To be deeply insulted by what dt2 (5) said to me this morning?

(110 Posts)
whoingodsnameami Wed 25-Mar-09 15:53:49

I was talking to her and noticed she was looking at me oddly, then she said, mum, you have teeth like spongebob!!!!!!!!
grin

I am still traumatised.

mummytopebs Mon 30-Mar-09 22:07:09

My dd 4 said to my mam when she had fell over and had a scab on her face 'ohhh yack a seagull has pooed on nanas face' - v funny

ooops...that was meant to say, mum your boobs look like a bum....not my mum grin

son#3 recently...."mum, your mum look like a bum"

kidowner Mon 30-Mar-09 21:53:19

Went to the Ashmoleon Museum,Oxford, quietly walked around.
We saw a sculpture of 'The Thinking Man' and whispered quietly to the children,'What do you think he's doing?'
DD said in a big voice echoing around the hall
"He's going to the toilet"

CaurnieBred Mon 30-Mar-09 12:23:21

I bought a nice, new hat - blue and white stripes - for the winter. I put it on once and DD (4) said "mummy, you look like Mr Bump". Haven't worn it since!

ShyTalk Mon 30-Mar-09 00:17:06

Hmm? - Mummy , are you putting on makeup? Yes.
Is that like R (teen sister) puts on? Yes. (heavens, I sound like Mr Tumble, yes?) R looks nice when she puts on makeup. Glutton for punishment asks - does that mean that I don't look nice with makeup? Answer - No, you don't). Oh dear. If I was susceptible, maybe I would need to visit Switzerland. Am stoic - as my makeup is so bad, maybe I should have a few more goes!

Clement Mon 30-Mar-09 00:14:21

My DD (5) and i were both undressed, standing next to each other looking through the laundry basket for her pants. Mh DH walked in and exclaimed "88!" i laugh every time i think about it....

Claire2009 Mon 30-Mar-09 00:05:29

DD age 3 : Mummy your just like jelly, wibbly wobbly...(I'm a size 12)

"I am 3, DS* is 2 & Mummy is 7" hmm LOL!!

luckylady74 Sun 29-Mar-09 23:45:45

woodstock - I feel your pain. Ds1 pointed to a photo of Bill Baily and said 'Mummy' when he was 2. I was positively happy when he pointed to a painting of Jesus and said the same grin

woodstock3 Sun 29-Mar-09 23:34:41

my niece aged 2.5: "you've got a big tummy like mummy's" (my sister was six months pregnant. i very much wasnt.)

ds, looking at family photos aged about 18 months. correctly identified ds, himself and his cousin in a photo but when i pointed at the one of me, and said "who's that then?" he said "granny"....
dh did not help matters by phsl for most of the day

dilemma456 Sun 29-Mar-09 21:39:29

Message withdrawn

My DS1 said to me

'Mummy your Pukku is like wobbly snakes, it wibbles and slides around for ages when you jump.' hmm

angry at you MIL on your behalf Marthasmama.

OK cool. I do see what you mean about a child finding the shape of a PG tummy a bit odd. I just get worried about DC picking up fatphobia as it's such a horrid mindset and so damaging.

Marthasmama Sun 29-Mar-09 11:16:28

SGB - He didn't think that anyone would realise that I was pg and that they would find my strange fat tummy funny. It was more to do with the fact that I was a funny shape than anything else. I thought it was funny and laughed it off, explaining to him that of course everyone would know I was pg. He has probably developed that attitude from the MIL who says helpful things like 'oh dear that girl was too fat to get married. Isn't she ashamed of herself?' We feel we have countered it and feel that he has a healthy attiude towards food etc. Thank you for your concern but we have a handle on it. wink

notsoclever Sun 29-Mar-09 10:35:35

I was visiting a friend who has the same name as my dd (L*).

Her son - Dan's friend was there to play and he said to me "so who are you then?"

Me: I am L*'s mummy

Him(thinking): So you are Dan's granny then?

sad

Marthasmama that's sad rather than funny and (though I hate to bring a downer onto a lovely funny thread) there is a chance your DS could develop an eating disorder: does someone in the family have eating problems? Because the ideas of associating shame and dislike with 'fatness' (have no idea what your weight is like, though if you are any bigger than a size 14 when not PG your DS already has a distorted idea of what human bodies should look like) is a dangerous one, especially in a young child.

Marthasmama Sun 29-Mar-09 09:06:40

Ds has also asked why I'm stripey. He also says 'Mummy you are feeling sad because you're fat' and 'I love you mummy, but I will love you more when you are skinny. You're all yucky when you're fat'. But my favourite was when I was 36 weeks pregnant with dd and we were going to SIL's wedding. DS was very concerned. He kept saying 'But mummy, you don't want to go do you? You want to stay home don't you.' I explained that I would be tired but I would like to go. 'But Mummy, I don't want you to go. People will laugh at you because you're so fat! Please stay at home, pleeeeeeeease!' Cheers son.

brimfull Sun 29-Mar-09 08:58:12

My ds was in the bath at me looking at my ladygarden with a shocked look and said:

"why have you got spiders on your willy?"

kidowner Sun 29-Mar-09 08:13:26

Sound of fart.
Me to Ds: (smiling kindly)What was that noise, was that you?
Ds: Not me.
(Shyly)I have a bee in my bottom.

Finona Sat 28-Mar-09 23:47:10

Caught up with an old friend from school, who was then going to visit and stay the night. I told DS (5) that we had a friend coming, and told him her first name, which is the same as mine. He said 'That's your name mummy! Is she fat like you?'

Not much I could say, apart from 'no, I don't think she is' sad And she wasn't.

EvaLongoria Sat 28-Mar-09 23:29:47

This really is very funny. I have loads from my little niece but cant stop laughing. My daughter is 17 months so only saying few words no sentences yet and boy I cant wait for this stage!
Might start writing them all down when she starts

wibblewobbly Sat 28-Mar-09 23:13:44

grin
This thread has so cheered me up after a shit day. Dont you just love em hey?

Thought Id add a story too

A couple of years ago I asked my little brother (12) if my bum looked big in the jeans I was wearing. He looked ... paused ... studied my behind... thought some more about it and then said 'NOT BIG, JUST WIDE.'

I cried the whole day!

BoffinMum Sat 28-Mar-09 23:09:00

DS2 looked at me with alarm as I got out of the bath, and asked incredulously, "Mummy, where has your willy gone??" grin

DS: (at playgroup, where the first part of this conversation is not infrequently heard)
I smell poo. SOmeone's done a poo. MUMMY! Have YOU done a poo in your pants?'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now