..to throw the mooncup in the bin - as that's where it belongs?

(298 Posts)
RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:11:41

Message withdrawn

meemar Thu 28-May-09 12:13:11

pmsl at

"Now, before you all leap on me and say that this must be because I have an odd shaped fanjo, I haven't. Ask anyone.." grin

Bucharest Thu 28-May-09 12:15:01

YANBUatall (although I think we may be in a minority...) mine also went in the bin, (didn;t think there'd be many takers on ebay for a used-once one grin)after I spent a good half hour convinced I was having a do-it-yourself hysterectomy trying to get the fecker out. Terrified I was.

DeathbyDora Thu 28-May-09 12:15:54

Too scared to try it to be honest! [bit fat chicken emoticon]
The idea of shoving a cup up there freaks me out, have images of either needing to have it surgically removed or it pinging all over the bathroom when I try to remove it...

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:16:16

Message withdrawn

Sparkler Thu 28-May-09 12:16:47

Never used one, never want to. Just doesn't appeal to me at all. Much better things to do with my fanjo if you ask me - lmao grin

Sassybeast Thu 28-May-09 12:17:25

I'm with ya sista. Except I haven't got one to ditch. Anthing that can be inserted into your fanjo and then sterilised in a dishwasher is up there on my scale of too weird wink And having witnessed someone rinsing hers out in a restaurant toilet, going back in the cubicle presumably to re insert it, then leaving the toilet without washing her handsmade me come over all peculiar. Least I think it was a mooncup - it could have been a diaphragm.

DeathbyDora Thu 28-May-09 12:17:33

Oh Bucharest, you just made me snort my coffee all over the keyboard!! grin

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:18:06

Message withdrawn

jumpingbeans Thu 28-May-09 12:18:29

I am sure I read somewhere that your fango is normal, I don't think it was in that telephone box, but i'm not sure now

Sparkler Thu 28-May-09 12:18:35

shock You can put them in the dishwasher????!!!!!!! shock Ewwwwwwwwwwww now that's just not right.

yappybluedog Thu 28-May-09 12:18:40

I heard of someone emptying the contents to 'nourish their house-plants' shock

Bucharest Thu 28-May-09 12:19:04

Ah, but, the worst was, I'm in the south of Italy where they don't even really do tampons. Can you imagine their faces at A and E???????

Worriedunfortunately Thu 28-May-09 12:19:23

Sorry, I'm obviously not in the know here but...

why are you all putting cups up your bits???

Am I missing out? (grin)

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:19:24

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:20:00

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:20:40

Message withdrawn

Sparkler Thu 28-May-09 12:20:50

shock You can empty them in plants???!!! shock Nooooooooooo! grin

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:22:31

Message withdrawn

beatiebow Thu 28-May-09 12:23:35

I have tried mine for three months now I think. My prob is not getting it out but getting it to stay comfortably in.........

But will persevere for another month or so.

VinegarTits Thu 28-May-09 12:23:57

I have been tempted to lash mine in the past when
a) i have appeared from public toliets looking like i just slaughtered a chicken
b) i realised i may need a moon bucket when mine thus spillith over
c) i struggle getting to the sink with my kecks round my ankles and my hands covered in red gunk, trying not to touch the walls as i shuffle

However i am still perservering as i am thinking of the environment and there are times when i do love it (like not having to wear those bloody nappy-like-sanatry-towels for bed)

I hate santary towels with a passion and tampons tend to shoot out when i pee

Worriedunfortunately Thu 28-May-09 12:24:02

"I've been using the Mooncup for three years and it has been fantastic. I have a very heavy flow and used to use 2 x super plus tampons at a time, and a pad as well, and I would still be in a mess in an hour for the first 2 days of my period. Apart from saving me a fortune, and not supporting pharmaceutical giants, it is much gentler on your body than tampons. Try it, it is really worth it."

Gill

From Mooncup website (I looked it up!)

How did she get 2 x super plus tampons up at once??!

Caitni Thu 28-May-09 12:25:20

YANBU as you've given it a go but I'm sorry it's not worked out.

I use a keeper (what we called menstrual cups before they got rebranded to something that sounded less american and weird!) and have done for nearly 10 years - and I love it - it doesn't leak, it doesn't spill when I empty it (and in fact I sometimes add it to my compost pile but don't tell DH!). So hate to say it but if you're leaking then you're not putting it in properly as it's all about creating a vacuum seal.

I got mine for environmental reasons - sick of adding to landfill and not wanting bleach and other chemicals up my fanjo all day - but I do still remember my early struggles with it. It's hard to switch when you've been using tampons/pads all your menstruating life. But I'm glad I stuck with it (stuck it up) as I only need about 10 tampons a year (for things like flying - never want to run the risk of spilling it in a confined space with lots of people queuing outside...)

jumpingbeans Thu 28-May-09 12:27:27

lmfao @ vinegartits and her moonbucket oh my that was funny

Bramshott Thu 28-May-09 12:28:47

I have to say that I love mine (bought 2 months ago). It doesn't seem to leak, although getting it out is a bit of a knack, and I have learned to remove all of my pajamas before emptying it in the morning . . . I always used to leak through tampons, including at night, and no leakage with this so far, and I love only having to empty it twice a day!

If you bought it less than 3 months ago (or less than 3 cycles ago), you do know you can return it for a full refund don't you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now