To think he should have been made to return it?

(22 Posts)

I nearly weed myself

This pelvic floor is going to give I tell you!

Ashantai Wed 08-Oct-08 22:06:39

I usually ask my son to "assume the position" and frisk him before we leave someones housegrin

Too right he should give it back, but good grief a Tony Blair teddy??shockgrin

MrsSnape Wed 08-Oct-08 21:14:24

pmsl I remember my mil's dog had one of these!

I was on the phone to her once and she suddenly said "Max, put Tony Blair down!" and I was like "eh??? did I just hear you right?" pmsl

But yes he should be made to return it, even if its just for the principle of learning not to take off with other people's stuff.

misshardbroom Wed 08-Oct-08 17:29:37

I suppose it depends why you want her to bring it back... is it because you're particularly attached to Tony Blair Ted or is it because you think the thieving little so-and-so should be made to learn the error of his klepto ways?

If it's just that you want Tony Blair back (and there's one sentence I never thought I'd type), then maybe YAB(a bit)U because she might just have been really hassled this morning and forgotten it.

But if it's actually because stealing is Bad and Wrong, then no, YANBU at all. He should have been made to return it forthwith, and an apology wouldn't have gone amiss. IMHO.

Combustiblelemon Wed 08-Oct-08 14:24:52

I remember back in the 80s they made squeaky Spitting Image style Margaret Thatcher dog toys.

SinCity Wed 08-Oct-08 14:23:51

No it actually looks like Tony Blair.
We did have George Bush too but that got lost.

PortofinoPumpkin Wed 08-Oct-08 14:18:31

This is soooo funny. Who bought them? Presuming it wasn't you if you don't where they came from. Is it one like this? Or does it look like Tony/Gordon etc?

SinCity Wed 08-Oct-08 14:18:24

http://www.pet-bliss.com/acatalog/PoliticalPetToyTonyBlairSmallImage.jpg

It's one of these. Ok, not a teddy as such and ours has a more humourous face than this one.

The dog likes to carry Tony around, he doesn't bother with the others much.

avenanap Wed 08-Oct-08 14:17:10

So realistic. grin They are all stuffed anyway are they not? PMSL! This thread is fab.

mabanana Wed 08-Oct-08 14:15:45

A John Prescott bear shock grin WTF if that? Does it come with a mini tin of condensed milk?

BloodshotEyeballsintheScarySky Wed 08-Oct-08 14:15:37

PMSL @ stuffed Cabinet!

OO7 Wed 08-Oct-08 14:15:12

shock

SinCity Wed 08-Oct-08 14:14:33

We do have Gordon Brown actually, and John Prescot. God knows where they were bought from but the dog is missing it.

mabanana Wed 08-Oct-08 14:14:29

Do you have the entire Blair cabinet in stuffed toy form? A little piggy Peter Mandelson with it's own tiny mortgage form? A big Blunkett bear with white stick and random baby bears?

Bettyboobird Wed 08-Oct-08 14:14:26

Tony Blair teddy? I want one lol!!

callmeovercautious Wed 08-Oct-08 14:13:53

Perhaps she just forgot about it.

what is a tony blair teddy? lol

dustystar Wed 08-Oct-08 14:13:38

She should bring it back but it may have just slipped her mind.

FabioCatello Wed 08-Oct-08 14:13:21

Is your pal Cherie Blair?

lol at Tony the Ted.

OO7 Wed 08-Oct-08 14:12:37

tony blair teddy?

I'd ask for it back. If you want it? grin

fircone Wed 08-Oct-08 14:12:21

a tony blair teddy?!? Do you have a Gordon Brown one left?

SinCity Wed 08-Oct-08 14:11:06

My friend brought her DS (4) around yesterday. He has tried to take stuff out of the house before (last time it was a piggy bank). Anyway when they left I noticed a tony blair teddy was gone. Last night she phoned to say that her DS has taken it home, she then laughed it off and changed the subject.

I saw her this morning and expected her to bring it but she didn't. Would I be unreasonable to ask for it back or should I wait to see if she brings it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now