What things irritate you irrationally?

(394 Posts)
OracleInaCoracle Sat 28-Jun-08 16:03:47

for me it is people who dont say thank you when you step of the pavement into the road so that they can get past.
people who step on the back of your shoe and dont apologise.
and people who dont use caps correctly wink

and im sure i will be back with more!

BEAUTlFUL Sat 28-Jun-08 16:07:13

When you're driving and let someone out, and they don't thank you.

OR, when driving, if someone lets you out and you go to thank them but they're not even looking at you, just gazing ahead, stony-faced. If you didn't want me to drive on, don't fecking flash me, you arse. Grrrrrr

lazarou Sat 28-Jun-08 16:07:31

When you are standing looking at something and your ds is in the pushchair, and then some stupid bitch comes along with her puchchair and pushes it right in front of your ds so that now he can not see anything.

bossykate Sat 28-Jun-08 16:08:57

those pesky pedestrians who have the temerity to stand on the pavement blocking my view of the traffice when i am in the car and tryin to turn into a main road wink

BEAUTlFUL Sat 28-Jun-08 16:11:03

On schoolrun: when you're late, and hurriedly shuttling your child towards the school gates, and all the smug mothers who got there on time are wafting back through the gates with maddening slowness, chatting to each other about cupcakes, letting their 2-year-old ride sideways on its tricycle, dragging a toy dog, etc, and don't step aside to let you come in, despite your hopping around on the other side of the fence, red-faced and panting

DustyTV Sat 28-Jun-08 16:11:19

When people don't wind the cord back up correctly on the vacum cleaner.

When people squeeze the toothpaste tube from the middle and not the end.

Completely irrational I know!!!!

BEAUTlFUL Sat 28-Jun-08 16:12:07

Husbands.

lazarou Sat 28-Jun-08 16:12:31

When dh decides to mix up all the dirty vlothes with clean ones, and then I have to wash them all again becaus e they smell of dirtiness

Dragonbutter Sat 28-Jun-08 16:12:59

coat hangers
they just piss me off

thumbwitch Sat 28-Jun-08 16:16:36

I'm with DustyTV on the toothpaste; same for putting the caps back on bottles/cans etc.

people who have conversations in the middle of supermarket aisles with their trollies pretty much blocking the entire aisle who then TUT at you when you move their trolly to get past; likewise people who block shop doors having conversations

drivers who stop on the main, free-flowing traffic road to let people in from a side road

thumbwitch Sat 28-Jun-08 16:17:35

LOL @ Beautiful - yes there are many things DH does that irrationally piss me off

lazarou Sat 28-Jun-08 16:17:37

When dh decides to buy something 'because it is cheap'
'oh look, thos plants are only 50p' 'yes, that's because they are dead'

When dh decides to make something and it costs more than if we had just bought it ready made, and it looks crap

Ecmo Sat 28-Jun-08 16:20:09

children shock

ecmo that's not irrational annoyance though is it? It's completely justified wink

thumbwitch Sat 28-Jun-08 16:25:45

ditto for Lazarou - totally rational response

OracleInaCoracle Sat 28-Jun-08 16:27:02

lazarou, dh does that too. usually with washing up liquid/washing powder. never with beer oddly enough hmm

Ecmo Sat 28-Jun-08 16:27:55

people who don't like cats

people who are in love with their pets. Especially cats.

councilestatemum Sat 28-Jun-08 16:30:11

Sniffing .
Noisy eating.

Ecmo Sat 28-Jun-08 16:30:30

people who think i am i love with my pets

people who let their dogs near my children. Newsflash, idiot. Your dog stinks. Keep it away.

OracleInaCoracle Sat 28-Jun-08 16:35:10

people who use babytalk whenspeaking to their kids/pets/other halfs.

thumbwitch Sat 28-Jun-08 16:35:33

American pronunciation of words like merlot, herbs, oregano (apologies to Americans)

OracleInaCoracle Sat 28-Jun-08 16:35:52

people who refer to each other as mummy and daddy when thir dc's are not around!

people who make tea the wrong way. People who don't pour the water on as soon as it's boiled. People who wring out the teabag before adding milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now