to be annoyed with Menlook? (Re DH's Christmas present)

(6 Posts)
MassDebate Mon 28-Nov-16 14:05:26

Sorry to mention the C word but it is nearly December grin.

Anyway, I have been incredibly organised with my Christmas shopping this year (lots of family birthdays around the same time which makes the whole period very shopping-intensive) and bought DH a coat via the Menlook website. When it arrived I thought it looked a bit on the small side so I emailed them immediately to ask whether they would give an extended return period to enable me to return it after Christmas if necessary. There was no response to my message after 3 weeks so I gave up the secret and made DH try it on and found it is too small sad.

I duly requested an exchange (they allow 30 days for this - I was too late to request a refund as that has a 14 day period) and sent the coat back. Their website says exchanges will be processed by them within 14 days. Today, 17 days later (and 12 days after the tracking shows it was received) I had heard nothing from Menlook so this morning I called to check on when I might receive my replacement.

The customer service rep told me that although my package had reached their Bedford centre 12 days ago, they don't process exchanges there and it will be 14 days from receipt at their main hub (wherever that is) before my new coat is sent out. She basically said it could be up to another month (!!!) before I receive my replacement goods. Subsequently, I received an email from Menlook saying they have received my return and will process it within 14 working days.

AIBU to think this is rubbish? I am now very much regretting buying from them and am also worried whether the coat will ever turn up! It was over £350 btw which was taken from my account when I ordered in October. (I also wish I'd realised beforehand that Menlook is a French company and purchases governed by French law - double ouch.)

MassDebate Mon 28-Nov-16 14:05:53

oops that was long. Sorry and thanks for reading blush

Foxysoxy01 Mon 28-Nov-16 14:39:29

Not good customer service. They have you over a barrel though really, the only thing I can think of is kicking off on social media or writing to the company director if you can find the details.

acornsandnuts Mon 28-Nov-16 14:41:29

Find them on twitter and complain on there. It usually speeds up the process.

BabyGanoush Mon 28-Nov-16 14:43:07

That's rubbish

Cancel the second coat and but somewhere else!

MassDebate Mon 28-Nov-16 15:01:38

See I can't cancel the cheque second coat as I was returning it after their 14 day refund period had expired, so all I'd get is store credit if I don't get another coat. I don't want to be forced to order another £350ish of goods from them after this and they give themselves 21 working days to apply store credit anyway.

<wails>

I paid through Paypal so am wondering if there's anything I can do with them...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now