To give nursery keyworker a £20 gift card as Christmas present?

(16 Posts)
Bubspub Tue 29-Nov-16 22:18:04

Our DS has settled into nursery this year, his keyworker has been an absolute star and we're very happy and relieved to have him there. We want to give his keyworker a giftcard for the local shopping mall so she can buy herself something she likes. We're not loaded but able to do this as we only have him. I may be overthinking this but wondered what people's opinions are as to whether it's unreasonable of me to give this, is there a chance she wouldn't be able to accept it (could there be nursery rules about not accepting gifts?), might it embarrass her etc? Obviously we don't want to make her feel awkward or be patronising but I'm guessing she doesn't earn a huge amount for her hard work and we'd really like to express our thanks. Thanks for reading x

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 29-Nov-16 22:26:36

I think that's a lovely idea. Can't see why it would be a problem smile

Bubspub Tue 29-Nov-16 22:28:27

Thank you Felicia. I didn't know whether to check with the manager first if this is allowed but don't want to make a big deal of it. So thought I'd check on MN instead. I think will just go ahead and do it. Surely she can't refuse if I get DS to hand it to her! X

EllieHandMeDownBaby Tue 29-Nov-16 22:29:34

We gave our dds nursery keyworker a gift card the first year she was there. It was very well received.

enchantmentandlove Tue 29-Nov-16 22:29:50

I used to be a nursery nurse and received vouchers a few times, I was always very thankful. It's also nice looking having things I brought years ago with the vouchers and remembering the child (an ornament from next and a lovely body warmer). It's a lovely idea

enchantmentandlove Tue 29-Nov-16 22:30:49

Sorry my post didn't completely make sense as I'm settling dd!

Cucumber5 Tue 29-Nov-16 22:32:47

Lovely! Even £10 or a box of chocolates is v meaningful

Bubspub Tue 29-Nov-16 22:33:10

Perfect, thank you that confirms to me it's the right thing to do then. Thank you x X

avamiah Tue 29-Nov-16 22:33:17

I'm sure she will be very happy with a gift card.
I used to buy gift vouchers and chocolates when my little one was at nursery.

Bubspub Tue 29-Nov-16 22:34:36

Enchantment it's lovely to think that whatever she buys with it might remind her of our DS, that's very sweet x X

Only1scoop Tue 29-Nov-16 22:34:55

I used to get Amazon voucher for dd key worker. He was fantastic.

avamiah Tue 29-Nov-16 22:35:26

Wait till he starts school OP and goes to after school clubs.
You have all that to come. 😀😀😁

Mrskeats Tue 29-Nov-16 22:36:11

Of course give that. She will be delighted. Everyone likes to feel appreciated.

Akire Tue 29-Nov-16 22:36:51

Never used to have individual gifts, odd box quality street between 20 staff! We would raffle them on Xmas eve so each person would end up with one or bottle or wine. gift voucher sounds ace!

Bubspub Tue 29-Nov-16 22:37:11

Amazon voucher is a good idea too. We really appreciate her hard work and how she's taken the time to get to know him, he can be fairly tricky too. It is well deserved! X

Bubspub Tue 29-Nov-16 22:41:08

Perfect, thanks for your replies. Wanted to make sure it wasn't cringey but it sounds like it's not an unreasonable gift!

As an aside, saw you can get personalised bottles of wine saying 'our child is probably the reason you drink so have this one on us'. If I was getting her a bottle of wine it would be that one. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now