My blood is boiling at this thread

(516 Posts)

Warning: contains link to a website full of selfish bridezillas worrying about how a woman breastfeeding at their wedding will ruin the day for them.
here

skihorse Fri 17-Jul-09 12:07:39

Doesn't surprise me at all... I was "gently let down" (invite retracted) because I didn't fit the ^aesthetic ideal^ of an EX-friend Bridezilla. shock

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Fri 17-Jul-09 12:08:46

you know BoF i some sympathy with the OP on that otehr board (though not for psoting on a wedding forum, that makes mepmsl) BUT its he comments that follow it that make me want to yell, OPs guest sounds unpleasant tbh

belgo Fri 17-Jul-09 12:09:12

shock at skihorse. Quite how did not not fit the aesthetic idea? How awful for you.

Agree smurfgirl, it's nice to have a quiet place to go and attend to baby stuff
However the children in discussion on that thread are toddlers I think. I think I personally wouldn't feed my DS during a wedding, simply because he wouldn't expect it during the day (not to mention all the screaming as he latches on - mine!). On the other hand I obviously wouldn't have a problem with someone else feeding their DC at a wedding, no matter what age. But I can also see why someone wouldn't want all that hassle at their wedding - your wedding day isn't the day when you want to be telling Great Uncle X to mind his own business and seeing a load of disapproving cats bums mouths. But is that the bfing mum's problem?? Probably not.

MorrisZapp Fri 17-Jul-09 12:10:26

Totally agree with Upwinds sensible and reasonable post.

The issue isn't the bride thinking that extended BF is wrong, it's about how she will handle dealing with others who won't be comfortable with seeing kids running around one minute and BF the next.

As for 'twatty bridezillas' not coming first at their own wedding - why attend at all if that's how you feel? Weddings aren't free, public events. They are organised and paid for by people who can do it however they like. I wouldn't want anybody at an event of mine if they were coming to make a statement about their childraising beliefs. I'd want them there primarily to join me in celebration.

I will bet that if a bride wanted to have public extended BF at her wedding but others were telling her not to then it would be all 'but this is her wedding, she can promote BF if she wants to, anybody who doesn't like it can feck off' etc.

ThingOne Fri 17-Jul-09 12:13:47

I don't have any friends who have been "twatty bridezillas". I do, sadly, have some friends who have been very badly treated by said selfish women.

skihorse Fri 17-Jul-09 12:18:23

belgo I'm a good size 14 and I don't live in TopShop! ;) She'd out-Bridezilla'd herself - she dis-invited about 20 people in the end - but her photo album will be worth of Elle! wink

Most definitely a "twatty Bridezilla" - in fact she'll be returning from honeymoon any day now back to nothing - she jacked in her job to Bridezilla 24/7...

saintdobby Fri 17-Jul-09 12:18:53

horrible woman

Hope it rains all day

shock skihorse
PLease tell us more details (start another thread if you need to) - how did she disinvite you and others? Do you still talk to her??

BitOfFun Fri 17-Jul-09 12:28:00

Ooh, yes, and put Twatty Bridezillas in the title somewhere, I bet people will have some great stories.

sarah1711 Fri 17-Jul-09 12:31:22

I am the OP on the thread you talking about. I applaud her for breastfeeding for so long, because of medical reasons at had to stop at the 9month mark. If you read the OP on the thread, It is about making every1 comfortable at the wedding. I asked for advice on how to make every1 at the wedding happy. And i wouldnt think for one moment that she would whip her breasts out for pictures!!! I am no Bridezilla just want the best day i can have as im not having it again!!!

addicted2weddings Fri 17-Jul-09 12:33:09

U lot r wankers 4 slaggin us off n calling us twatty bridezillas!

addicted2weddings Fri 17-Jul-09 12:33:31

fishwives!!!!

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Fri 17-Jul-09 12:34:09

soz hun

XXXXXXXXXXX

Peachy

BitOfFun Fri 17-Jul-09 12:35:06

I haven't suggested otherwise, sarah1711, and I hope you enjoy your day.

< awaits arrival of the Grammer Police from last night's Bounty thread >

grin

sarah1711 Fri 17-Jul-09 12:35:09

why would you want it to rain on my day for asking her to breast feed some where else? Not everyone has the same views and for that reason you being horrible about it. I would never try to make her feel like an outsider that was why i was asking for advice!!!

addicted2weddings Fri 17-Jul-09 12:35:40

awwww im sorry for calling u orrible names to hunny.

maybe we culd ave a vertal hug

BitOfFun Fri 17-Jul-09 12:36:54

Nobody was talking about you at that point Sarah. That was about a twatty bridezilla who wouldn't have anyone over a size ten as a guest, I believe.

addicted2weddings Fri 17-Jul-09 12:37:43

SAINTDOBBY wa bein orrible

sarah1711 Fri 17-Jul-09 12:39:21

Thank you I cant believe how strongly people feel about this topic!

TwattyBridezilla Fri 17-Jul-09 12:39:40

Yeah, no gobshites at my wedding thanks huns.

skihorse Fri 17-Jul-09 12:40:42

ROFL! Bridezillas are hunting in packs! grin

addicted2weddings Fri 17-Jul-09 12:40:53

look hun maybe we should stop all this bein bitchey 2 each other? yeah?

xxa2wxxx

MorrisZapp Fri 17-Jul-09 12:41:21

ThingOne used the term twatty bridezillas in reference to BF.

^^

addicted2weddings Fri 17-Jul-09 12:41:27

huntin?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now