mothercare - "we can't sell you a car seat. It's raining"

(96 Posts)
knickerelasticjones Thu 10-Jul-08 20:34:08

Don't know if I should post this in this topic as its not really a question of being unreasonable. But I though I would share with you all today's experience of genuine retain insanity.

Went into Mothercare today to get a stage three car seat for DD1. Had DDs 1 and 2 with me. Approached cash desk and said

Me - "Hello, I"d like to get a car seat for my daughter"
Assistant - "does it fit in your car?"
Me - "I don't know, I as I haven't bought the car seat yet" (I'm already thinking her first question is a bit inane, but hey! we all have our off days...)
Assistant - "Oh well we can't sell you a car seat now. It's raining"
Me - "Sorry?"
Assistant - "We would have to go and fit the car seat in your car and we can't do that now as it's raining"

(At this point I thought maybe there was a concern about the car seat getting wet, and perhaps they would show me round the seats available on the display in store, but more was to come...)

Me - "I'm a little confused"
Assistant - "It's health and safety. We might fall over in the rain."
Me - (really confused by now) "Sorry??"
Assistant - "It's for our own protection. We aren't allowed to sell car seats when its raining, as we might fall over when we walk to the car to check it fits".

This was followed by a grumpy silence from all three assistants who were looking at me as if to say "How DARE you put our very lives at risk by suggesting that we might sell you a car seat. Can't you see the RAIN".

No more help offered from them. Just lots of questions from DD1 as to why she couldn't have her new car seat. With me saying loudly " they can't sell us a car seat during the rain. We are NEVER coming here again." We went to Halfords.

Now I'm all for protecting the worker (a union person me) but seriously? You can't go out in the rain as you might fall over? Seriously?

I live in Scotland - if that's a valid excuse for staying in, I may never leave the house again....

zippitippitoes Thu 10-Jul-08 20:35:26

do they have lockins at home time?

nancy75 Thu 10-Jul-08 20:36:52

how do they get home in the winter? there is a massive mothercare near me and i have never noticed loads of women all falling over in puddles outside it! does this inability to walk in wet weather only affect mothercare staff or all people that sell childrens goods?

NotDoingTheHousework Thu 10-Jul-08 20:37:12

Pile of shite.

Lazy bitch.

I've been soaked before fitting car seats or carrying boxes out to people's cars, and I did it all with a cheery smile.

[perfect ex-Mothercare staff emoticon]

Write and complain to Head Office. I bet that 'rule' is a heap of steaming turd.

Jackstini Thu 10-Jul-08 20:37:32

Thanks for making me pmsl! Most ridiculous thing I have heard in ages

sunnytimes Thu 10-Jul-08 20:37:53

Message withdrawn

onceinalifetime Thu 10-Jul-08 20:38:54

Email the Head Office and the Daily Mail asap.

I think you're all underestimating the danger these women are in! ...shame on you hmm

wink

JackieNo Thu 10-Jul-08 20:39:10

Maybe their grumpiness was in fact due to the fact that they know it's a stupid rule, but they have to abide by it?
Nah.

RubySlippers Thu 10-Jul-08 20:40:21

we had our carseat fitted in the rain by Mothercare

think they were being a tad very lazy

sunnytimes Thu 10-Jul-08 20:41:16

Message withdrawn

hatrick Thu 10-Jul-08 20:42:34

Blimey they must have a very slow couple of months for carseat sales in the Winter hmm

domesticslattern Thu 10-Jul-08 20:42:43

Surely they are making that one up? Still, fits with everything I have ever experienced about Mothercare.

Last time I was there four assistants standing around admiring a small dog in a pushchair. (Don't ask). When I quaveringly asked if they might break off to sell me sixty quids worth of assorted stuff, I was told in no uncertain terms that the tills were all down. Then they went back to the dog.

Argh!

BouncingTurtle Thu 10-Jul-08 20:43:36

If this were true then I wouldn;t imagine they sell many car seats in the winter.
They just couldn't be arsed I bet!
Ah well Mothercare's loss and Halford's gain!

hatrick Thu 10-Jul-08 20:44:44

Our Mothercare was actually really good and the staff were friendly and useful- been shut down though- perhaps it was too good grin

Sallypoo Thu 10-Jul-08 20:45:57

This rule was probably brought into place by the same set of nutters (my opinion only) that told me I couldn't use the phrase "brain storming" in a meeting but must say thought shower. When I queried this bizarre statement I was told brain storming might offend certain people!

Out of curiosity, were all the staff (not wishing to presume all three were ladies) wearing conformatable shoes, or where they wearing high risk heels? he he he

georgiemama Thu 10-Jul-08 20:46:28

I once spent a good forty minutes standing in front of the most inept sales assistant ever in Mothercare whilst she attempted to find "the code" for the cot I wanted to buy and then attempted to find my postcode on their hopeless database. All the while, DS aged four months screaming in his pram. Did she call for assistance? Hell no. I walked. Never been back to mothercare since.

Whatever you need, either Argos or Wilkinsons will sell it, a lot cheaper.

knickerelasticjones Thu 10-Jul-08 20:47:43

Ha ha!

Actually I did leave a bit out of the story.

As I had turned to leave the shop one of the assistants seemed to realise they had been a bit useless and said "Is it still actually raining now, cos if its stopped then it might be ok...."

Which I guess means that its not the rain on the ground which they might slip on - it's the rain which is actually falling from the sky.

smile

Actually I've had a really miserable week and in many ways this whole episode has just filled me with joy at the whole inanity of it all!!

NotDoingTheHousework Thu 10-Jul-08 20:51:57

Hatrick, that's exactly why wink.

spamm Thu 10-Jul-08 20:55:10

Lololololol

I am having a flashback to how I endangered the life of the charming young man at Mothercare 3 years ago when he helped fit my new car seat in the rain - I feel a need to apologise immediately.

It was pissing it down so much, I still remember it! I need HSE evaluation soon, as I will be going to buy the next level seat in the next couple of months.

nailpolish Thu 10-Jul-08 20:56:30

you really should complain and get compensation

honestly! threaten to phone the sunday post (my dad works for the sunday post and he would wet himself over this story)

elmoandella Thu 10-Jul-08 21:05:36

i'm in scotland. had car seats tested in 2 mothercare's.

ek and hermiston?

wasn't any of these. that would be real cheek!

elmoandella Thu 10-Jul-08 21:06:09

should have put got them teasted while raining. but it is scotland.
assume its always raining

elmoandella Thu 10-Jul-08 21:06:30

aaaaaaaaah

tested, not teasted

dilemma456 Thu 10-Jul-08 21:06:57

Message withdrawn

OurHamsterisevil Thu 10-Jul-08 21:18:21

THat is so funny. I'm growing to hate mothercare more by the day.

Why did they need to fit it anyway. Are they not allowed to sell you a seat without checking it fits in your car now..

onceinalifetime Thu 10-Jul-08 21:42:34

Roll on the profit warning. I hate Mothercare - they seem to have a policy of employing people who genuinely dislike children, are disinterested in providing good (any) customer service and are generally not too keen on working at all.

waffletrees Thu 10-Jul-08 21:45:06

Mothercare?? Has a name ever been so badly named? Really should be Motherhate!

Go to Argos as it is alot cheaper.

WideWebWitch Thu 10-Jul-08 21:47:43

Very funny, have to say my experiences of Mothercare were always terrible too. Very disinterested staff but that takes the biscuit.

TotalChaos Thu 10-Jul-08 21:51:28

YANBU. Ridiculous.

My nearest Mothercare had an upstairs baby change room - and no lift hmm

Califrau Thu 10-Jul-08 22:02:17

hmm
please write and complain.

Sorry for my ignorence but does a Stage 3 car seat really need fitting? Am not been funny but personally I've bought 4 carseats without ever once having one "fitted" by a sales assistant - is it important? hmm I've always thought it was sales guff "free fitting", blah, blah.

But very funny story. grin

InOrpington Thu 10-Jul-08 22:18:33

Love the story. Can I add my favourite bit of sales assistant inanity - actually the customer services lady when I rang up Sainsbury's. I wanted directions to drive to their store car park and after pondering for a while, she told me to follow the 363 bus! Needless to say, I didn't ask her to elaborate on where I'd find one to follow, or when to stop following it....

TinkerBellesMum Thu 10-Jul-08 22:23:36

"does it fit in your car?"
"I don't have a car."

I just bought a car seat to have at home because I don't drive and use it when people give us a lift.

Add me to the MC haters list! I bought a maternity T-shirt for £8 last pregnancy, it had marks on it, you could make out someones bra pattern! I didn't notice it till I got it home and just as I was breaking the tag off (the plastic tag was there but the paper tag ripped, IYSWIM). I took it back and was told they couldn't take it back because it wasn't in a saleable condition! I said that was the problem angry She said they couldn't have sold it looking like that. I told her I'm quite capable of doing my own washing! Customer Services were great, they called her and she said exactly the same thing to them and they said it was her decision. It was an £8 T-shirt and she threw away a customer and goodwill over £8!

Lubyloo Thu 10-Jul-08 22:33:17

Stripeyknickers - it's not a sales tactic. You really should check that car seats fit in your car properly - 70% of car seats are fitted incorrectly. They do not fit all cars. For example in my car the car seat only fits correctly in the front passenger seat and we can't find one that fits on the back seat at all.

But a Stage 3 carseat is a booster with a back. It balances on your backseat and the car seatbelt secures it - how can it not fit, unless your car is 12" wide?

Wilkiepedia Thu 10-Jul-08 22:37:56

P.M.S.L.

Another Mothercare hater too. They are totally inept, rude, disinterested, very young inexperienced sales staff IME.

The babychange/feed area in our old local one (before we moved city) was REVOLTING.

Maybe the OP should email HO and send a link to this thread with the email.

3andnomore Thu 10-Jul-08 22:41:39

She didn't eant her hair wet ror her make up messed up....but tbh, as a customer..I do NOT give a shit...basically!

Lizzzombie Thu 10-Jul-08 22:50:37

Am laughing my head off at this!
I work PT at my local Mothercare store.
We are only supposed to fit car seats if we've been trained. Training is few and far between.
I've not been trained, so have never fitted any in anyones' car.
However, I have sold plenty.

Definately complain about your sales assistants.
They were talking nonsense.
You'd hardly demand them to fit a carseat in the pouring rain anyway. I am sure if that was the case neither of you would want to be outside.

We aren't all bad I promise!

(coming from the sales assistant who got stung in a recent mystery shopper experience concerning travel cots, whereby I was asked by the mystery shopper for an alternative price as it was quite expensive, I could have recommended Argos etc, but no, I suggested she went to a car boot sale and got a 2nd hand one but brought a new travel cot mattress for £24.99 - apparently this is a brand damaging statement & I should have encouraged her to open a storecard and save £10!!!!) whoops! See - some of us genuinely want to help the customer!

MissusH Thu 10-Jul-08 22:52:49

PMSL at this thread - how feckin' ridiculous!!

Perhaps if they put one of those bright yellow "wet floor" warning cones outside the store, before taking the car seat out it would make it safer???

3andnomore Thu 10-Jul-08 22:59:54

but, lizzie, shouldmyou even ayyrmpyr yo sell carsears///////////////////////no..... and that is where the responsibility lirrss...I am not confatable..and that is where things son't ;ook smmart or safe...

LynetteScavo Thu 10-Jul-08 23:09:41

Our motercare was rubis, too, adn as closed down. Dont write to ead office, just let all teir sales fall to ridiculous levels so tey all ave to close. Can you tell I dont like moterare?

Bummer - my aitc isnt workin. Or jee. [anry]

oodnit!

eandh Fri 11-Jul-08 07:06:25

Lizz grin I am selling mine and my parents travel cots at car boot this weekend - send your customers this way please!!!!grinwink

Wilkiepedia Fri 11-Jul-08 12:54:08

Are you sure she didn't say 'we can't sell you a carseat. It's training.....?' grin

Macdog Fri 11-Jul-08 16:30:31

I had different car seat madness at Mothercare in Glasgow city centre.

Me: I'd like to buy that one please.

Assistant bloke: I can't sell it to you without fitting it in your car.

Me: ok then, can we bring the car around for you to fit it?

Assistant: Er, no. We don't have the facilities to fit the car seats.

Me: so you're not going to sell me the car seat?

Assistant: You can go to our other branch in Anniesland and they'll fit it.

Me: Anniesland????? Er, where on earth.....??

Gave up at this point as head off brick wall was getting painful!
Emailed Mothercare and apparently bloke was only to happy to sell me a car seat and I misunderstood hmm????

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stripyknickers - i bought a stage 3 car seat and Mothercare staff told me it didn't need fitting with it being a stage 3, despite me asking for it to be fitted. Everytime i went round a corner in the seat, it fell to the side with dd (then aged 4) in it. I kept having to stop, get out of the car and straightening up the seat (and dd) each time i went round a corner hmm

The seat most definitely did not fit adequately in my car!

I ended up giving it away to a friend in whose car it did fit and then buying a new one angry

differentID Fri 11-Jul-08 18:41:04

oh no, lizzombie. I got lucky with my mystery shopper- had a ball with her. I think she guessed that we'd twigged her and played along.

mum2ds1 Fri 11-Jul-08 18:58:18

what a load of b@ll@@@S
i think we should bouycot mothercare for being such scardy cats of the rain!!!;)

TheHerdNerd Fri 11-Jul-08 19:09:50

I had exactly the reverse issue with the A3 Babybarn. Hung around in there for AGES with DD (10m) while 4 (!) assistants helped one pregnant woman choose a buggy, and then got to buy the bigger car seat.

They have signs on the walls that say they've been "trained" by the car seat manufacturers hmm to fit car seats. I bought the seat, asked the woman to fit it, and off we go. We get to the car, I take the old seat out and the woman gets the new one out of the box. Before she fits it she says
"I can fit it for you, but then I have to take it out again."

For liability reasons.

angry

SURELY if they've been trained by the manufacturer, and they fit the seat according to the training, and we come a cropper, the MANUFACTURER is liable!?! Bloody litigation paranoid wallies.

sarah293 Fri 11-Jul-08 19:16:57

another MC hater here. Dimwit woman remarked how brave I was to take dd in there (she was 3 and in a wheelchair) but when she was a baby and I did a NG feed (thats naso-gastric) in the feeding room they asked me to leave as it wasn't breast or bottle.
FFS, its a baby and this is milk!

ScottishMummy Fri 11-Jul-08 19:26:08

MC left the neighbours delivery in my garden, they literally chucked it over the wall!ripped and soggy boxes etc

i find them a bitty unpredictable.

i use Glasgow pram centre, always reliable

theSuburbanDryad Fri 11-Jul-08 19:43:34

Riven!!! shock I would have gone mad at them!

I complained to my old MC (in Northampton) as they had a lovely "Nursing Mother's Lounge" with soft lighting and glider chairs and then in the nappy changing area they had a hard bench and a bottle warmer. angry Surely you can "nurse" a baby whilst bottle feeding it?!

Tommy Fri 11-Jul-08 19:52:45

ah bless'em

when I was pregnant with DS1, we ordered the pram from there. It took ages to arrive and when it finally did, another one turned up a few days later.

The delivery man stood on my doorstep and said "You don't want two do you?" - his eyes were rolling heavenward as if he was used to it.

(our nearest one's baby change/feed place doesn't fit a double buggy in it hmm)

macdoodle Fri 11-Jul-08 19:53:39

Riven shock you have had some shit haven't you I hope you complained !

by any chance was the Mothercare the OP visited in Inverness? Just wondering, because the shop next to them (Pets at Home) is absolutely over the top about health & safety and nearly background checks! LOL I was totally shocked (to put it lightly!) when they point blank refused to sell me 1 goldfish! I think they wanted to just about see my fish tank to know it was OK before they'd sell me one - they require you to have had it set up for so many weeks and then bring in water sample, etc. and then sign on the dotted line with your full address etc. I ended up going to another shop which sold me as many as I wanted - no questions asked!

Anyway, I'm going away from the topic - sorry - just the idea of Mothercare being so daft reminded me of their nextdoor neighbour in Inverness!

LittleMyDancing Fri 11-Jul-08 22:15:17

I hate mothercare too - had a memorable experience trying to buy 6-12 months size short sleeved white onesies (hardly an odd thing to want).

they had every other size on the racks but no 6-12 months, so I went up to the assistant and asked, and she said

"No, we haven't got any. It's funny, that size always seems to sell out first"

Erm....maybe you should order a few more of that size, then? hmm

bikermom Fri 11-Jul-08 22:51:16

I have on numerous occassions suggested that they cease trading and close their doors, they don't have a clue as far as customer service is concerned, never mind catering to the needs of pregnant and newly mothered womaen. I also had bs trying to purchase a car seat from them, I went in on a Saturday morning and was told they had no one available to fit a seat for me and when I asked when someone would be available I was told it would be best to return on the Monday "whilst I should be at work"!!!

NotDoingTheHousework Sat 12-Jul-08 09:27:58

LittleMyDancing, I have to say in the staff's defence, there's no 'ordering system' as such, it's all done via barcodes and they get a weekly delivery of seemingly random stuff.

The issue with always selling out of one size was always happening in our store. We would totally run out of 6-9mo vests for eg, but be inundated with 9-12mo. It was a bug bear but down to Head Office, not store staff.

LittleMyDancing Sat 12-Jul-08 15:42:27

In that case, I shall transfer my righteous anger to the Head Office idiots, instead wink

thingamajig Sat 12-Jul-08 22:42:07

"I can fit it for you, but then I have to take it out again."

For liability reasons.

SURELY if they've been trained by the manufacturer, and they fit the seat according to the training, and we come a cropper, the MANUFACTURER is liable!?! Bloody litigation paranoid wallies.

The head nerd, the "reason" for this is that you should have been taught how to correctly fit it for yourself. The fitter should be able to watch you do this when you have bought it.
(ex Mamas and Papas employee, no loyalty to anyone)

Kelix Sat 12-Jul-08 23:07:04

MC is crap I agree.
When I was pregnant I wanted to but the Quinny Buzz in pink, I found it on MC website and it looked nice but wanted to actually see it in real life before I paid an extortionate amount of money for it
I rang my local MC to ask if they had one in stock that I could look at. They said (after about 15 mins on hold) ah.... NO, maybe one of our other stores has one in stock. I asked of they could check (not an unreasonable request IMO) and they said ah... NO. They suggested I rang round other local stores to ask so I asked if they it in stock, so I asked if they could kindly supply me with the telephone numbers, to which they replied (you guessed it) ah... NO.

I should have given up at this point I know but I decided to find numbers for my local stores and try my luck. I ended up ringing 4 stores in my area (none of which were very much help, ah... NO) before being told that it was actually an internet only item so it wouldn't be in stock in any MC store anywhere.

Needless to say I spent my £700 elsewhere!!

elkiedee Sat 12-Jul-08 23:12:42

The lack of ordering system explains a lot about my local Mothercare. As they go it's not too bad, but some things have always puzzled me.

And when we've ordered bigger items for home delivery they can never find my postcode on the database. It works just fine on every address finder online, but it's beyond Mothercare?

And while the staff in my local branch are helpful they are busy, and I often feel like they/I don't have time for more complicated queries.

Kelix Mon 14-Jul-08 14:40:04

Another fantastic customer service experience from MOthercare:
Saw the bumbo online in mothercare for £20 - special offer. Been meaning to buy one for ages but never got round to it. So I drove to MC this morning to get one. Asked the sales assistant where they wer and she found them shock then I noticed they were still priced at 27.99. I asked her if they were on special offer and I got that now expected reply ah... NO.
I decided to buy one anyway as I had traveled all the way to MC and didnt want a wasted journey. Got to the counter and guess what?! It was £20 on special offer! Maybe I should work there as I obviuosly know more about the stock that they do lol!

namechange3 Mon 14-Jul-08 21:30:32

obviously you don't, because it's not the bumbo on offer, it's the bebepod. Just bought one for a friend

MissM Mon 14-Jul-08 22:02:50

This sounds like the same rule that I came across in my local Waterstones. Their lift wasn't working so I asked the assistant if he could help me carry the pram upstairs. He told me that no, he wasn't insured. I really seriously didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but they didn't get my sale.

MadamePlatypus Mon 14-Jul-08 22:09:28

"Which I guess means that its not the rain on the ground which they might slip on - it's the rain which is actually falling from the sky."

grin grin grin

Its that sneaky Scottish rain. It shoots out of the sky and scoots under your feet and flips you over.

MadamePlatypus Mon 14-Jul-08 22:12:59

Incidentally, at John Lewis they show you how to fit the seat in the shop, take your card details and let you take the seat away to try out yourself.

Kelix Mon 14-Jul-08 23:56:51

apoalagies namechange3 it was the bebepod I bought and the one that was on offer.
I get mixed up with the two, maybe Im not qualifed to work at MC afterall hmm

fledtoscotland Tue 15-Jul-08 20:58:14

YANBU but (i also live in scotland) surely they are limiting the number of seats they sell if they will only fit them on fine days????? in glasgow it rains loads so i can only assume mothercare's profits are c**p here grin

moaningminnies Fri 01-Aug-08 10:25:56

Do you people really have nothing better to do with your time??? Surely if you have children you could have used this time productively educating them and possibly even playing with them!?!?!

Have you even seen what makes headline news?? Children stabbing each other to death... Yurkish school collapse kills 13... Aid warning over afghan violence!!! You really thing a major newspaper is going to care that some girl didnt want to get wet in the rain!!!!!

Those of you who are Mothercare employees be warned you should be very careful what you say on the internet especially concerning your employers, you know the ones who pay your bills!!!

Jesus Christ people get a fricking life.

ThatBigGermanPrison Fri 01-Aug-08 10:27:56

So, Moaningminnies, why aren't you playing with your kids then?

Go and 'productively educate' them with some flashcards or something.

HumphreyPillow Fri 01-Aug-08 10:31:10

"Jesus Christ people get a fricking life".

Is that another of your headlines, moaningminnies?

GordonTheGopher Fri 01-Aug-08 10:31:58

Blimey.

upsidedownupsidedown

Loriycs Fri 01-Aug-08 10:41:46

have we gone health and safety mad in this country (hmm)

moaningminnies if you are who i think you are you have been trolling for weeks
(career troll?)
and you have the cheek to ask us if we have nothing better to do?

sherbetdipdab Fri 01-Aug-08 10:45:18

For God's sake! I was really enjoying this thread, love a good moan!

But then there is always someone who comes along to spoil the fun.

My DS is napping so I can't play with him, sorry. But you have obviously read the whole thread and posted a comment, what are your children doing??

Oh and MC are pretty rubbish and they have Myleene Klass (patron saint of mothers) designing a clothing range now too! angry

Loriycs Fri 01-Aug-08 10:49:50

can someone tell me what trolling means. I recently discovered mumsnet and spend far too much time on it, dh has threatened to block it!!!! My now deprived of attention son, is as we speak watching Robots. Feeling quite guilty now......

chipmonkey Fri 01-Aug-08 10:53:44

Don't worry folks, come September moaningminnies will be back at school where she belongs!

Loriycs Fri 01-Aug-08 10:56:28

but how can you pose as someone else, you cant steal someone elses name on here?? or am i being naive?

chipmonkey Fri 01-Aug-08 11:02:43

You can change your name, Lori, but not to someone else's name. Some people are regular posters but you can change your name if for example you want to post about a sensitive subject. Trouble is some people change their name and then "troll" which is posting for inflammatory purposes.

Loriycs Fri 01-Aug-08 11:04:53

I see, cheers.

Loricys Fri 01-Aug-08 11:05:17

and you can do this sort of thing, which is pretty nasty

(it's SPB)

Loriycs Fri 01-Aug-08 11:06:13

How did you get my name?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

BouncingTurtle Fri 01-Aug-08 11:09:35

Look carefully at the spelling.

Hey SPB!

Loriycs Fri 01-Aug-08 11:14:02

oh yeah! do mant people do that kind of thing?

Fimbo Fri 01-Aug-08 11:14:47

Here moaningminnies, before you start on us get your facts right, the Sunday Post is not a major newspaper. hmm

Loriycs Fri 01-Aug-08 11:44:26

hi, me again, one more question, what is SPB- need to make sure im up on all this obviously!!

I meant it's me!
I've just posted on another thread as 'you' sorry, did explain and name change back!
Hi BT

Loriycs Fri 01-Aug-08 12:03:38

Thank you smile

chipmonkey Fri 01-Aug-08 13:47:52

OMG, SPB! I was really fooled by that! Was thinking poor Lori was a troll![girn]

chipmonkey Fri 01-Aug-08 13:48:10

Sorry for girning at you!grin

katiepotatie Fri 01-Aug-08 15:00:34

took nearly 25 mins to pay for a potty, as they were faffing over a code for a cot for the poor bugger in front of me, they had been there an hour......have not been back since!
Halfords for car seats though, thay are lovely smile

shortyzoe Tue 05-Aug-08 00:54:49

hi i currently work at mothercare and have done for over 2 years, i am surprised by alot of things which have been said on ere especially about it being raining and not being able to fit a carseat in the car because of it!! it seems that some people have unfortunatly been to some mothercares which are not up to a great standard, which is a shame as the place i work at never does any of these things. You may think i am blowing my own trumpet and thats ur opinion but i am always out in the rain and doing it with a smile and making people feel welcome in the store just because i treat people how i want to be treated, unfortunatly there is not anough people around like this. btw i have recieved many complaints about halfords carseat service i think it just depends on the area you live in, not the companies themselves.

trikitara Tue 09-Nov-10 19:32:52

hello i work at mothercare been there 4yrs now and at anthor baby company before that, in all its been 10 yrs, i really shocked about the rain incident, i have been out in the snow, rain and hale!! Please dont lose faith in a very gd compamy we arnt all like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now