to not understand the play value of shopkins?

(9 Posts)
gottaloveascamhun Mon 28-Nov-16 15:07:15

I've been aware that they've been around for some time but DD (nearly 6) has just shown an interest. Looked online for a Christmas present for her - but I don't really get what they do or how you play with them...?

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 28-Nov-16 15:09:51

Nor me and we have thousands of them.

smEGGnogg Mon 28-Nov-16 15:10:56

They don't do anything. They're plastic bits of crap that are collectible. Hundreds of designs including rare, ultra rare and limited edition. Sometimes kids swap them.

My girls think they are the be all and end all and make up games with them.

FrogletinaBallerina Mon 28-Nov-16 15:12:50

My DD has been bought various sets like a shopping centre and a supermarket which her and my DS spend hours making up games with.

The Shopkins have also been used as accessories for Barbie too in this house.

arethereanyleftatall Mon 28-Nov-16 15:13:11

Dd plays with them exactly as she plays with everything else, peppa pigs, barbers, sylvanians - role play. They'all be students in a class room, or in a friit bowl - whatever their wonderful imaginations come up with.

zofranks Mon 28-Nov-16 15:13:54

OMG us too - my 4 yo loves them, me on the other hand...I just don't GET them, they don't appear to have a purpose but I have been advised to let her watch youtube videos of other kids playing with them - apparently it's all about using their imagination and counting and spelling (I still don't get it but hey ho...)

WheresTheEvidence Mon 28-Nov-16 15:19:08

Can you not play with them as characters? Says the woman who used to play with a bear ornament, Matryoshka doll and a nutcracker when I didn't have access to my barbies or playmobil smile

Farmmummy Mon 28-Nov-16 15:41:26

They lie around the house and get stood on (hurting just as much as lego) ignored largely unless friends are here when they are the best things ever. They get lost and go up the hoover angry

gottaloveascamhun Mon 28-Nov-16 15:57:01

Looking at the kinstructions sets they seem to be better, as the child has to build them Lego style.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now