

squilly Sun 23-Aug-09 19:36:42

I quite like pasta bake, but haven't inflicted made it for my family as they'd share your thoughts...so am torn between YA an YANbu

LovelyTinOfSpam Sun 23-Aug-09 19:38:15

YANBU at all.

PitysSake Sun 23-Aug-09 19:38:31

i have nevr cooked htis meal

differentID Sun 23-Aug-09 19:38:38

it isn't the pasta bake part I have a problem with. it's the tuna.

MovingOutOfBlighty Sun 23-Aug-09 19:40:07

mmm...pasta bake...
[Homer Simpson emoticon]

YANBU

Even the thought of it is horrible.

janeite Sun 23-Aug-09 19:40:23

I used to think this but the dds had one somewhere and loved it, so now I sometimes cook them. Tuna is the work of the devil in any shape or form though. Ye gads - the SMELL.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 23-Aug-09 19:40:59

It does sound revolting, I'll give you that.

Oddly it works though. (Haven't made it for years though)

GirlsAreLoud Sun 23-Aug-09 19:41:24

YABU.

And either a snob, or just plain strange.

shaninemb Sun 23-Aug-09 19:41:44

mmmmmmmmmmm tuna past bake

ttalloo Sun 23-Aug-09 19:42:11

YANBU - think it's a revolting and lazy way of "cooking", while pretending to put some actual effort into it; far tastier and more honest just to toss some pesto and parmesan into cooked pasta.

cheshirekitty Sun 23-Aug-09 19:42:18

My dh was going to make us a nice seafood rissotto for dinner tomorrow. Then he had a bright idea - use one of those horrible pasta things in a packet instead of doing nice rissotto.

I think dd and myself have managed to persuade him to do the rice.

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 23-Aug-09 19:43:34

Well, you can and should bake pasta in the oven - lasagne and cannelloni being perfect examples. Of course, it is not pasta bake it is pasta *al forno* wink.

But canned tuna heated up in any form is the work of the devil. More offensive to me than tuna pasta bake (sorry) is the tuna melt pannini. Warm canned fish and hot cheese - together in a sandwich????? wtf????

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 23-Aug-09 19:44:18

"nd either a snob, or just plain strange"

See. Tuna pasta bake is a issue of class. You thought it was just a mix of flavours which didn't go, but it's all to do with your father's job when you were a child. <nods sagely>

muggglewump Sun 23-Aug-09 19:44:29

It took me ages to get to like hot tuna. I like it now though and we do eat tuna pasta bake.

Chicken with pasta, however, is wrong and utterly disgusting.

StayFrostysOtherSister Sun 23-Aug-09 19:45:47

Don't get pasta bake. don't get the point of cooking pasta on the cooker top then putting it in the oven and cooking it again. wtf?

Thunderduck Sun 23-Aug-09 19:46:05

YABU.

And why is it lazy cooking? It does require some actual effort.
Or should we only make meals,containing no fewer than 15 ingredients, that require at least an hour of preparation time?

And I can't imagine anything worse than pasta with parmesan and pesto. Both are the devil's food.grin

TheBolter Sun 23-Aug-09 19:46:14

It's alright actually. Not a lot different to vegetarian Lasagne.

Agree that tuna shouldn't be used.

Thunderduck Sun 23-Aug-09 19:46:30

Chicken with pasta is delicious.

PixiNanny Sun 23-Aug-09 19:47:07

Normal, cheesey white sauce pasta bake is good, wouldn't agree with tuna, vegetarian as I am

TheBolter Sun 23-Aug-09 19:47:15

Stay frosty - as with lasagne it's put back in the oven to melt the cheese on top.

Thunderduck Sun 23-Aug-09 19:48:12

I don't tend to make pasta bakes as such, but I love to make vegetable or seafood linguine then sprinkle some mozzarella over the top, wrap it all in foil with some sauce and put it in the oven for 10-15 minutes. It's much nicer that way.

izyboy Sun 23-Aug-09 19:48:16

I dont really like the thought of it but when I have it, it is often fairly pleasant, if not done too dry. Didnt realise it was an indication of class tho'.

Rhian82 Sun 23-Aug-09 19:48:34

I love pasta bake, it's a different meal from pasta and I think it's gorgeous, especially the melted cheese on top.

Not with tuna though. Why does everyone think you have to have tuna with it?

StayFrostysOtherSister Sun 23-Aug-09 19:49:28

Ahhhh. I see. well imo it is making unnecessary washing up. grin

my mum used to make it with crisps under the cheese, back in the 80s. this to me was highly sohpisticated. she also made a thing with corned beef, baked beans and potatoes which was delicious.

GirlsAreLoud Sun 23-Aug-09 19:51:35

Food snobbery has nothing to do with class marymotherofcheeses, tis to do with pretension doncha know?

You lot might all sit here banging on about tossing around pesto and parmesan but I'll wager you all have some nasty foods you secretly love.

OUt and proud I say.

TheBolter Sun 23-Aug-09 19:52:27

Corned Beef Hash? My mum used to make that too wink she'd alternate it with Toad in the Hole on Saturdays.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 23-Aug-09 19:54:55

I have to say I laughed at food needing to be "honest".

What's that about then? "It wasn't me guv, it was the tuna. I'd be a normal al forno kind of pasta but the tuna made me do it"

StayFrostysOtherSister Sun 23-Aug-09 19:55:01

Is that corned beef hash? it was nom nom nom anyway. Such a shame there is no veggie alternative.

cheshirekitty Sun 23-Aug-09 19:55:15

I once put tuna (canned) into spag bol (yes, it also had mince in it).

I blame the fact I had just done 7 12 hour night shifts.

StayFrostysOtherSister Sun 23-Aug-09 19:56:05

I can't believe I never knew what corned beef hash was despite eating it every week for years.

I have no business being on a food thread.

trefusis Sun 23-Aug-09 19:58:56

Message withdrawn

The words repulse you? In that case YABU. They are perfectly useful and inoffensive words. You would be sad if you lived in a world without the words 'pasta' and 'bake'.

shonaspurtle Sun 23-Aug-09 20:05:22

What about if it's called macaroni cheese?

oldraver Sun 23-Aug-09 20:15:14

I dont mind tuna just tossed turned over in pasta but cant stand it if its actually hot or 'cooked'. I can remember having to make tuna stuffed peppers at school and I was heaving

JackBauer Sun 23-Aug-09 20:16:51

DD's favourite food is my pasta bake, although it is just lasagne that I have chucked dry pasta shapes in so they can actually eat it.
Nothing wrong with pasta bakes as long as
a - they don;t have to be reconstituted from a packet or
b - they don't involve hot tuna, bleurgh

PixiNanny Sun 23-Aug-09 20:28:30

I just made myself a pasta bake for dinner now

BitOfFun Sun 23-Aug-09 20:34:35

What is the problem with hot tuna?

And ROFL at food having to be honest- reminds me of that Grand Designs guys banging on about integrity.

What's wrong with hot tuna? Tuna on pizza is a perfectly valid topping.

shatteredmumsrus Sun 23-Aug-09 20:40:44

I have to agree that warm tuna doesnt do it for me but the word repulsed is a bit strong!lol

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Sun 23-Aug-09 20:44:15

lasagne and cannelloni are pasta bakes, aren't they? and my italian pal does something yummy with mahoosive rigatoni. but no. no baked tuna.

Hulababy Sun 23-Aug-09 20:45:05

I live pasta done in the oven be it pasta bake, lasagne, canelloni (sp?), etc. I live it with tuna too, be it fresh or tinned - although I don't like tinned tuna cold much. I like th was the cheese goes a bit crisy round the sides.

I think things like pasta bake is real comfort food.

No idea why people would consider it lazy food though hmm Takes as long as many other dishes once you have made the sauces, etc.

Hulababy Sun 23-Aug-09 20:48:18

"By StayFrostysOtherSister on Sun 23-Aug-09 19:45:47 Don't get pasta bake. don't get the point of cooking pasta on the cooker top then putting it in the oven and cooking it again. wtf? "

You don't have to cook the pasta twice; any can go straight in the oven so long as the sauce is wet enough.

I actually prefer a roasted veggie pasta bake to tuna.

I do link pasta with pesto, etc. too but they are a different kind of meal, not in the comfort food stakes at all.

piscesmoon Sun 23-Aug-09 20:52:11

It's just pasta in the oven-it doesn't have to be tuna. I like it and it makes a cheap meal.

hatesponge Sun 23-Aug-09 20:54:25

YABU

theres nothing wrong with pasta bake.
or warm tuna.
if you don't like it, don't eat it. but I fail to see the need for all this faux snobbery about it being lazy cooking etc hmm

mrswoolf Sun 23-Aug-09 20:57:41

I stuff the giant shell pasta (Sorry 'proper' name escapes me, begins with a 'c') with mozzarella and ricotta cover with tomato sauce and parmesan and bake. Is quite simple and the children like it, yabu.
Tuna pasta bake doesn't sound entirely appealing, so yanb entirely unreasonable.

sweetnitanitro Sun 23-Aug-09 20:59:15

YABU. I made a lovely pasta bake the other day with roasted mediterranean veg and cherry tomatoes. I had loads of left over veg grin and it wasn't remotely lazy, it took ages to make. The stuff out of the jars is minging though.

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Sun 23-Aug-09 22:02:11

class issue! some of you are seriously chippy. just makes me boak i can't help it.

stleger Sun 23-Aug-09 22:05:06

I am trying to increase the types of food my dd1 (she is 16) will eat...pasta bake sounds a possibility I hadn't considered. Thanks!

Heated Sun 23-Aug-09 22:06:05

Dh has just asked if we could have macaroni cheese this week - yum!

OrmIrian Sun 23-Aug-09 22:07:25

Really?

Why?

MrsMattie Sun 23-Aug-09 22:07:26

Bloody love a good pasta bake. Chicken, very sweet fresh tomato sauce, loadsa basil, mozarella on top. Great meal.

OrmIrian Sun 23-Aug-09 22:08:20

And do the words repulse you seperately? Or just together?

MrsBarbaraKingstanding Sun 23-Aug-09 22:12:17

What is more 'honest' about cooking pasta on thr stove top than cooking it in the ovenhmm?

Just differnt ways of cooking it, both with some recipes I like and some I don't.

Italians cook it in both ways.

personally not keen on hot tuna though.

OrmIrian Sun 23-Aug-09 22:15:07

snort at honesty! Mum talks about the stew she used to be given at her convent school that was known as 'little pools of mystery'. Is this similar? Otherwise I am bemused...

ttalloo Sun 23-Aug-09 22:22:12

I think pasta bake is revolting when it's just sauce from a jar poured over some pasta and chucked in the oven. Something like lasagne or cannelloni might be baked in the oven but it's in a completely different league to pasta bake! I don't know why I have such an aversion to it - maybe because I just don't cook that kind of food. And even if I liked pasta bake, admitting to it, never mind presenting DH with one made from a jar, would probably be grounds for divorce, as his family is Italian.

Heated Sun 23-Aug-09 22:29:14

Ok, now you're throwing jars into the mix...is there really is such a thing a tuna pasta bake in a jar?

Can't stand jar stuff myself or the glutinous mess that comes as prepackaged pasta meals.

Good pasta and simple ingredients are just lovely and so little fuss.

notanumber Sun 23-Aug-09 22:47:22

Macaroni cheese is totally delicious, but it's one of those things that loads of people wrongly hate for some reason. I'm a teacher and when I eat school dinners, it's always the meal that no-one (except me) chooses.

Also <<coughs and looks shamefaced>> I love those Homepride pasta bake jars. Haven't had one in years as DH says that he'd rather cut off his own head than allow that shit near his or anyone he loves digestive system. Bastard.

JodieO Sun 23-Aug-09 22:50:28

What's wrong with a pasta bake? They're not all tuna you know, shock horror. I make veggie ones which are lovely.

MrsBarbaraKingstanding Sun 23-Aug-09 22:57:02

Pasta (any kind) layered with tomato sauce (made with fersh tomates) sliced mozzarella and basil, reapeat x2.

BAKE.

Does that soind replusive? It's delicious.

Heated Sun 23-Aug-09 23:01:55

Amen

sheepgomeep Sun 23-Aug-09 23:04:43

macaroni cheese is disgusting.. had the canned stuff once and that was enough to put me off all forms of macaroni cheese for life.

Tuna pasta bake yum yum

yes, whats wrong with pasta bake?? jar of pb +cooked pasta+chopped onions+red peppers+mushrooms+ chicken OR chopped up sausages yummy. hate tuna pasta bake mind you. and no I dont think thats a lazy meal, youve still have to cook the pasta and chop+cook the veg before adding it all together and springling cheese on topsmile

EyeballsintheSky Sun 23-Aug-09 23:09:09

I admit to using the jars because it's a cheap meal but I'm not proud of it. Please can someone tell me how to make it without jars and I'll never use them again. Saw recipe above but not that keen on huge amounts of mozarella

NotanOtter Sun 23-Aug-09 23:11:38

i'll wager proper italian cooks dont cook pasta this way

smacks of 1980s cook-in-sauces to be

hot tuna <barf>

NotanOtter Sun 23-Aug-09 23:12:50

doddle though but you have to 'catch' the pasta to prevent over cooking

(not literally wink)

gagamama Sun 23-Aug-09 23:13:21

Would you have such a problem with it if it was conchiglie al forno con tonno? And is it really that bloody different to a lasagne? Just with tuna instead of mince and different shaped pasta. YABU. And slightly unhinged.

emkana Sun 23-Aug-09 23:13:48

just because Italians don't do it doesn't mean it's a bad thing though does it?

MrsBarbaraKingstanding Sun 23-Aug-09 23:18:42

Italians do do it.

Even some 'proper' ones.

Tidey Sun 23-Aug-09 23:21:52

Not my favourite meal, but it's not bad once in a while. Chicken, bacon, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, red onion, some nice sauce.. and some pasta if there's enough room left. Loads of cheese of top. Mmm.

Not with tuna though, no.

GeneHunt Sun 23-Aug-09 23:22:01

I make it with a tin of condensed tomato soup and onions, garlic, courgettes, peppers and sweetcorn with either bacon or tuna. Very tasty. Good way to use up bits and bobs.

lowlandlady Sun 23-Aug-09 23:32:01

NYANBU

dh is the same. His m fed the family TPB for years when they were broke. He now can't eat anything like it and literally gets a bit hysterical when I threaten it.

mumeeee Sun 23-Aug-09 23:54:35

YABU. The only fish dd2 will eat is tuna and she loves tuna pasta bake.

raffyandted Mon 24-Aug-09 00:44:38

YABU. And it's not 'Lazy' cooking, what rubbish. Who says good food has to be slaved over for hours?

Pouring a carton of sauce over pasta and bunging it in the oven isn't exactly 'cooking' I agree but so what? If it's a fresh vegetable sauce it's quite nutritious, it's quick, tastes nice & everyone happy.

I do sometimes make a proper pasta bake from scratch & that does take as long as many more 'worthy' meals. And I do it with either chicken or tuna, so there! grin

Now tinned salmon, that is something that is truly the devils work. DH loves it & I can't stand the smell, look or even texture of it. It's all those little bones & grey bits and it's so fishy

Mumcentreplus Mon 24-Aug-09 00:57:47

tinned salmon? <<faints at whiff from can>>

Pasta bake can be lovely..depends on the sauce, the seasoning,the accompliments..you just don't chuck a jar in some cheap pasta and hope for the best because it will taste crap!..but a good sauce,some crushed black pepper,fresh herbs,chilli,roasted veg and ciabatta rubbed with fresh garlic & butter,herby/cosmo salad.. Yum!

janeite Mon 24-Aug-09 14:07:05

Gah to tinned salmon too.
And double gah to anything made with tinned tuna AND tinned soup.

Macaroni cheese however, can be lovely when made properly. TINNED macaroni cheese, on the other hand, is not food - it is a building material.

PeedOffWithNits Mon 24-Aug-09 14:14:56

pasta bake, with or without tuna, yummy

proper macaroni cheese is nothing like the tinned stuff (that tastes of baby food)

canned salmon, with all those chalky bones (boak) - why does MIL think canned salmon sandwiches are so nice and posh for sunday tea, makes me shudder!

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 14:33:30

By ttalloo on Sun 23-Aug-09 19:42:11
YANBU - think it's a revolting and lazy way of "cooking", while pretending to put some actual effort into it; far tastier and more honest just to toss some pesto and parmesan into cooked pasta

LOL. WTF are you on about, love. grin

Personally love pasta cooked in the oven, those huge penne tubes, with a good, honest tomato, olive and anchovy sauce with parmesan.

DD also makes it and throws in all sorts of things she likes - tuna and sweetcorn, sometimes, chorizo and red onion, ham and mushroom, all mixed with a tin of tomatoes, some paprika (in the chorizo one), some herbs chopped and fried onion and celery at the start.

Why would this be dishonest cookery?

I want to know if Ttalloo's pesto has to be home-made or if we are allowed to use stuff from a jar.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 14:39:04

Don't be silly, it would have to be home grown organic pine nuts and parmesan made from the milk of the sacred cow.

TheFallenMadonna Mon 24-Aug-09 14:44:14

We have pasta bake after I've cooked too much pasta (am very bad at getting measurements right). Using leftovers surely very 'now'. If not 'honest'...

OrmIrian Mon 24-Aug-09 14:46:00

If you do 'honest' cooking do all the ingredients have to be ethical? Or can you cook honestly with food from a supermarket? Is Co-op OK?

sweetnitanitro Mon 24-Aug-09 14:51:12

I only use free-range basil, is that honest enough?

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 14:52:20

If I made my own sauce made of raw materials bought from Farm Foods or the spar shop, would that be honest. Or would buying an organic, fair trade, RSPCA accredited ready meal from Waitrose be more or less honest?

Tis a minefield.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 14:54:11

When DP makes spaghetti sauce he uses Dolmio because he likes it shock

I'm going to have to leave him, aren't I?

The dishonest bastard grin

moondog Mon 24-Aug-09 14:55:21

God Eleanor, I am soooo with you on this one.

Alsoanything involving

tuna
sweetcorn
Dolmio sauces
Chicken/Pork/Dog Tonight

Revolting revolting pigswill.

Yum love pasta bake, not with tuna being a veggie. But with peppers and sweetcorn and lots of cheese!

morningpaper Mon 24-Aug-09 15:01:35

I have been won over to Dolmio bolognese sauce because my common husband and children like it after having it at a relative's house

And it is quite NICE not having to wash up any KNIVES

If you have a couple of glasses of wine first then it tastes similar to home made

morningpaper Mon 24-Aug-09 15:02:29

I don't UNDERSTAND pasta bake though

It seems like a lot of eletricity would be wasted to do the job of a tiny amount of gas

<been reading the Guardian for too long>

TheFallenMadonna Mon 24-Aug-09 15:05:14

But I use pasta I have already cooked, that is superfluous. It would be wasted food otherwise. Can't do wasted food. My parents have done their job well on me...

BonsoirAnna Mon 24-Aug-09 15:07:02

Lasagne is baked pasta, surely? Cannelloni too.

A good lasagne is delicious.

But I completely concur about "tuna pasta bake". WTF?

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 15:07:39

I think the main point is the lovely parmesan crust on the top when it has been baked.

ginormoboobs Mon 24-Aug-09 15:08:16

YABU
Tuna pasta bake =
Homemade tomato sauce packed with veggies,
Cooked pasta ,
Tin of tuna,
Homemade cheese sauce,
Grated cheese.
So lovely grin
My kids love it. The eat a portion of oily fish , carbs , veg and dairy in one meal. Ideal food for a child imo.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 15:09:53

Yes, ginorboobs, I agree. Nowt dishonest there.

Narketta Mon 24-Aug-09 15:16:45

My 3.5yr old DS is such a fussy eater but if I make pasta bake he empties his plate and asks for more.
Empty plates and full tummies are whats important so if it means i'm lazy on the one day a week that I cook pasta bake then so be it
<sticks tongue out and blows raspberry emoticon>

melmog Mon 24-Aug-09 15:19:17

Shoot me. I love a bit of tuna pasta bake AND I make a wicked macaroni cheese.

So yes, yabu.

Bleh Mon 24-Aug-09 15:19:45

YABU.

Pasta bak made with that Homepride sauce is nectar I tell you.

Warm tinned tuna, however, in any form, is the work of the devil. Disgusting.

mamadiva Mon 24-Aug-09 15:20:40

Sausage and bacon pasta bake is delicious but smells like shit mixed with ketchup

moondog Mon 24-Aug-09 15:24:17

Anyone who is too lazy [or stupid] to make either a white sauce or a tomato sauce from scratch deserves to be shot.

DD ate a plate of seconds of tuna pasta bake a couple of days ago, and pronounced it better than fishfingers, chips, beans and ketchup. She is a terrible eater, so I'm not going to reject something that gives her fish, dairy, carbs and veg in one crispy-topped package.

MiL did us a Homepride one once, saltiest thing EVER.

littlenamelessunrememberedacts Mon 24-Aug-09 15:25:52

I can't STAND warm tinned tuna in any kind of tomatoe crap, especially if sweetcorn is involved, and flabby flubbery white pasta

tastes like fishglue

morningpaper Mon 24-Aug-09 15:26:46

Hmm yes - my mum recently cleared out her cupboards and donated to me a sachet of white sauce mix

now WHAT is that about? It doesn't make ANY sense

ThePregnantPhantomPlopper Mon 24-Aug-09 15:30:07

Oh God I would kill someone for a tuna pizza right now.

I don't mind tuna pasta bake, a proper one, not from a jar or packet. My Mum used to force feeds us this weird, watery, bright PINK tuna pasta bake from a packet. Twas truly hideous.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 15:33:08

I love tuna on top of pizza. Also love and adore tuna fishcakes, they are so easy to make from yesterday's mash potato leftovers (not that there ever is any left).

BonsoirAnna Mon 24-Aug-09 15:42:15

The only possible two uses of tinned tuna are pasta with tuna and capers while on holiday on a small Mediterranean island and Salade Niçoise grin

littlenamelessunrememberedacts Mon 24-Aug-09 15:45:44

tuna mayo sarnies/baked spuds with lots of black pepper and lemon juice = nice

herladyship Mon 24-Aug-09 15:46:26

pasta bake and macaroni cheese are both yummy,not that keen on tuna in any form tbh though..

can't believe that you can even purchase tinned macaroni cheese - sounds vomit inducing shock maybe that is what DD had at school, macaroni cheese is her favourite but when she had it for a hot school meal she informed me it was awful and 'smelt like sick' [barf]

TheFallenMadonna Mon 24-Aug-09 15:47:56

Pizza with tuna, anchovies and capers. Mmm.

You know, I think it would be very sad to have such a snobby attitude refined palate that I couldn't enjoy pasta sauce from a jar.

BonsoirAnna Mon 24-Aug-09 15:49:55

Pasta sauces in a jar are a total rip off! They cost a fortune compared with making your own.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 15:51:49

I want salade nicoise now.

MaggieLeo Mon 24-Aug-09 15:52:53

i like it, children like it, fairly healthy, fairly cheap.

can't eat lobster thermidor every night.

Thunderduck Mon 24-Aug-09 15:53:01

In honour of this thread I will be using Lloyd Grossman's tomato and chili sauce and tinned tomatoesshock to make a chorizo pasta dish tonight.grin

And to make it even worse I didn't raise, slaughter and make the chorizo. I bought it!

Thunderduck Mon 24-Aug-09 15:53:32

Raise and slaughter the pig then make a chorizo with it I should say.

PS The pasta is shop bought too.

TheFallenMadonna Mon 24-Aug-09 15:54:02

Actually, cheap ones don't cost more really. I think we trot out the 'it costs less to do it yourself' line while looking at premium ranges rather than value. I think we say it because we can then be outraged at people spending money on things we disapprove of...wink

littlenamelessunrememberedacts Mon 24-Aug-09 15:55:21

if you must buy jars, the cheaper ones often have less crap in them anyway

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 24-Aug-09 15:56:03

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 24-Aug-09 15:56:51

Message withdrawn

TheFallenMadonna Mon 24-Aug-09 15:57:12

grin at "if you must buy jars" (my emphasis...)

BonsoirAnna Mon 24-Aug-09 15:57:20

Making my own pasta sauces in huge batches is one of my few really economical kitchen habits smile.

littlenamelessunrememberedacts Mon 24-Aug-09 15:58:01

[vinegar-on-top-lip face]

grin

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 24-Aug-09 15:58:07

Message withdrawn

sweetnitanitro Mon 24-Aug-09 15:58:08

I just make a big batch of tomato-based sauce and then freeze it into portions, it freezes pretty well and tastes much nicer than the stuff in jars.

Thunderduck Mon 24-Aug-09 15:58:17

Dawn's a bit early for me. I'm a night owl. How about dusk?

moondog Mon 24-Aug-09 15:59:19

I'd rather have a cheesed sandwich or a boiled egg than jars of sauce Maggie. Nowt to do with being posh.It's to do with not wanting to eat shite.

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 24-Aug-09 15:59:57

Message withdrawn

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 16:00:17

Don't eat at all.

I mean, how common.

Thunderduck Mon 24-Aug-09 16:01:26

Diced Tomatoes in Juice (75%), Tomato Paste, Sunflower Oil, Sugar, Garlic Puree (3.1%), Basil (2.8%), Sea Salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Concentrated Lemon Juice, Black Pepper.

The ingredients of the sauce that I'll be eating later. What's so awful about that?

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 24-Aug-09 16:03:15

Message withdrawn

Thunderduck Mon 24-Aug-09 16:03:24

I often make sauces but this thread is making me want to buy jars of pasta sauce.

I use tinned tomatoes as the base for my sauce though. I refuse to spend time peeling tomatoes, cooking them and sieving them.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 16:03:40

I make very good curries from scratch, grind own spices and all that nonsense.

The rest of the time I just cobble any old stuff together in as quick a time as possible.

Pasta bake is very high on the list of easy stuff to cobble together on a working night. Don't use pasta bake jars personally, but i don't think it is a crime deserving of execution if people do.

Bleh Mon 24-Aug-09 16:05:59

Well, I don't normally buy pasta in jars. I even weaned DP off them, and he now makes sauces for pasta from scratch [preen]. But for the Homepride pasta bake (last eaten by me, 2001) is the exception. I don't know what it is about it, but YUM.

stleger Mon 24-Aug-09 16:07:30

Is passata OK, or do I need to squish real proper tomatoes? Honestly?

OrmIrian Mon 24-Aug-09 16:11:09

OK, I have just made a dish with sliced courgettes, tomatoes, onions, garlic and chilli and lots of olive oil. I will be baking it later and serving it with pasta. Is that OK I wonder. It's made with home grown veg so I think it's honest. TBH I haven't had the chance to examine it's probity in depth as yet. However I beleive that it is fairly sound.

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 24-Aug-09 16:11:42

Message withdrawn

Lizzylou Mon 24-Aug-09 16:12:50

Passata? Hmm, were the organic tomatoes squished by the (very clean)feet of Italian virgins?
If so, it's fine smile

Thunderduck Mon 24-Aug-09 16:13:27

I presume that you've used shop bought pasta Orimirian,that isn't acceptable.

OrmIrian Mon 24-Aug-09 16:15:05

Aghhh! Noooo.... I shall grill it mercilessly to find out it's intentions.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 16:16:30

Yes, and is your olive oil single estate extra virgin, procured from a boutique deli?

Don't think your dish will stand up to much scrutiny, tbh wink

Bleh Mon 24-Aug-09 16:17:25

Yes, yes, it has to be homemade pasta. Shop bought Will Not Do [flashback to thread by nutter woman who was upset because her nanny fed her PFB child M&S ravioli]

Thunderduck Mon 24-Aug-09 16:18:47

Good plan. Your olive oil looks a bit suspect too. I do hope you're using extra virgin.

Thunderduck Mon 24-Aug-09 16:19:23

That was one of my favourite threads ever Bleh.grin

stleger Mon 24-Aug-09 16:20:06

My passata is organic as it is oddly cheaper than shop's own brand. AND my olive oil is organic Tunisian, the 4th largest exporter of olives in the world according to a taxi driver. BUT I can't use the Tunisian oil in a pasta dish, can I?

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 16:20:15

That was a very funny thread.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 16:20:54

lol at random taxi driver info

Thunderduck Mon 24-Aug-09 16:23:34

No you can't use it. That would be dishonest.

Bleh Mon 24-Aug-09 16:36:01

Hm. Yes. Tunisian wouldn't work. It has to be extra virgin olive oil, organic, the olives crushed by the delicate toes of Italian virgins/nuns. Tunisian indeed.

herladyship Mon 24-Aug-09 16:36:03

the chicken and vegetable fajitas that i am going to eat tonight have just told me that they contain NO calories..

they also whispered that it would be a good idea to have a glass of wine with them..

do you think they are being honest wink

WidowWadman Mon 24-Aug-09 16:39:27

I love pasta bake, usually do it either with just a simple tomato sauce or a bolognese and mozarella on top, or with brocolli and ham, a white sauce and cheddar on top.

Wouldn't dream of putting tuna in, though.

And what is wrong with lazy cooking anyway? Lazy is buying ready made pasta bake or lasagna, which I'm only rarely guilty off when I really cba, but I wouldn't have thunk that cooking it from scratch is any lazier than cooking, say, pasta and a pasta sauce from scratch and not melting cheese over it at the end.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 16:39:32

lol herladyship - I think your fajitas are naught little scoundrels

ginormoboobs Mon 24-Aug-09 16:54:58

My mum loves tinned macaroni cheese. It looks like baby food and when you heat it up it smells like baby sick - bleuuurgh.
She makes a lovely homemade maccaroni so it's not like she can't cook. She actually enjoys the tinned stuff.

princessmel Mon 24-Aug-09 17:29:18

I have just started to make a basic pasta bake, with chicken, tomato sauce and was going to layer it with mozzarella. But......it is 4 days past its date. dh says it's fine. I'm nearly 32weeks pregnant so will not be eating it. (I'm doing separate dishes as dh's will be cooked later when he's home from football)

Would you eat it? Cheese lives for ages...but mozzarella is diff...?

Bleh Mon 24-Aug-09 17:30:19

Does it smell a bit off? Mozzarella can also start going a weird pinky colour, so maybe check if it's doing that.

princessmel Mon 24-Aug-09 17:31:40

Not sniffed yet, will do that now, hang on.

Ninks Mon 24-Aug-09 17:32:26

You can really tell when mozzarella goes off IMO if it is the soft stuff. It will taste bitter and the milk will smell grim.

princessmel Mon 24-Aug-09 17:37:59

Ok, not pink, doesn't smell. It looks fine

I shouldn't eat it though should I??

WidowWadman Mon 24-Aug-09 17:50:41

Of course you can eat it. Why shouldn't you?

princessmel Mon 24-Aug-09 17:51:33

Am am almost 32 weeks pregnant. Just want to be safe!!

stleger Mon 24-Aug-09 18:05:25

I am fairly sure I have never used real mozzarella ... despite my posh passata and olive oil.

princessmel Mon 24-Aug-09 18:14:27

What's the alternative to 'real' mozzarella then?? grin

stleger Mon 24-Aug-09 18:19:33

I'm sure I have bought it with good intentions, then not used it ... dd1 would refuse it. If not on pizza. Cheddar is the only acceptable cheese in our house.

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Mon 24-Aug-09 19:13:49

do you know what i love? tinned spaghetti. maaaaaaaan. on buttery toast. that stuff is great.

apart from that, the loyd grossman puttanesca is okay i think, so long as you thin it with more toms. but generally am a batch cook and have my roman recipe sauce always on the go.

Horton Mon 24-Aug-09 20:26:55

PMSL at 'white sauce mix'. Is that a sachet of flour, then?

I once saw omelette mix in cartons in Sainsburys, which listed in the ingredients (yes, you guessed it) eggs. Just eggs. Without shells, obviously.

I'm not keen on most bottled sauces but I do quite like the Lloyd Grossman ones, particularly the roasted garlic one.

And I LOVE pasta bakes of all kinds. Tuna pasta bake is lovely, IMO, esp with loads of black olives and sweet peppers.

Horton Mon 24-Aug-09 20:28:06

Also, tinned spaghetti is delicious. I especially love tinned spaghetti hot in a bowl with huge quantities of grated cheddar on top.

emkana Mon 24-Aug-09 20:29:16

ah how lovely and comforting to come across parallel universe MN again...

where people only own Egyptian cotton white bedclothes, wouldn't dream of using anything other than Farrow & Ball paints and are repulsed at the thought of pasta bake.

Love it. grin

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Mon 24-Aug-09 20:41:31

i'm repulsed at the thought of tuna pasta bake. i think making this into a snob thing is a bit bonkers, tbh. it was just a joke.

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Mon 24-Aug-09 20:42:55

aitch i suspect my name change inflamed matters somewhat.

Thunderduck Mon 24-Aug-09 21:03:08

What or who are Farrow and Ball? I'd never heard of them until I joined here.
They sound like solicitors.

stleger Mon 24-Aug-09 21:09:18

Don't they do lovely paint in lovely colours, sort of pre faded? (Or else boxes of veg)

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Mon 24-Aug-09 21:09:38

yes, eleanora, prolly.

td they make paint. i got our entire place done in their colours (oh so tasteful, lots of grey) but not their paint iykwim? you just get it mixed in a vinyl if you've got kids. grin

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Mon 24-Aug-09 21:11:05

you have to buy teh actually real paint to get the 'depth' of colour, snort

Thunderduck Mon 24-Aug-09 21:12:35

They make paint? I was hoping they made something terribly exciting that I'd actually want to purchase.

emkana Mon 24-Aug-09 21:13:20

lol

that's not exactly "honest" is it aitch wink

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Mon 24-Aug-09 21:13:21

they also make wallpaper!

stleger Mon 24-Aug-09 21:13:46

So what is the veg box company? (I am in Ireland...I get my veg from a little place down the road...it is a supermarket)

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Mon 24-Aug-09 21:24:31

oh yes, that's what people who buy the real stuff at fifteen zillion pounds a litre tell you, eleanora. but it's not true. grin

emkana, lapin once told me that her painter had said that nine times out of ten, if the painter buys the paint for the customer, they're getting mixes and putting them in old tins. shock

stleger Mon 24-Aug-09 21:31:48

My painter supplied us with trade paint but in new tins.

NotanOtter Mon 24-Aug-09 21:52:08

my painter told me that the trade stuff better quality than f and b

i dont believe it

colour mix machines are pants imo!

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Mon 24-Aug-09 21:54:43

my painter told me the same, and i must say that the people i know with kids and f&b do seem to spend a lot of time telling them NOT TO TOUCH THE WALLS!! grin

stleger Mon 24-Aug-09 21:57:09

Look at us all talking about 'My painter'. How very grand!

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Mon 24-Aug-09 21:58:32

lol

NotanOtter Mon 24-Aug-09 22:01:04

i paint my f and b with dulux special effects 'mattcoat' fantastic stuff

ReneRusso Mon 24-Aug-09 22:09:53

stleger are you thinking of Abel and Cole?

stleger Mon 24-Aug-09 22:19:48

Yes I am! I'd love to see my dh if he had to be given celeriac several times a week because they had sent a load. (Abel and Cole is kindof like the paint company name, same rhythm!)

NotanOtter Mon 24-Aug-09 22:24:24

stleger hmmm methinks a rap song may be in order

Abel and Cole ,Farrow,Ball kiss my ass and paint the wall

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Mon 24-Aug-09 23:05:25

so you pay for two lots of paint then, notanotter? yeah, that farrow and ball stuff is great, lol.

NotanOtter Mon 24-Aug-09 23:08:06

Aitch the dulux stuff is awfully pricey but worth every penny

the tiniest tiniest darkening of the shade but otherwise years of wipe clean paintwork

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Mon 24-Aug-09 23:11:57

it does sound good. our f&b copy is a lot less powdery than the real stuff (and cheaper).

OrmIrian Tue 25-Aug-09 08:19:09

I think that mozzarella always tastes gone off. How do you tell? And parmesan tastes of dried sick. But I know nothing of course.

My courgette bake was luverly. And fundamentally honest.

BonsoirAnna Tue 25-Aug-09 08:20:17

You are eating the wrong mozzarella and parmesan, OrmIrian smile

GetOrfMoiLand Tue 25-Aug-09 08:33:38

I loathe mozzarella but absolutely adore parmesan.

TheFallenMadonna Tue 25-Aug-09 11:47:13

Now if you're going to bring up mozarella, I have to mention DS's food ponce moment in an italian restaurant.

"Oohh - tomato and mozarella - is that buffalo mozarella?".

The shame. He was 6.

My mum was horrified...

TheFallenMadonna Tue 25-Aug-09 11:47:50

Or even mozzarella. He doesn't get it from me I tell you...

BonsoirAnna Tue 25-Aug-09 11:48:30

We are having buffalo mozzarella for lunch smile. With extra virgin olive oil grin

TheFallenMadonna Tue 25-Aug-09 11:50:42

envy

BonsoirAnna Tue 25-Aug-09 11:51:26

And I must get it ready as we have to leave for the cinema in under an hour...

Thunderduck Tue 25-Aug-09 11:52:00

She's most definitely eating the right parmesan. That's how all parmesan tastes.

This is why. ''Butyric acid is notably found in rancid butter, parmesan cheese, and vomit, and has an unpleasant odor and acrid taste, with a sweetish aftertaste.''

BonsoirAnna Tue 25-Aug-09 11:53:25

No no no! There are lots of different parmesans, different ages etc and they certainly don't taste of vomit.

NEVER buy ready grated parmesan unless you are very sure indeed of the quality.

Thunderduck Tue 25-Aug-09 11:55:12

They do taste like vomit,or certainly they smell of it as I can't bring myself to eat it. Papaya also tastes of vomit, and many goat's cheeses also do.

moondog Tue 25-Aug-09 11:56:15

Otter, am shaking with mirth at your paint rap. [I insisted my garden wall was pimped with F & B, much to dh's irritation.]

OrmIrian Tue 25-Aug-09 13:00:49

Ha! Vindication thunderduck! It does indeed taste like vomit <gavel>

grin

My mum bought me a lump of the stuff ungrated from the Italy. Twas supposed to be the proper job! It still tasted like vomit.

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Tue 25-Aug-09 13:04:33

goat's cheese does not smell of vomit. it smells like goat urine.

Thunderduck Tue 25-Aug-09 13:08:16

I'm not terribly familiar with the scent of goat urine so I couldn't comment on that.

I have however tried a goat's milk yoghurt, which was exactly as one would imagine licking a goat would taste.

OrmIrian Tue 25-Aug-09 13:10:41

I find that goat/sheep products (including meat) tend to taste more like the animals smell than any other beasts. My newly omnivorous ex-veggie SIL cannot abide lamb because she reckons it tastes too sheep-like.

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Tue 25-Aug-09 13:10:52

male goats urinate on their own beards to attract the lady goats!

Thunderduck Tue 25-Aug-09 13:14:24

I love lamb, and goat is quite nice too, but their milk products leave a lot to be desired imho.

GetOrfMoiLand Tue 25-Aug-09 13:14:28

Agree papaya=vomit statement. Not parmesan, though, love it. It tastes meaty, somehow. (Hmm, meaty cheese, I am not really convincing anyone, am I!)

Red Bull also tastes and smells like vomit. Avocados have the texture of lard, urgh.

GreensleevesFlouncedLikeAKnob Tue 25-Aug-09 13:15:12

mangoes smell like concentrated infected wee

stleger Tue 25-Aug-09 13:18:55

I can't be doing with parmesan. My dentist was very impressed by dd1's stained teeth, which seemed to be caused by her drinking too much pomegranite juice. We are up for poncey family of the year award in the dentists.

Getorfmoiland - I think parmesan is very 'umami' and that's what makes it taste meaty - seem to remember something about it in Harold McGee Encyclopaedia of Food.

Re parmesan & vomit, my worst ever pasta recipe was a (supposedly authentic Italian hmm) recipe that was parmesan and lemon. Don't know whether the parmesan was not good or whether it was just that the lemon brought out the taste of the butyric acid, but the acidity of the lemon combined with the taste of the parmesan made the experience unpleasantly like vomiting in reverse.
Never again.

Abubu Tue 25-Aug-09 16:07:23

I don't mind pasta bake when I'm feeling lazy and want to make a simple meal.

DH can't stand it though.

I had an ex boyfriend make me a tinned tuna and sweetcorn pasta bake the first (and only) time he cooked for me. Apparently it was the only meal he could cook. That relationship didn't last too long..... wink

melmog Tue 25-Aug-09 16:32:55

Thought I'd drop in and let you all know I'm just about to start making a tuna past bake. Dh is popping home for a quick tea before a meeting and he suggested it as he loves it.

Will put cathedral city on top though, not parmesan. You lot have put me off.

tigerbear Tue 25-Aug-09 16:33:39

An MN classic - over 200 messages focused on the merits or various pasta dishes. How sad are we?

moondog Tue 25-Aug-09 17:55:12

rofl at Kathy's vomiting in reverse.

Gnitimov surely?

GetOrfMoiLand Tue 25-Aug-09 17:58:42

Kathy - there is a Nigella recipe in how to eat which is lemon linguine - ingredients (iirc) were lemon, eggs and parmesan.

I was so pleased and proud of myself until i actualluy tasted it. Vile. It made dd cry: 'Do I have to eat this, mummy?'

Yes, have read about umami in Heston Blumenthal. Was trying to think of it earlier but forgot thw word. Is like something Vic and Bob would say in Shooting Stars grin

OrmIrian Tue 25-Aug-09 19:19:26

Gnitimov? Hmm.....I can see a baby name thread coming up.

Wow Getorf, eggs are the one thing I can think of that would have made the one I did even more vomitous.

mammamic Fri 28-Aug-09 16:43:52

haven't read the whole thread but feel compelled to make a couple of points.

the reason pasta tuna bake doesn't work is that most, if not all, pasta fish dishes should NOT have any cheese of any type in them. Most italians would probably refuse to even taste such a combination, let alone eat it.

and the lemon, parmesan pasta dish. this is indeed a popular, authentic dish and I had it less than 2 weeks ago, cooked by my BF at her place in Italy. it's a really basic recipe and DELICIOUS

there are loads of recipes but this is the easiest, simplest and tastiest

for four ppl
2 lemons
olive oil
sea salt
parsley
parmesan

put water to cook pasta on to boil, salt it and add one of the lemons cut in half - don't squeeze or anything, just put in the water
grate plenty of good fresh parmesan or grana padana but is must be FRESHLY GRATED
grate the zest of the other lemon into the parmesan.
when the pasta is 'al dente', drain it, take the lemons out, return pasta to pan
add the parmesan and grated lemon zest to the pasta - mix well
serve with a sprinkling of very finely chopped parsley and a little splash of olive oil.

Go on, try it, you'll be pleasantly surprised..... wink

it's healthy, good for you and cheap

MissAnnesley Fri 28-Aug-09 16:52:18

I once saw the Richard bit of Richard & Judy doing his favourite recipe which was a tin of tuna and a tin of mushroom soup poured over pasta and baked. It was years ago, I am quite sure he wouldn't do such a recipe now wink but by God it sounded orrible. Can't remember what he put on top.

But I think there is something rather wonderful about pulling a great dish of pasta out of the oven and everyone sharing it, or have I watched too many frozen pizza advertisements & am imagining myself as part of large bustling family in Tuscan hills etc...?

claw3 Fri 28-Aug-09 16:58:46

Ive just eaten a pot noodle and actually enjoyed it, so tuna pasta bake sounds like a food of the Gods to me. Im more slob than snob

Crazycatlady Fri 28-Aug-09 17:14:50

This thread is hilarious grin but you know what, YANBU at all to be repulsed by the words 'pasta bake'.

For me it's not so much the concept of an oven-baked pasta dish (which can be totally delicious if using high quality ingredients and a good recipe, e.g. lasagne, mac and cheese) but the connotations of the phrase 'pasta bake' itself. In my mind a pasta bake is a vile Uncle Ben's prepared sauce chucked over cheap pasta and shoved in the oven until gloopy and congealed on the inside and stiff as a board at each corner. Yuk.. It's student food at very best.

But then I am an Abel & Cole eating, Farrow & Ball painting snob wink

Mummy2Bookie Fri 15-Apr-11 08:03:17

Tuna pasta bake is one of our staples. Dd loves it with tomatoes. Dd loves anything with tomatoes.

altinkum Fri 15-Apr-11 08:26:58

why do some people think pasta bake is out of a jar hmm packet, and is a lazy food option hmm

pasta bake can take as long as other decent meal.

Pasta, butter, fresh low fat cream, flour, strong cheddar, diced onion, celery parsley, and add either tuna, (we dont do tin, we do fresh tuna) chicken etc... bung in the oven and presto hearty meal. we also do fresh ciabatta bread with sundried tomatoes and olives.

missymarmite Fri 15-Apr-11 08:30:53

DS and I love tuna pasta bake. I have made it from scratch before <<smug face emoticon>> not from a tin. It was yummy.

We equally enjoy a bit of pasta and red pesto, with parmesan. Ymmm!

YABVVVVVU!

LittleMissFluffBrain Fri 15-Apr-11 08:36:25

YABU. Bleedin' weirdo. grin Pasta bake is gorgeous, ESPECIALLY tuna bake!

iscream Fri 15-Apr-11 08:44:57

I just call it a casserole.

<HOUSE>

Mummy2Bookie Fri 15-Apr-11 19:06:36

I always make tuna bake from scratch. I didn't even know you could get it in a jar.

diabolo Fri 15-Apr-11 19:07:22

Dont like tuna pasta bake but meatball pasta bake is GORGEOUS.

grovel Fri 15-Apr-11 19:09:43

YANBU. Yuk.

SolarPanel Fri 15-Apr-11 19:11:25

Very old thread....

LDNmummy Fri 15-Apr-11 19:13:11

I make pasta bake with mozarella and spicy choritzo. No tuna in sight, and I make the tomato sauce from scratch so it suits my taste.

YABU

LDNmummy Fri 15-Apr-11 19:14:10

chorizo not choritzo blush

Mummy2Bookie Fri 15-Apr-11 19:22:55

Who cares if it's an old thread?some of the old ones are good.

gordyslovesheep Fri 15-Apr-11 19:24:23

Lloyd Grossman Pasta Alforno bake is fucking lovely so there

Mummy2Bookie Fri 15-Apr-11 19:35:40

Meatball pasta bake sounds fantastic

Bohica Fri 15-Apr-11 20:01:47

I've taken some lovely ideas from this thread.

yuk at packet white sauce.

whatsallthehullaballoo Fri 15-Apr-11 20:40:30

Well I made it tonight for my kids. Made my own cheese sauce, wholemeal pasta and tuna. They both enjoyed it so I will not complain! YABU - even if this thread is old.

pizzadelivery Fri 15-Apr-11 21:53:34

I cook a vat of mince etc every monthish, I then divide it and add bits to make into chilli and bolognese dishes. So will make lasagne and freeze, then bolognese and freeze.

Some weeks I defrost for spag bol, other weeks I chuck into leftover pasta, heat in the oven, add cheese and make a <whispers> pasta bake.

Don't really really see the difference tbh, just a different way of serving.

I use passatta and dried bay leaves in the sauce, also buy the pasta, don't know if the fresh basil, oregano, lentils and every vegetable know to man chopped up teeny tiny and thrown into the sauce can partially exonerate me?!

Half of us are vegie so actually make 2 vats!!

Mummy2Bookie Sat 16-Apr-11 09:54:17

I know what you mean now by the stuffing a jar.I remember we tried it once. Horrible, stodgy and very salty. Yuk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now