Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

To wish DH would just leave me alone, for one day?

(154 Posts)
CarmerKharma Mon 03-Nov-08 14:14:05

DH has just been to the shop. I asked him to buy some chocolate biscuits of some kind so he came back with penguins.

I know it sounds trivial but he does this kind of thing all the time, really small, subtle things that are designed to wind me up but are SO subtle that if I moan it sounds like I'm losing my marbles to anyone else.

Like bread, I asked him to buy some bread and he came back with white bread. I can't eat white and he knows this.

A while ago I asked him to get me a magazine to read (he knew what I meant) and he came back with a TV guide thing.

Writing this down just sounds so stupid but it's a passive aggressive thing, he does things DELIBRATELY to annoy or wind me up but why??

falcon Mon 03-Nov-08 20:00:05

No it doesn't, so long as you get it in your mouth quickly enough.

captainmummy Tue 04-Nov-08 11:49:40

You lot make me feel ill.

morningpaper Thu 06-Nov-08 19:44:53

Do you think this entire thread was cunningly devised by the Saatchi Penguin Marketing Team?

BroccoliSpears Fri 07-Nov-08 16:30:22

Just to get back to OP (sorry).

I can understand why you feel hurt by his crap choices; sometimes I ask dh to bring home something for lunch. He invariably brings me quiche, which I can't eat. If I did this to him it would be passive aggressive because an important part of the way I love and care for my family is by knowing what everyone likes to eat, what they don't like, what everyone's favourite things are etc. Dh simply doesn't think in that way. I know my dh loves me very much and he has stood in the shop and thought "ooh, quiche is vegetarian, I'll get that for Broc". It really doesn't mean he's getting at me. My dh is an intellegent, thoughtful and loving husband, he just thinks in a different way to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now