FFS!!! DH told me that I look like I could be related to...

(37 Posts)
peggotty Tue 03-Feb-09 22:16:45

Fucking Jamie Oliver! Then was taken aback when I had a hissy fit. Apparently it is my 'full lips'. Jesus, is my husband gay and married me because he is in the closet and I look like Jamie Oliver shock shock WOuld you be insulted if your dh said you looked like jamie oliver??

GossipMonger Tue 03-Feb-09 22:17:37

yes i would - lol!!!!!!!!

poopscoop Tue 03-Feb-09 22:17:42

photo on profile this instant please, then the judging begins in earnest grin

VinoEsmeralda Tue 03-Feb-09 22:18:42

hell yes, would I be insulted!

Well i fancy the pants off JO soooo.......... Peggotty 'how you doin?'

grin

peggotty Tue 03-Feb-09 22:20:09

No bloody chance poopscoop! would be plunged into depths of depression if it was confirmed by mn. damn man - I am reeling!

TheYearOfTheCat Tue 03-Feb-09 22:20:09

On the plus side, he is fairly youthful looking, and slim.

Tries hard to see a positive hmm

peggotty Tue 03-Feb-09 22:22:27

I only posted last week on another thread that he looks like he would be a terrible kisser, all slobbery <wail> it just gets worse. I don't I don't I don't look like JO!!!
{and I am a GOOD kisser)

poopscoop Tue 03-Feb-09 22:22:47

lol - do you have the oliver lisp or lithp too cos that would be pukka grin

hellymelly Tue 03-Feb-09 22:22:53

Well,he's a natural blonde...

peggotty Tue 03-Feb-09 22:25:36

I am not blonde (naturally), I do not have a lisp, I can not cook. I have big full lips, that's it.

TheCrackFox Tue 03-Feb-09 22:25:40

Can you cook? Do you feel passionately about school dinners?

Do you need the number for a good divorce lawyer?

herbietea Tue 03-Feb-09 22:27:02

YANBU. He must have gone to the same school of tact as my DH.

When I complained I was bored he said isn't there a club you can go to? A slimming club would be good! shock

I am 8st 6 FFS hmm

Took a lot of grovelling for me to even consider talking to him let alone anything else! grin

Tidey Tue 03-Feb-09 22:30:13

TBH I've never noticed Jamie Oliver's lips, I'm too distracted by his huge flobbery tongue. Don't worry, your DH was probably just talking rubbish.

solo Tue 03-Feb-09 22:31:18

Well, it could've been worse...Gary Rhodes for instance. He was yummy 10 years ago, but now...Ugh! JO is quite boy next door. I like Jamie Oliver

peggotty Tue 03-Feb-09 22:31:45

pmsl tidey @ 'huge flobbery tongue'

Tell him he looks like Jools (quite horsey and miserable) Miow!

Heifer Tue 03-Feb-09 22:33:49

My DH told me that I sometimes look like Jilly Cooper, so I would glady take the Jamie Oliver comment! grin

MrsSeanBean Tue 03-Feb-09 22:38:21

Yanu. He's cute.

MrsSeanBean Tue 03-Feb-09 22:38:39

er, sorry yabu I meant...

TheYearOfTheCat Tue 03-Feb-09 22:41:41

Well if he said you looked like you were related to him - it is slightly better than saying you look like him - IYSWIM.

Could you capitalise on it? There is a female Michaeal Jackson impersonator, who is making a mint. here she is. You could turn up at schools and badger dinner ladies for a fee.

Herbietea - My DH is the same - he told me was worried that I may have developed Podgekins disease. hmm

YOTC - I am now wetting my pants with Podgekins disease........... I am trying to be quiet as the household are in bed. oops!

With laughter you understand, not because i have podgekins............ well i do but thats not why im wetting my pants.......................... hmm

YANBU but it could have been the raddled looking Gordon Ramsey which would have been worse.

When I asked DH whether my jeans made my butt look the size of Kansas, he replied "no Rhode Island or one of the smaller states".

There are some questions you just don't ask a man.

poopscoop Tue 03-Feb-09 22:49:58

and he could have said you looked like those 2 women cooks who travellled about in motorbike and sidecar. forgotten their names.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now