..to throw the mooncup in the bin - as that's where it belongs?

(298 Posts)
RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:11:41

Message withdrawn

shinesun Thu 28-May-09 12:29:12

am i totally ignorant ? what is it?
like worriedunfortunately i am in the dark, sadly

Caitni Thu 28-May-09 12:30:11

Just seen all the other messages grin

Sassy noooo - that's so rank re not washing her hands. Think I'd be too chicken to actually empty it in front of others (my preference is for disabled toilets with a sink).

Have also never boiled mine (and dishwasher? Wtf?)...shall have to investigate the mooncup as things have changed in the decade I've been using my cup.

squirrel42 Thu 28-May-09 12:31:18

Mooncups are so made of win, but it's fine if you don't get on with them. There are lots of websites around giving advice on different folding methods, etc which might help the fit?

I for one would never go back!

ClaireDeLoon Thu 28-May-09 12:34:08

Do you have to position it over your cervix or does it just sit mid fanjo?

Luvoneson Thu 28-May-09 12:34:25

Sorry to sound really stupid. What is a mooncup? shall I google? Someone please tell me.

leonifay Thu 28-May-09 12:37:17

i'm pmlol at this thread, and i have 2 babys asleep so trying to do it quietly!
i dont have one and am too scared to try one, i'm the sort of person that would end up red faced in a+e with it stuck up there!
no its not for me!

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:37:59

Message withdrawn

In the interests of balence, I've had mine 3 months and have never had a leak, or spilage so far. The emptying is defn the scariest bit though.

I did nearly insert it upside down in a moment of absent-mindedness though. Not sure how that would have worked...

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:39:09

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:39:46

Message withdrawn

duchesse Thu 28-May-09 12:41:18

Mine leaks too- I used it for a year, but always had to have backup. It would be lovely not to need to use pads as well, and at least I was using far fewer pads, but still... Not sure entirely worth it. I kind of stopped using it some months before getting pregnant. < looking forward to many more months of amenorrhea >

CarGirl Thu 28-May-09 12:42:32

I only leak if I haven't emptied it often enough, let's just my periods are very heavy for the first few days........

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:43:35

Message withdrawn

Sycamoretreeisvile Thu 28-May-09 12:44:09

I am perservering.

I had to cut the pully out bit off though.

It was rubbing me up the wrong way, man. wink

geordieminx Thu 28-May-09 12:44:18

I can Never get mine out - I tried with it for 3 months then flung it into the drawer never to see the light of my -fanjo day again.

I really must have a super tight fanjo{{{{twirls}}}}}}}}}}

Caitni Thu 28-May-09 12:46:03

Shineon "keeper" is terrible, terrible name (especially as I had a "keyper" in the 80s and can still hum the "jeepers creepers what's inside your keyper" theme - creeps me out that my technical answer would now have to be "er, my endometrium?").

CarGirl Thu 28-May-09 12:46:07

well it's the vacuum thing then - is it those little holes getting clogged up?

TabithaTwitchet Thu 28-May-09 12:46:31

I bought one several months ago. As yet I have been to terrified to actually insert the stupid thing. I have several times stood in the loo with it in my hand. I have come close a few times, but at the psychological moment my courage always deserts me.

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:46:48

Message withdrawn

duchesse Thu 28-May-09 12:47:12

"Keeper" sounds like something dreamed up by a Dungeons and Dragons nerd, and that's not something you want anywhere near your fanjo.

jumpingbeans Thu 28-May-09 12:47:35

geordieminx, i read you post to quick, i thought it said you tried for 3 months to get it out

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 28-May-09 12:47:55

Message withdrawn

OMG!! Spat my tea all over the screen at Vinegartits!!

KingRolo Thu 28-May-09 12:54:55

Thanks for this thread shineon.

I have now decided, after much deliberation, not to buy a Mooncup when I finish BF.

Be needing the Tenalady though if I keep reading this thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now