AIBU to not want to sleep in tight embrace with DH every night.....

(73 Posts)
rubyloopy Tue 09-Sep-08 14:15:03

Message withdrawn

Pixel Tue 09-Sep-08 19:00:54

The snoring that is, not IT obviously blushgrin

laweaselmys Tue 09-Sep-08 19:08:35

hee hee, have started to PG hormonally to hate to have DP encroaching on my side of the bed. I will pointedly tell him/hit him to wake him up if he is on my pillow. We still sleep all mixed up together though.

Pixel Tue 09-Sep-08 19:43:09

When I was pregnant and desperate for sleep dh's snoring made me so angry that I seriously considered putting the pillow over his face instead of my ears. It's never made me so angry at any other time so it must have been the hormones.

notcitrus Tue 09-Sep-08 20:03:36

Two single duvets are fantastic!

MrNC and I cuddle up at night and then go to separate rooms - we thought when we first moved in together that we'd end up sleeping together but we both sleep better in our own beds. As he's an insomniac it works much better that way!
What's the point of cuddling if you're asleep? Although reassuring DP you still love him and aren't turning away in a huff might be an idea.

emj23 Tue 09-Sep-08 20:04:37

One of the many reasons that a quarter of couples sleep separately.

Califrau, we have an ikea super king with a seam too!

I like the seam, it dips and my pregnant body firs nicely into it. grin

Ronaldinhio Tue 09-Sep-08 21:42:11

YABVU
Why else do you spend the day making yourself presentable for when your dh returns from work if you won't allow him to sleep all over you during your sleep deprived hours..?

TheSmallClanger Tue 09-Sep-08 21:42:18

Two duvets works very well. It's warmer, too.
YANBU to want to sleep without being hugged to death. Sleep is a very personal thing.

TheSmallClanger Tue 09-Sep-08 21:42:50

Two duvets works very well. It's warmer, too.
YANBU to want to sleep without being hugged to death. Sleep is a very personal thing.

ElenorRigby Tue 09-Sep-08 21:57:18

I live for BIG cuddles with DP but in the summer it gets too warm so we just hold hands!
We meet again in the morn for more BIG cuddlies! blush

ravenAK Tue 09-Sep-08 22:23:00

Superking & two duvets here, too.

It is the civilised way forward.

(& can accommodate small children on weekend mornings)

AndreaM Fri 12-Sep-08 09:51:22

Message deleted

sukkwan88 Fri 12-Sep-08 17:48:01

YANBU - i hate cuddles at sleeptime. much like an earlier mumsnetter i get all tense, waiting for him to start snoring in my ear.

on top of that DH gets random twitches in his hands when he sleeps, so he ends up groping/grabbing me while he drops off angry - talk about disturbing my precious sleep. this is consequently reciprocated with much scolding and kicking. you can really feel the love in the room as he huffs at me and rolls over to his side of the super king sized bed....

...and starts snoring.

ARGH.

verylapsedrunner Fri 12-Sep-08 18:56:38

Not only do you need the Califrau Ikea 2 mattress system, you also need to embrace the Austrian system of using 2 single duvets, it's fantastic

duvet Fri 12-Sep-08 19:36:39

can you buy that in uk ikeas just did a search couldnt find it.

clam Fri 12-Sep-08 19:46:14

I can't BEAR touching when trying to get to sleep. Fortunately, neither can DH. Your DH needs to understand that it's not personal, but just the way you are. Make it up to him in other ways if he's insecure. Or tell him to get over it
<unsympathetic>

FourArms Fri 12-Sep-08 19:52:57

I don't like touching, but can just about bear it. It's the groping that I hate. DH would sleep with a hand fondling a boob given half a chance. angry I used to sleep naked, but now sleep in a nursing bra (still bfing DS2) and PJ's every night to prevent the wandering hands!

bracingair Sat 13-Sep-08 22:10:54

this thread has made me lol!

how do you make the bed look neat with 2 duvets on a bed?

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5197440.stm Haven't read the thread yet but remember reading this recently (even though it dates back to 2006!)and thought it might be relevant.

elmoandella Sun 14-Sep-08 21:39:32

anoher vote for super king size here. we touch feet and thats all.and 2 super king size duvets.2 extra long pillows each (which end up on the floor as neither of us like to be too high)

MKG Sun 14-Sep-08 21:46:52

When we got our king size bed a few years ago I said to dh, "This is my side and that is your side, do not cross the line unless invited",

I'm a firm believer that showers and sleeping are activities best done alone.

I have a king size and DP and i love to fall asleep snuggled up.the bed feels empty if we are apart, or when he's not here.
we generally share the same pillow too, but i love feeling the warmth of his body and the closeness we have together

YANBU! I hate touching DH when I am trying to go to sleep. Thats why we now have a superking bed LOL!grin We can hardly see each other now, let alone touch! gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now