I'm due to give birth next week and DH hasn't booked us a hotel room...

(169 Posts)
MaryBeWaiting Thu 18-Dec-08 21:50:23

... its bound to be packed, after all, the world and his wife'll be there. What happens if we "just turn up" and there's nowhere to stay? Where does he think I'm going to give birth, in a stable? angry

Twims Thu 18-Dec-08 21:51:32

Can you not sleep in the car grin

Twims Thu 18-Dec-08 21:51:34

Can you not sleep in the car grin

WhatFreshMistletoeIsThis Thu 18-Dec-08 21:52:13

tsk. has he at least hired the donkey? otherwise you might have to walk. sad

I did overhear some people planning some pretty fantastic presents for you this year though wink

ravenAK Thu 18-Dec-08 21:52:47

Outrageous.

What if unexpected guests arrive to bring you presents? It'd be a nightmare...grin

Biglipsdrankallthexmasbaileys Thu 18-Dec-08 21:53:20

im confused!

why are you wanting to book in a hotel room???....what for??

themulledmanneredjanitor Thu 18-Dec-08 21:53:57

bloody men typical. 'oh there'll be something i am sure'-i know the routine.

have you packed your bag? got your swaddling clothes ready? might want to take some dettox and a cloth-you know how grubby stables get-with all that horse shit everywhere.

squeaver Thu 18-Dec-08 21:54:18

I know a few innkeepers you could try...

Lemontart Thu 18-Dec-08 21:54:32

nah, you will be fine. Loads of pubs around. There is bound to be at least one with an outhouse if push comes to shove grin

MaryBeWaiting Thu 18-Dec-08 21:55:26

Oo, do you think there'll be presents? How will they know where to deliver them? That's a point, how will I get my Bounty pack?

Mind you we've got this whopping great star that seems to be following us, how are we supposed to get any sleep at night with that thing shining down...

StayFrostyTheSnowMam Thu 18-Dec-08 21:56:02

Perhaps he has unresolved issues. Have you perchance told him some farfetched story about how he isn't the baby's father, but it's ok cos you're still a virgin?

Lemontart Thu 18-Dec-08 21:56:25

and if you are expecting any guests likely to bring gifts, perhaps ask them not to bother with posh smellies but bring some decent pain relief and a warm blanket instead. Much more useful..

squeaver Thu 18-Dec-08 21:56:27

Oh I think you should get one of those portable blackout blinds to block out the light from the star.

feelingbitfestive Thu 18-Dec-08 21:57:03

Yes, but some will be shite. What do you do with Myrrh?

MaryBeWaiting Thu 18-Dec-08 21:57:05

I might have mentioned on HERE that he's not the baby's father - do you think he reads MN? Maybe I'd better shut up...

themulledmanneredjanitor Thu 18-Dec-08 21:57:06

have you tried black out blinds?

have you and dh made up then? i remember you posting a while back about him being angry about the pregnancy-baby not being his or something? all sorted now?

MaryBeWaiting Thu 18-Dec-08 21:57:46

Blackout blinds, good idea...

feelingbitfestive Thu 18-Dec-08 21:58:24

Do you know whose it is? 50-50? Jeremy Kyle'd love to hear from you!

Lemontart Thu 18-Dec-08 21:58:28

are you the one who everyone claimed must be a troll as you were constantly harping on about angels so got slated for telling porkys or being on drugs???

Santaisfeelingfunnypeculiar Thu 18-Dec-08 21:58:43

You do know all the animal related health risks, don't you? Avoid anywhere with sheep, for example - no good for pregnant women...

I have a shed you can rent for £3,000 a night if you don't mind shacking up with the Ox

feelingbitfestive Thu 18-Dec-08 21:59:33

"The DNA test results show that Joseph....................."

NotanOtter Thu 18-Dec-08 21:59:45

dont forget the swaddling blanket if you want a good nights kip

knowinhg your luck you baby wont even wake despite a racket

( the cattle are lowing he baby awakes but little lord jesus no crying he makes)

MaryBeWaiting Thu 18-Dec-08 21:59:51

No, the Troll is in the 3 billy goats gruff, nothing to do with me, honest hmm

JODIEhadtoomanymincepies Thu 18-Dec-08 22:00:18

I've got a feeling that everything will turn out for the best. Watch out for King Herod though, he's nasty!

(Oh and you might want to give Easter a miss from now on!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now