to think Delia is a bit of a tosser for saying' I am not a feminist - I like men'

(375 Posts)

Stick to the cooking theres a dearhmm

btw she was just on Womans hour if you want to listen.

ruty Mon 23-Mar-09 10:28:14

YANBU obviously. Didn't hear it but she sounds like a total prat.

Maria2007 Mon 23-Mar-09 10:28:29

Did she really say that?! Oh ffs.... what a ridiculous statement.

(I do like her cooking though...)

OrmIrian Mon 23-Mar-09 10:29:43

Yes, she did hmm

What does she think feminism is ?

I just think she is rather ignorant and obviously does not set herself up as a philosopher - but honestly she hasn't got a clue. If I didn't love my Delia cookbook so much I would bin it!blush

TheCrackFox Mon 23-Mar-09 10:31:19

FFS, what a twat. I am a feminist and I bloody love men.

BarStoolCobra Mon 23-Mar-09 10:31:29

Delia is wonderful at cooking.
But Not very Clever imo.
( see all that "chop small" stuff <shudder>)

Obviously she stopped thinking about the subject in the 70's and assumes that (as detailed in the maily dail) that all feminists are dungaree wearing lesbian, man-haters who think all men are potential rapists etc. etc.

Delia is a tosser. C'mon let's be 'aving you... or whatever it was she said in her Norwich City rant.

She should stick to talking about things she understands.

edam Mon 23-Mar-09 10:33:48

what a twonk.

tessofthedurbervilles Mon 23-Mar-09 10:34:17

c'mon you lot (hic!!!)

* next day *

'of course I wasn't drunk you silly people, I was just motivating the fans!'

Maria2007 Mon 23-Mar-09 10:34:52

And even in the 70s, it was only a particular group of feminists (those called 'radical feminists') that had that style. She obviously doesn't know what she's talking about.

we can be safe in assuming that Delia won't be writing 'Feminism made easy' next!wink

Oh dear, what a plonker. I'll stick with Nigella then.

traceybath Mon 23-Mar-09 10:36:46

She was very very annoying to say that - honestly how on earth is feminism still a dirty word!

Actually that might be quite good :-

- 'First remove the bra - heat to temperature of approx. 200 celsius till completey burnt.

Then prepare the dungarees and put on.

Take the man remove the offending appendage - chop small.' or words to that affect....

What a stupid thing for her to say.

What was so feminist about dungarees anyway? Never understood that bit...

Very unhelpful remark from Delia imo.

I have worn dungarees (very comfy) and consider myself a feminist - not sure where the specific dungaree/ feminsit link came from though (I blame Viz character 'Millie Tant').

Lawks Mon 23-Mar-09 10:45:32

I fucking despise women who claim not to be feminists. Otherwise intellegent and articulate women bleating that "they're not a feminist, but...". Yes. You are a feminist. And quite right too. And if you're not then you are a dimwit.

edam Mon 23-Mar-09 10:47:04

quite, lawks - always want to ask them, 'so, you believe women are inferior to men, then? Did you ask your boss to pay you less than a man would get in the same post?'

Pruners Mon 23-Mar-09 10:47:48

Message withdrawn

GivePeasAChance Mon 23-Mar-09 10:51:39

Incoherent rambling from Delia? No? It can't be true.

Always fulfilling to have such women in the public eye doing their bit for sisterhood. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now